LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Lol. Once again, 18 and 5 when the core was healthy. And we are talking about 2nd and 3rd year players, you do realize that players get better, right? 2nd year players arent all pros...

Pretty dumb take there.

You don't get to pretend injuries aren't part of the game. If Lonzo can't stay healthy that's what you're trading for. The cherry picking record is meaningless.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 23, 2019 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Lol. Once again, 18 and 5 when the core was healthy. And we are talking about 2nd and 3rd year players, you do realize that players get better, right? 2nd year players arent all pros...

Pretty dumb take there.

You don't get to pretend injuries aren't part of the game. If Lonzo can't stay healthy that's what you're trading for.

Ya you actually get to. Theres not one team this season that was a playoff team that had 2 or more of their core guys miss games consistently. This was a very injury plagued season for the lakers. This isnt common around the league. Another dumb take...
Ya you actually get to. Theres not one team this season that was a playoff team that had 2 or more of their core guys miss games consistently. This was a very injury plagued season for the lakers. This isnt common around the league. Another dumb take...

All the more reason to not trade for guys who can't make it thru a year. Your key trading piece is 0/2 on that one and the other guy has blood clot issues.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 23, 2019 at 8:41 PM ]

All the more reason to not trade for guys who can't make it thru a year. Your key trading piece is 0/2 and the other guy has blood clot issues.

If youre trying to sound like Skip Bayless, you are winning. Done entertaining you though.
If youre trying to sound like Skip Bayless, you are winning. Done entertaining you though.

There's a reason the trade didn't happen and likely won't happen again. Those pieces aren't appealing as you think.
Before they were about to get Ball Ingram Kuzma Zubac Hart and our first. This is a downgrade. This is why their GM got fired.

And if we land a big FA, theres really no reason to trade the young guys. This team was 18 and 5 when everybody was healthy. With a guy like KL joining, this team can compete for a chip, especially if KD leaves.

A core that couldn't make the playoffs with Lebron. Most of that is crap. You may get a better pick at 4 opposed to surrounding Zion with a group that can get you to the 8 seed at best.

Pretty dumb take there.

This is the standard 'I don't watch the Lakers but I know they suck cuz their record take' right here
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If I was west i'd tell him clippers will be the best place to build a legacy and turn a franchise around. The dubs were a lame franchise like the lakers but are a household name now. That could be you Kawhi! Clippers have a young core that took the super team to 6 games.

Why go to the dysfunctional Lakers and be in the shadow of lebron, kobe, shaq and the showtime lakers?

Lol
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
This is the standard 'I don't watch the Lakers but I know they suck cuz their record take' right here

Opposed to the I'm a Laker fan so I want to cherry pick the season take. 18-5 the other games don't count. But hey you kind of have to take the fan approach because chances are they're still going to be Lakers come next season.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 24, 2019 at 6:41 AM ]

Opposed to the I'm a Laker fan so I want to cherry pick the season take. 18-5 the other games don't count. But hey you kind of have to take the fan approach because chances are they're still going to be Lakers come next season.

There aren't any pompoms in here buddy...we are very realistic and knowledgeable about our squad. Injuries are a real thing, and none of our young guys have been around long enough to declare as injury prone (which renders them basically useless as a tradeable asset). The talent is there, even if you don't agree with coaches/scouts/nba gms...Your hot takes are entertaining though I'll say that.
There aren't any pompoms in here buddy...we are very realistic and knowledgeable about our squad. Injuries are a real thing, and none of our young guys have been around long enough to declare as injury prone (which renders them basically useless as a tradeable asset). The talent is there, even if you don't agree with coaches/scouts/nba gms...Your hot takes are entertaining though I'll say that.

Does the talent fit together to the point where a team would want to take on multiple guys to build around? You can't blame being 29th in 3 point shooting on injuries. I don't see NO wanting to surround Zion with Ball, Hart and Kuzma and that's after the lottery luck by both teams.

Does the talent fit together to the point where a team would want to take on multiple guys to build around? You can't blame being 29th in 3 point shooting on injuries. I don't see NO wanting to surround Zion with Ball, Hart and Kuzma and that's after the lottery luck by both teams.

Have you watched games when they are all healthy? Ingram and Kuzma are completely different players, very complimentary of each other and when flowing correctly Lonzo really knows how to set them up. Lebron and Kuzma feed great off each other, Ingram and Ball as well. Hart is a great role player, he really isn't a starter. 3 pt shooting is a known weakness, one that they have been (unsuccessfully) trying to address.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on May 24, 2019 at 7:33 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

All the more reason to not trade for guys who can't make it thru a year. Your key trading piece is 0/2 on that one and the other guy has blood clot issues.

Lonzo stepped on someone's foot at full speed in transition. That's bad luck, it doesn't make him injury prone.

If NO wants to trade AD for scraps out of spite - then that's on them.

BI was playing at near all-star level before the blood clot report (which he had a successful surgery). If im the Lakers - I'm not even offering BI.

NO can have the draft picks and Kuzma and other young players. Unprotected draft pick after Lebron has retired as well. But, BI shouldn't be on the table.
Halfro Kobe was ridiculous:

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Halfro Kobe was ridiculous:

Dang I forgot how good that team was, stacked
Nice s**tstorm article about Lakers dysfunction on Espn this morning
Share 49ersWebzone