There are 130 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Allie Clifton
So.....basketball season.........can't come soon enough, now.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So.....basketball season.........can't come soon enough, now.

I just freed up money to put it all on a Warriors home game against the Lakers.

Since I wont blow anything on Niners games.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Love me some BI.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Love me some BI.

lol

Love me some BI.

as a fan you love hearing that, but as a normal human being you're like...dude, basketball isn't everything.

BI is gonna either surprise or disappoint this year. by disappoint, i mean that he won't take that 3rd year jump where they look like all-star players. and i don't think he has a lot of room to not surprise.

i've heard Magic and Pelinka talk about their vision for this team a couple days ago, and they don't care about positions. but, guards are guards. and sf/pf/c, that might have gone away, but you still can't put a 6'9 guy who moves like a 6'6 guy on someone like Curry or other elite guards in this league.

and this is the issue with that. right now, at least the way it looks like, it's gonna be a starting lineup of

Ball or Rondo depending on Ball being healthy
KCP at the other guard spot (he's gonna impress btw) and he's back with a purpose this season, supposedly he's in amazing shape and spent all offseason in the gym.
BI
Bron
McGee

that's the starting lineup, however, this team will go with Ball, KCP, (or Hart) BI, Kuzma, and Bron down the stretch and during certain parts of the game. which makes sense. however, if that lineup doesn't look great, and BI isn't looking like a player you can't leave off the floor, then he's gonna be the odd man out moving forward. we will need someone who can stretch the floor but also play good defense and be able to rebound in that small lineup.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 24, 2018 at 1:52 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lebron looks like s**t in that uni tbh. Lakers need new threads... the white jerseys are decent, and those black alternates, but that yellow has been hideous for a while
Originally posted by sacniner:
Lebron looks like s**t in that uni tbh. Lakers need new threads... the white jerseys are decent, and those black alternates, but that yellow has been hideous for a while

It's been hideous since Nike took over. They completely f**ked up the colors. They're too proud to scrap their makeover and bring it back to what it should be.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Love me some BI.

as a fan you love hearing that, but as a normal human being you're like...dude, basketball isn't everything.

BI is gonna either surprise or disappoint this year. by disappoint, i mean that he won't take that 3rd year jump where they look like all-star players. and i don't think he has a lot of room to not surprise.

i've heard Magic and Pelinka talk about their vision for this team a couple days ago, and they don't care about positions. but, guards are guards. and sf/pf/c, that might have gone away, but you still can't put a 6'9 guy who moves like a 6'6 guy on someone like Curry or other elite guards in this league.

and this is the issue with that. right now, at least the way it looks like, it's gonna be a starting lineup of

Ball or Rondo depending on Ball being healthy
KCP at the other guard spot (he's gonna impress btw) and he's back with a purpose this season, supposedly he's in amazing shape and spent all offseason in the gym.
BI
Bron
McGee

that's the starting lineup, however, this team will go with Ball, KCP, (or Hart) BI, Kuzma, and Bron down the stretch and during certain parts of the game. which makes sense. however, if that lineup doesn't look great, and BI isn't looking like a player you can't leave off the floor, then he's gonna be the odd man out moving forward. we will need someone who can stretch the floor but also play good defense and be able to rebound in that small lineup.

To be honest - out of THE 3 young Lakers players...I'm most confident in BI to become a star. He just has so much raw talent and then he lives and breathes basketball. These are the guys you can bet on. Now, obviously - that's different from can he gel with Lebron...but I again - I feel his game compliments Lebron's game. He can shoot, he can create for himself, and he can create for others. He can do everything well offensively. He's just not as aggressive as he should be...but that will come as he gets more confident. Kyrie did all those things too and complimented Lebron perfectly.

I used to be most skeptical about Kuzma but all I've read this summer that he's gonna be really good because he has insane work ethic as well...and that was the theme in today's media day as well. It's very possible that Kuzma is better than BI this season...but we have to remember that he is 23 and BI just turned 21.

I was a big fan of BI and Lonzo since their college days...and even after the season Kuzma had last season - I wasn't really sure what to think of him. But, since everyone in the NBA he has been in touch with this summer has been so high on him - I'm finally getting excited to see Kuz play with Lebron.

Should be a really fun season. Can't wait to see what happens and how everything turns out.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 24, 2018 at 11:59 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

• 4ML
  • Veteran
There are reports that Rondo is going to start at PG. Maybe, first couple games if Lonzo is recovering from surgery but yesterday Lonzo said he's 100% and working on his strength to be cleared for 5 on 5.

I really liked the Rondo signing but Lonzo must start. Maybe Lakers are trying to light a fire under Lonzo's ass...but I think Lonzo should be the starter.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Damn...Javale is shooting/making 3s now?
I think it was more coach speak than anything. Lonzo isn't out there. Therefore he's not the starter. I think Lonzo will get the start when he's healthy and fully participating. They'll figure out what's best for the rotation as the season goes on and whatever works best is what they'll do.
Share 49erswebzone