Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
KCP starting tonight.

I think offensively - Lakers have looked pretty good but defensively they have been awful. Still early and often chemistry matters more on defense - so they have time to fix some of these issues. This is another reason I'd like Ball in the starting line-up. He's a better defender than Rondo at this point...plus Rondo (like Lebron) will play better defense when playoffs begin.

Also, I think it's not fair to Kuzma to play him at Center. I think Lakers will eventually realize that they need to trade/sign a real backup Center. I don't think you can play Javale more than 20-24 minutes a game for an entire season.

3 words.

Mo......MO WAGNER!

He's injured. This will set him back quite a bit. I wouldn't count on him for a while this season. Svi has looked lost out there too. Needs to adjust to the speed of NBA and regular season hasn't even started yet.

I know. Its just fun to stay euro techno style. I don't expect anything from him this year. I think they throw Zubac out there to see what we have and its either sink or swim. If its sink then we cut him and look to sign someone off the streets.

I do expect SVI to get up to speed and contribute.

Yea at this point - that's pretty much their option at Center. Read that Zubac was not 100% to start the camp and is still trying to get back to full speed. That gives me some hope...he wasn't completely bad in the last preseason game.

I wished Randle would have signed with Lakers. He would have been a perfect fit with this team.

Not sure how much you've seen of Zubac in years past, but he's got some surprising skills. His biggest problem is consistency. Sometimes he plays so light on his feet and shows great touch around the rim, it's crazy.

Not a whole lot. Last year he didn't play a lot and his first year I didn't watch a lot of Lakers game - only highlights of BI in their rookie season...so not a lot.

Have only heard what beat reporters and fans are saying about Zubac in articles, podcasts and radio...hopefully he steps up.

Zubac got playing time around the 2nd half of the season during his rookie year, and he looked good out there. blocking shots, and like Stoney said, had good touch around the rim. the last year, he was struggling out there, didn't seem to be in great shape and just didn't look the same. this year it looks like he's gotten in better shape, he's lighter, and is ready to run the floor. but overall, i don't think he's a big piece, and he'll be a 5-10 min guy a night until Mo comes back healthy.

Yea he looks in better shape than last year. Surprised he hasn't played tonight yet. Beasley can be so frustrating to watch sometimes...would like to see Zubac get that role and hold onto it till Wagner is ready to play some minutes.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
barely dribble? dude has some of the best handles for a big man. he's not Hot Sauce out there, but he's solid for his size. always created his own shot and most of the time he would start his dribble from the 3 point line. thought i agree he didn't fit the long term plan that well because he couldn't shoot, and his defense was above average at best, he wasn't Draymon out there.

overall, i think that's what this team is missing the most, that and another guard who can shoot defend (hopefully Hart is that guy). but we don't have an athletic big man who can defend multiple positions and play solid defense. McGee has been a good surprise so far, but he can't stay out there for 30+ min and constantly having to switch on guards. Wagner, i don't think he's that guy either. he can evolve into a solid stretch 5, but he lacks the athleticism to be solid defender.

Yea Randle has pretty good handle for a big and I can't say about long term fit because Randle's game can still evolve but would have been great fit (for what was available on a short term deal in FA) for this current team for 1 year.

It's not like McGee, Beasley or Zubac are shooters. Randle can actually rebound and attack unlike those guys and is probably a better defender than all of them. He can play 30mpg as well. Right now, Lakers basically don't have a starting center.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Svi looks like he needs to be in the G-league for a month or two
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Yea Ball should be starting on this team. It is no debate for me. His defense was great and his passing in transition is elite. Makes the decision to pass ahead so quickly.

Ball must start.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 10, 2018 at 10:21 PM ]
barely dribble? dude has some of the best handles for a big man. he's not Hot Sauce out there, but he's solid for his size. always created his own shot and most of the time he would start his dribble from the 3 point line. thought i agree he didn't fit the long term plan that well because he couldn't shoot, and his defense was above average at best, he wasn't Draymon out there.

overall, i think that's what this team is missing the most, that and another guard who can shoot defend (hopefully Hart is that guy). but we don't have an athletic big man who can defend multiple positions and play solid defense. McGee has been a good surprise so far, but he can't stay out there for 30+ min and constantly having to switch on guards. Wagner, i don't think he's that guy either. he can evolve into a solid stretch 5, but he lacks the athleticism to be solid defender.

I'll defer to Magic and Rob, who made zero effort to re-sign Randle.
How on earth did we let Lopez walk?

so they didn't resign him because they thought he has terrible ball handling skills? not his shooting, or his 20 mil contract?...okay, hopefully you got some links backing that up. i've yet to hear anybody say that Randle is a bad at dribbling. he's one of the best in the league for his size.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 11, 2018 at 12:45 PM ]

so they didn't resign him because they thought he has terrible ball handling skills? not his shooting, or his 20 mil contract?...okay, hopefully you got some links backing that up. i've yet to hear anybody say that Randle is a bad at dribbling. he's one of the best in the league for his size.

F** Randle... what'd you guys think of last night performance?

I dont know if its possible but Lebron is better than advertised. He basically never makes a mistake on the court, and is constantly making ridiculously good plays. Unbelievable.

Rondo and Lonzo got some minutes in the backcourt together and seemed to work well . Now im curious to see a lineup of Rondo Lonzo Ingram Lebron and Kuzma.

Kuzma needs to get his head out of his ass and start focusing on playing off the ball. I remember he'd get 3 or 4 layups a game because of his movement off the ball. Now he stays on the perimeter and tries to make hero plays 1 on 1.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How on earth did we let Lopez walk?

Not sure if serious. lol

I can't link you to his dribbling skills, but the guy is top 20 in turnovers per 36 minutes. Above Steph, Dennis Smith, Bledsoe, guys that have the ball ALOT. How do you think he racks up so many turnovers? I don't think I've ever seen an NBA player dribble off their own leg as much as Randle...Do you not recall that?
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 12, 2018 at 6:09 AM ]

Originally posted by Arminini:

F** Randle... what'd you guys think of last night performance?

I dont know if its possible but Lebron is better than advertised. He basically never makes a mistake on the court, and is constantly making ridiculously good plays. Unbelievable.

Rondo and Lonzo got some minutes in the backcourt together and seemed to work well . Now im curious to see a lineup of Rondo Lonzo Ingram Lebron and Kuzma.

Kuzma needs to get his head out of his ass and start focusing on playing off the ball. I remember he'd get 3 or 4 layups a game because of his movement off the ball. Now he stays on the perimeter and tries to make hero plays 1 on 1.

I couldn't agree more. He is next level.

That Rondo Lonzo pairing was great. Takes a ton of pressure of Lonzo and he is able to move without the ball and get into the defense a bit. Lonzo looks like he gained 20 pounds and he has some serious spring right now.

Agreed on Kuzma. It doesn't help when he comes in with Lance and Lance is doing 1 on 1 isos the whole time. Beasley + Lance lineup I think we make 1 basket every 3 minutes.
I don't think we need to waste our time talking about how amazing Lebron is. lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I couldn't agree more. He is next level.

That Rondo Lonzo pairing was great. Takes a ton of pressure of Lonzo and he is able to move without the ball and get into the defense a bit. Lonzo looks like he gained 20 pounds and he has some serious spring right now.

Agreed on Kuzma. It doesn't help when he comes in with Lance and Lance is doing 1 on 1 isos the whole time. Beasley + Lance lineup I think we make 1 basket every 3 minutes.

This.

On Kuzma - also doesn't help that he's being asked to play Center on both ends. It's tiring when you have to bang with guys who got 30-40lbs on you and know how to play that position. I think sometimes he's just thinking too much out there rather than just reacting and letting instinct take over. It's screwing with him on offense.

Lonzo said he's 210lbs now...he was playing at 190 last season. Big change in 5-6 months.
I am not a fan of Kuzma playing center. I get it, when they're playing small ball and all that. But that is so far from his comfort zone I think it's going to f**k him up.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't think we need to waste our time talking about how amazing Lebron is. lol

Nope lol
Share 49ersWebzone