LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Magic defended his Zubac trade. He was a RFA, and they wanted to get at least something. He didnt see Zubac as somebody who he wants to eat up salary cap in the offseason. Then went on to laugh with Smith when Smith said Z only averaged 5 points a game during the playoffs.

I didn't watch the interview but this makes no sense from Magic. Zubac's cap hold would have counted for 1.9M this summer. A empty roster space will cost .9M. So you're only saving 1M by trading Zubac.

And you traded him to a team that you're competing with to make the playoffs and in the free agency.

Going into 2018 - Lakers could have of the better center depth with Lopez, McGee, Zubac (with Randle and Lebron playing small ball Center). Now, this is one of the biggest need. Completely ruined it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Also, it looks really poor on Magic to do this interview the day Lakers had decided to introduce their new coach.

Not sure how he and Jeanie are close when he is doing this kind of thing.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
This whole thing is lol funny.

Let me get this straight - Magic, who clearly was never around and didn't give a s**t...who told Jeanie that he wanted to keep working on his other job while GM bc it made him more money - oh which by the way, is motivational speaking. Not running Oracle, he spends his whole time telling people how they can be great like him. This guy, who talks about his incredible love for the lakers, literally goes on first take a s**tty gossip tv show no one takes seriously, to basically undermine the entire lakers organization, talk s**t on Rob and basically toss out a bunch of half truths and crap...on the SAME DAY WERE ANNOUNCING OUR NEW COACH. What a POS. The best part is he was going to mentor Rob to be him, lol. How pathetically self absorbed can you be???

Thanks for the tampering fines, and for Mike Mustacka, and making sure we most definitely will never get Anthony Davis. Oh and to top it all off you air out your dirty laundry and continue to make the entire org look bad....during the off-season that has the greatest free agent class in the history of the sport. Think about that.

You've done enough, thanks for the championships Magic, stay the f**k away from the Lakers you empty suite douche.
Well said.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Also, it looks really poor on Magic to do this interview the day Lakers had decided to introduce their new coach.

In fairness to that, the interview was scheduled weeks ago, before Vogel was hired.

And speaking of that press conference, both and Rob and Vogel did a great job. Answered tough questions and answered them well, especially Rob.

After everything thats happened today, sounds like Magic is pretty clueless on how to run a team, and Jeanie is a poor owner. Rob still doesnt come out looking good, but at least he has a better understanding. He wanted Randle, didnt like the Z trade, and wasnt the one who f**ked up the AD trade.
And Magic also didnt want Brook back. Lol...

Glad hes gone, magic that is.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on May 20, 2019 at 9:04 PM ]
Magic defended his Zubac trade. He was a RFA, and they wanted to get at least something. He didnt see Zubac as somebody who he wants to eat up salary cap in the offseason. Then went on to laugh with Smith when Smith said Z only averaged 5 points a game during the playoffs.

I didn't watch the interview but this makes no sense from Magic. Zubac's cap hold would have counted for 1.9M this summer. A empty roster space will cost .9M. So you're only saving 1M by trading Zubac.

And you traded him to a team that you're competing with to make the playoffs and in the free agency.

Going into 2018 - Lakers could have of the better center depth with Lopez, McGee, Zubac (with Randle and Lebron playing small ball Center). Now, this is one of the biggest need. Completely ruined it.

Z was a RFA, we wouldve had to match whatever another team offered. I understand trading him, but not for that valie
Yea, focusing on the positive things...Vogel presser couldn't have gone much better imo. This was a huge quote for me personally - "Asked Frank Vogel if his approach has evolved from Indiana days through Orlando: "There's been a major evolution stylistically about the way I want to play." He cited analytics and the 3-point line as changes; still believes defending inside at the rim to out is key."

He was an elite coaching on the D side, but his teams offense rankings leave some questions, so it's good that he said this. He's a veteran coach, made easteron conf playoffs, and seems to be a guy who has some respect around league. Wasn't really my
First choice but I'm liking it more and more. And it's a good first move for Rob, cuz really who the hell knows how good Rob can be as the guy who now has the keys. I'm optimistic, like an idiot, once again.

Z was a RFA, we wouldve had to match whatever another team offered. I understand trading him, but not for that valie

So? He's 21... you wouldn't want that chance to match another team?

Depends on the price. He looked pretty good with us at times and is young. Some team couldve offered him starter money, and he wasnt gonna be starter with us. Solid bench player though.

Depends on the price. He looked pretty good with us at times and is young. Some team couldve offered him starter money, and he wasnt gonna be starter with us. Solid bench player though.

He was starting for us lol. Who in FA or in draft would be cheaper and be a better overall player than ZU at start of next year

Disagree sir. The man is free to say whatever he wants whenever he wants now. If trust was indeed broken he's not the one who has to save face.

I thought this was the most solid argument at the time of the trade
He was starting for us lol. Who in FA or in draft would be cheaper and be a better overall player than ZU at start of next year

Wasn't getting AD the focus at the time? I might be wrong but that would have justified it.

He was getting 20 min a night. Some good nights, some bad nights. And he started late in the season, after McGee was injured and Tyson had his back issues.

Either way i dont want to see Z trying to switch on PGs, that was never pretty. Good backup, but your not winning s**t with him as your starter. And he sucked with Clips, its not like we traded away a championship piece. It wouldve been stupid to match some team offering him 10 to 15 mil this offseason. Right move to trade him, but could've gotten more. And I really dont want to waste more time talking about Zubac lol.

He was getting 20 min a night. Some good nights, some bad nights. And he started late in the season, after McGee was injured and Tyson had his back issues.

Either way i dont want to see Z trying to switch on PGs, that was never pretty. Good backup, but your not winning s**t with him as your starter. And he sucked with Clips, its not like we traded away a championship piece. It wouldve been stupid to match some team offering him 10 to 15 mil this offseason. Right move to trade him, but could've gotten more. And I really dont want to waste more time talking about Zubac lol.

Fair enough. Well see in a couple years. I was a huge Zu fan, that one hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone