There are 184 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL 2018 WORLD CUP Thread***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Then why did you ask?

How else do you define support? Only way to quantify is by attendance and revenue. I'm sure US soccer has more fans and more revenue than Dutch soccer.

Revenue by ratio to national gdp

How does that help with developing a better team?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

This is on game days in Amsterdam.

This is against Copenhagen.

lol @ these fans thinking EPL is a local league

Like I said - don't go to Amsterdam and talk about EPl and other leagues. They love their Eredivisie (Dutch league) and their Ajax.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 15, 2018 at 3:31 PM ]
French President celebrating at the game

Then why did you ask?

How else do you define support? Only way to quantify is by attendance and revenue. I'm sure US soccer has more fans and more revenue than Dutch soccer.

He literally said "i dont know s**t about soccer" in the 24/7 thread about a week now. ignore him, he's just trolling...
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jul 15, 2018 at 3:52 PM ]
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
I hate the MLS and the EPL, there I said it. Seria A and La Liga
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Then why did you ask?

He literally said "i dont know s**t about soccer" in the 24/7 thread about a week now. ignore him, he's just trolling...

Huge rallies and parties in Brussels, London, Bern, Barcelona after French (a local team in similar time zone) win the World Cup.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Come on 4ML, get your analogy correct. The correct football comparison isn't NFL team to NFL team it is CFL to NFL and Canadian to American.

CFL teams literally share timezones with NFL teams. Do Canadians consider the NFL their local league since it is in the same timezone and bigger? Nope. CFL is what they consider their local league and it has tremendous local support. But guess what!?! The top Canadian players will choose the NFL if given the opportunity yet Canada rarely produces top talent.

Hmmmm, so a country right next door has an extremely popular league in the same sport but despite the support, they can't produce top talent. Hmmmmm, how is that possible SunDevil?
Originally posted by DaBum:
Come on 4ML, get your analogy correct. The correct football comparison isn't NFL team to NFL team it is CFL to NFL and Canadian to American.

CFL teams literally share timezones with NFL teams. Do Canadians consider the NFL their local league since it is in the same timezone and bigger? Nope. CFL is what they consider their local league and it has tremendous local support. But guess what!?! The top Canadian players will choose the NFL if given the opportunity yet Canada rarely produces top talent.

Hmmmm, so a country right next door has an extremely popular league in the same sport but despite the support, they can't produce top talent. Hmmmmm, how is that possible SunDevil?

You'd be surprised by the amount of football fans in canada who dgaf about the cfl
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
This official stuff a medal in her pocket

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/world-cup/extraordinary-moment-fifa-official-busted-lifting-world-cup-history/news-story/ce2fc2825004f270c4ca54a817f9a5b8

Heist gone wrong or holding it for official reasons?
  • dmax
  • Veteran
God..I need my soccer...just cant watch the MLS
Go liverpool

• Veteran
Doesn't Dutch best player play for Bayern or something?

Again...how does this matter?

...and who is the best Dutch player? I know you googled this and cane up with Robben. That's so 2015.

lol
Originally posted by NeKro:
I hate the MLS and the EPL, there I said it. Seria A and La Liga

MLS is hot garbage, like arena football.

Serie A, is cool and so is bundesliga. La liga is as rigged as the champions league.
[ Edited by Debryune on Jul 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by DaBum:

Yes Canadiens follow nfl teams, and for all purposes outside a hometown team, it is a local league that they follow on regular tv and media.

Canadiens don't pump out nfl players because for one thing, a unique body build is required that isn't common in Canadiens. There's a reason why Samoans, despite little football background, can find themselves on college rosters. Canada does send kids regularly to college, which is essentially the 2nd best league. Michigan and ND recruited Canadiens.

If there was an international competition for football, that was taken seriously, Canada would do pretty good.

The other issue is the depth of hockey in Canada for a country the size of CA.

More national support = more investment in youth sport and development.

If a countries #1 sport is xyz, they'll pump out top players in that sport
Originally posted by 190836:

...and who is the best Dutch player? I know you googled this and cane up with Robben. That's so 2015.

lol

Local career opportunities matter in adults pushing their kids into sports. There are tons of career opportunities in soccer in Europe. It's not just play in Dutch league or bust. You guys nitpick minor details, I'm sure there are Dutch players that left the Dutch league to earn money elsewhere

Edit: I don't get why what I say is controversial. If MLS was as big as the nba, we'd have a top national team. Why is that crazy?
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 16, 2018 at 10:20 AM ]
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:

lol

Local career opportunities matter in adults pushing their kids into sports. There are tons of career opportunities in soccer in Europe. It's not just play in Dutch league or bust. You guys nitpick minor details, I'm sure there are Dutch players that left the Dutch league to earn money elsewhere

Edit: I don't get why what I say is controversial. If MLS was as big as the nba, we'd have a top national team. Why is that crazy?

That wasn't the point you were making. No back tracking now.
Share 49ersWebzone