***OFFICIAL 2018/19 Soccer Thread***

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
So dumb that the gold cup is on espn+

The match last night was on FS1

Great...

It was like watchng a s**tty MLS game. Bc our players were all s**tty MLS players.

We have a couple good young players now, and a lot of them play in europe. I like where soccer is heading for us. And we have black people on the team now lol

If we can get the Westbrooks and Tyreek Hills to play soccer growing up, usa could be a top nation in soccer.
How I wish I was around to see Leeds in the 70's

https://twitter.com/efl/status/1144194934150434818?s=21

Just playing with Southampton, pure taking the mick out of them. The rabona pass from Giles was a thing of beauty
[ Edited by Waccoe1919 on Jun 27, 2019 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Waccoe1919:
How I wish I was around to see Leeds in the 70's

https://twitter.com/efl/status/1144194934150434818?s=21

Just playing with Southampton, pure taking the mick out of them. The rabona pass from Giles was a thing of beauty

The English media hated us for playing this way. Felt that it was disrespectful, If this happened nowadays with Barca or city it's would be talked about forever
Marta retires with a badass exit

• Veteran
What a game between Brazil and Paraguay in Copa America.
Rapinoe!
Nice win by the girls
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Germany girls knocked out .

Still rooting for the USA girls though

Also Germany v Spain U-21 final is today
Hell of a game going on right now
Interesting choice to bench Rapinoe. USA wins though.

She was on point all match
US should be up about 3-0 right now
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Thoughts:

• USWNT had an absolutely dominant performance. Great match.
  • Watching the Gold Cup final right after the WWC Final I was struck by how much faster the game was.
  • USMNT should have done better. They had every opportunity to win and blew it badly.
  • The officiating in that match was a bit rough. I'm all for "let them play", but that guy didn't card anything.
  • Speaking of officiating, the Copa America is a disaster. Absolutely riddled with officiating issues. Then they go and put an official who had been suspended for 8 months for corruption in charge of the final. Lol wow.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Thoughts:

• USWNT had an absolutely dominant performance. Great match.
  • Watching the Gold Cup final right after the WWC Final I was struck by how much faster the game was.
  • USMNT should have done better. They had every opportunity to win and blew it badly.
  • The officiating in that match was a bit rough. I'm all for "let them play", but that guy didn't card anything.
  • Speaking of officiating, the Copa America is a disaster. Absolutely riddled with officiating issues. Then they go and put an official who had been suspended for 8 months for corruption in charge of the final. Lol wow.
I was watching this game (for once) and was like WTF at all the rough hits, with no calls. Obvious excessive time waisting and more. But, just like in the NFL if you lose a close game because of the refs, you didn't make enough plays to keep the refs from being a factor. They missed so many "Should have been goals" in the first half, where they should have been up 2, or 3-0 at halftime.

It's encouraging to see the MEN's team getting better though. This was a form of the Same mexican team that knocked Germany out of the World Cup, and this is our Men's team that couldn't make the world cup. So any improvement is a huge positive.
Share 49ersWebzone