LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

***OFFICIAL 2018/19 Soccer Thread***

• Veteran
Originally posted by NeKro:
f**king hate how Fox sports doesn't show the Uefa games anymore. I have to watch the game on reddit. wtf!

its all f***ed up when it comes to watching soccer this year. No Bein sports on Xfinity, and now this.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 190836:
f**king hate how Fox sports doesn't show the Uefa games anymore. I have to watch the game on reddit. wtf!

its all f***ed up when it comes to watching soccer this year. No Bein sports on Xfinity, and now this.

If you want to watch one specific game you can watch on B/R live for like 3-4 dollars.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Champions League is really interesting already; almost every big team has dropped points. Bayern draw yesterday with Ajax (that was a clusterf*ck) and Real lose to CSKA Moscow.

PSG has already lost, so has Man City.

Depending on today's results, Juve and Barca may be the only major teams to have not dropped points after the first two matchdays.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by Janitor:

If you want to watch one specific game you can watch on B/R live for like 3-4 dollars.

Ive been lucky to find the UEFA Juventus games on Spanish TV, if there not showing it then I use reddit. Im trying to watch the games at a bar while I eat some lunch. I got tues and wed off so I can see the games but not at home lol. Im sure the Juve Manchester will be on TBS so I get to see 1 game at the bar lull.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by Janitor:
Champions League is really interesting already; almost every big team has dropped points. Bayern draw yesterday with Ajax (that was a clusterf*ck) and Real lose to CSKA Moscow.

PSG has already lost, so has Man City.

Depending on today's results, Juve and Barca may be the only major teams to have not dropped points after the first two matchdays.

yeah there has been some crazy results. Spurs have to play top ball, I don't see Barca dropping points especially with a rested Messi.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Barca up 0-2 spurs dead now
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barca Spurs was hell of a game.

Messi gonna Messi...
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 3, 2018 at 5:37 PM ]
  • Veteran
So, I am here in Istanbul Turkey for the first time. I don't know much about the Turkish league, but I have to say that the Turkish people are crazy about their soccer. I am sensing Galatasaray is their favorite and most successful team.
[ Edited by 190836 on Oct 10, 2018 at 2:38 PM ]
So, I am here in Istanbul Turkey for a first time. I don't know much about the Turkish league, but I have to say that the Turkish people are crazy about their soccer. I am sensing Galatasaray is their favorite and most successful team.

Hate galatasary with a passion, after 2 Leeds fans were stabbed to death by their fans the night before the uefa cup semi final in 2000

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2000/apr/07/newsstory.sport1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lufc1992:
So, I am here in Istanbul Turkey for the first time. I don't know much about the Turkish league, but I have to say that the Turkish people are crazy about their soccer. I am sensing Galatasaray is their favorite and most successful team.

Hate galatasary with a passion, after 2 Leeds fans were stabbed to death by their fans the night before the uefa cup semi final in 2000

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2000/apr/07/newsstory.sport1
Thanks for sharing that Lufc1992. I had no idea. Obviously violence has no place in sports.
[ Edited by 190836 on Oct 10, 2018 at 2:39 PM ]

Thanks for sharing that Lufc1992. I had no idea. Obviously violence has no place in sports.

They are probably turkey's biggest team with fenerbache & besiktas not far behind. But they're a horrible lot. They like to call their stadium Hell & have lots of banners stating welcome to hell. Which is why in that article is said Leeds had a banner saying "Hello Hell, We Are Leeds!!"

In 93 I remember them intimating man united (also Leeds' Biggest English rival) & beat them 4-0 at home. There's a YouTube video of the police being heavy handed with the man united players

But the night they were killed that started a hatred that will go on forever. No galatasary fans were allowed to come to Leeds for the 2nd leg of the uefa cup semi, for fear of Leeds fans going after their fans.. Then in 2003 England played turkey & there was a lot of trouble all going back to what happened.

A player that played for Leeds Harry Kewell that night ended up moving to galatasary from Liverpool, now he wasn't well liked for the way he moved to Liverpool but signing for galatasary having been there that night, he'll never be welcome at Leeds again & is despised by the fans.
Just found this link on YouTube. The first 2:30 is of Leeds & galatasary fighting from the semi final

I was actually gutted & sad watching this as I'm pretty sure those are the 2 Leeds lads that died in the back of the ambulance.

The rest of the video is the violence from the final a month later Galatasary vs Arsenal.

https://youtu.be/agA4bVKT5Og
Just curious when did they start showing premier league games in America. Do you ever get to see season reviews of years before American networks began showing the games?
[ Edited by Lufc1992 on Oct 13, 2018 at 3:06 AM ]
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lufc1992:
Just curious when did they start showing premier league games in America. Do you ever get to see season reviews of years before American networks began showing the games?
They've been on for a few years. NBCSports regularly televises the premier league games on Sat and Sundays. Also, certain cable companies offer the premier league season pass for all the games. I must say there is no shortage of watching soccer in America. I am glued to my tv on Saturdays watching as many games as I can.
  • Veteran
I don't know if I like the new UEFA Nations League games. The games are too sloppy if you ask me.
Share 49ersWebzone