Buy 49ers at Rams NFC Championship tickets →

There are 147 users in the forums

OFFICIAL 2018 NBA Off-Season Thread

• mayo49
  • Veteran
He's going to Houston. Him, Paul and Harden would be a threat to our throne.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's going to Houston. Him, Paul and Harden would be a threat to our throne.

It'd be more than that. It can argued Houston should have beat GS this year. I think GS is the better team but it's not that big of a gap. Add LeBron and Houston should be clear favorites.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Even if they had a roster - he isn't playing for the god damn clippers. If he's in La - it's gonna be Lakers obviously.

Lakers and Sixers should be favorites.
Rockets with an outside chance if they can get rid of Anderson's contract and ready to pay Capela, Harden, CP3 and Lebron max dollars.

I think Celtics will be very interesting too if Danny Ainge got the guts to take some risks.

Rockets would need to use Gordon to get rid of Anderson and have enough to pay him max.

Capela is going max.
Did you guys miss the report that came out recently that said lebron has no interest in playing in Houston, and mainly in that system?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Did you guys miss the report that came out recently that said lebron has no interest in playing in Houston, and mainly in that system?

IMO Houston isnt a good fit because Harden, Paul, and Lebron all need the ball in their hands. There would be SO much ISO ball.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

One so obscure that it hasn't shown up on the Rockets message board?
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
IMO Houston isnt a good fit because Harden, Paul, and Lebron all need the ball in their hands. There would be SO much ISO ball.

That's what they said about Paul/Harden. All three are capable of hitting a spot up three. You stagger LeBron and Harden since they are elite drive and kick. Paul I don't see having an issue of playing 2nd option. Half the time with one, half the time with the other. Paul wants a championship and has already shown he will sacrifice ball dominance to have a shot.
Originally posted by DaBum:

That's what they said about Paul/Harden. All three are capable of hitting a spot up three. You stagger LeBron and Harden since they are elite drive and kick. Paul I don't see having an issue of playing 2nd option. Half the time with one, half the time with the other. Paul wants a championship and has already shown he will sacrifice ball dominance to have a shot.

Seriously doubt he goes there anyway. One, it isnt the best fit. Two, Houston will have to find someone to take on Andersons terrible contract which wont be easy. Three, I doubt Houston will pay FOUR guys Max deals. Four, it will put Lebron's easy path to the finals in extreme jeopardy.

Still think he goes to Philly to join Embiid and Ben.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Seriously doubt he goes there anyway. One, it isnt the best fit. Two, Houston will have to find someone to take on Andersons terrible contract which wont be easy. Three, I doubt Houston will pay FOUR guys Max deals. Four, it will put Lebron's easy path to the finals in extreme jeopardy.

I doubt it too. Too many moving parts. You thinking Capela goes max as No. 4? I seriously doubt that. He's not the type to demand that. I'm sure someone will offer max but if it hamstrings the team he won't go for it in my opinion.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
One thing no one seems to talk about is Paul teaming up with LeBron. Paul seems extremely happy in Houston but what if LeBron tells Paul to join him on a team that fits with LeBron's ideas? Would Paul say no to joining him

One thing no one seems to talk about is Paul teaming up with LeBron. Paul seems extremely happy in Houston but what if LeBron tells Paul to join him on a team that fits with LeBron's ideas? Would Paul say no to joining him

I've said that I could see Paul joining Lebron in going to LA if PG doesn't join him. It'd actually be a really good fit too.

Ball would be nice trade bait
[ Edited by IT21 on Jun 9, 2018 at 9:03 PM ]

I doubt it too. Too many moving parts. You thinking Capela goes max as No. 4? I seriously doubt that. He's not the type to demand that. I'm sure someone will offer max but if it hamstrings the team he won't go for it in my opinion.

You are right. Maybe not a max deal for Capela but he will still command a very big contract.
Originally posted by IT21:

I've said that I could see Paul joining Lebron in going to LA if PG doesn't join him. It'd actually be a really good fit too.

Ball would be nice trade bait

I would like to see this just to see Lavar's reaction haha.

Link?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

This is what I think. Only way it would work is if he either changed his entire style of play that he's been successful with over his entire career or they get rid of the ball hog, Potential MVP and 28 year old Harden which I don't really see happening for a 33 year old Bron.
[ Edited by jcs on Jun 9, 2018 at 9:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone