LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Never knew the Warriors and Lakers had a RIVALRY .

IMO, they don't. They've never really been good at the same time for any extended period of time. The Lakers have all of basket ball history, and the warriors have 1 season in the 70s and the last 5 years. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
IMO, they don't. They've never really been good at the same time for any extended period of time. The Lakers have all of basket ball history, and the warriors have 1 season in the 70s and the last 5 years. lol
Only by the grace of god that i am a LAKERS FAN.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
A little less than originlly reported

Originally posted by InconvenientTruth21:

That's a bit better.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

That's a bit better.

As far as future picks are considered - it's not that bad.

Pels will get 2022 pick
Swap in 2023 could be nulled if Pels are worse than Lakers.
2024 or 2025 unprotected pick (that could end up in lottery)
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 16, 2019 at 1:03 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

That's a bit better.

As far as future picks are considered - it's not that bad.

Pels will get 2021 pick (top 8 protected)
Swap in 2023 could be nulled if Pels are worse than Lakers.
2024 or 2025 unprotected pick (that could end up in lottery)

2024 we sign Zion, Ball, and Ingram.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Oh and looooooool celtics
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Who's playing PG for the Lakers? Kyrie?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Who's playing PG for the Lakers? Kyrie?

Kemba Walker maybe. But he would leave a lot of money on the table, provided he gets the max offer from Charlotte.

Regarding the trade, it is the very definition of an all in bust or brilliant move. The Lakers were painted into a corner and on the LBJ timeline. If they only could have waited on more year they could have gotten Davis for nothing. Looking at the trade, and considering draft positions of the players involved, that is five # 1's and at least 3 lottery picks. And it may be more if Griffin can parley the #4 this year for a couple more down the line. It has a bit of the same feel as the Celtic Nets trade, and how the Celts have reaped the benefits to this day still. All that being said, Davis is a much better catch than an aging trio of old Celtics. Dude is only 26 and is always in the MVP discussion. My worry would be health, as it seems like he always misses his share of games every year. This should ensure the Lakers are on at least one national broadcast a week lol.

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Never knew the Warriors and Lakers had a RIVALRY .

You're right but the NBA is player driven. LeBron has a rivalry with GS.
I really hope Lakers not only beats GS but humiliate them

GS fans are so annoying the past couple of years, and are only going to get worse when team is in SF with even more yuppies
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

GS fans are so annoying the past couple of years, and are only going to get worse when team is in SF with even more yuppies

I really think gs fans are overreacting. All they need to do is resign Boogie, get rid of Iggys contract, add some depth, and that team is still gonna be great. Klay will be back in Feb, and they will still be one of the favorites, if not the favorite.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Word
  • titan
  • Veteran
Is there a chance for Kawhi to still go to the Lakers or just out of the question due to the amount of money?
Share 49ersWebzone