There are 87 users in the forums

Bob Fitzgerald. Enjoy his work, or drive you nuts

Bob Fitzgerald. Enjoy his work, or drive you nuts

IMO ! Lacob likes him because he's a kiss ass and a good golfer. I personally can't handle all the spin he spews
Curious what others think
Originally posted by Viperboy:
IMO ! Lacob likes him because he's a kiss ass and a good golfer. I personally can't handle all the spin he spews
Curious what others think

I like him as an announcer imo. I like Jim Barnett better though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I used to love his radio show - don't think much of him as an announcer. Papa is better.
Dude is on the opposite spectrum of grant Cohn. Super annoying with how much of a homer he is

JB is awesome though and usually tells it how it is
Fitzgerald as the emcee at the parade was cringe worthy. I like him on his radio show more than anything else he does.
Cant stand him as the Warriors announcer because he is just way too much of a homer. The whining about the referees is way too much.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 13, 2018 at 6:46 PM ]
Where's the option for enjoying his nuts?
Irking at times.. but he's tolorable when paired with barnett.. i think we've grown immune to his homerism lol.. it's almost funny sometimes

I would rather listen to him than the TNT/ABC guys
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:26 PM ]
  • Veteran
He is the biggest ownership kiss a** ever. Remember how he use to defend Chris Cohan? Or the Yorks?
I know Bob Fitzgerald personally. I can tell you from personal experience, the homer you see on tv, is not how he is in person. He has complained about management, players, coaching, etc.

I agree, he is annoying af on tv though.

As an announcer he's terrible. On his show he's a little better.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I know Bob Fitzgerald personally. I can tell you from personal experience, the homer you see on tv, is not how he is in person. He has complained about management, players, coaching, etc.

We can only judge him based on what he says on radio or tv. I remember him defending Chris Cohan like the dude was Eddie D. Always excuses for his incompetence as an owner.
Originally posted by 190836:

We can only judge him based on what he says on radio or tv. I remember him defending Chris Cohan like the dude was Eddie D. Always excuses for his incompetence as an owner.

Understood. Just pointing out that he is not really that stupid/homerish in real life.
Originally posted by 190836:

Understood. Just pointing out that he is not really that stupid/homerish in real life.

Is he as arrogant in real life as he is on KNBR? He and Rod Brooks are perfect for each other given how arrogant they both are. I respect Fitz's knowledge but his show isn't much in the humility department.
he's cool

dude been through a lot past couple years tho
Share 49ersWebzone