LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

When all is said and done the NBA GOAT is..........

When all is said and done the NBA GOAT is..........

Originally posted by Niners99:
Again, I said "BY HIMSELF". Nobody ever said "LeBron doesn't elevate his teammates". I said he doesn't elevate his teammates by himself. He always has stars around him to help. The entire "Without Pippen Jordan has no titles" is a terrible pro-LeBron point, because without Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, and AD, LeBron has no titles.

It's a bad look when you lose in the first round 3 years in a row before getting pippen ... and also Lebron would have more rings if the literal best team ever assembled wasn't created

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Zachary:
You mean him taking a team that has been trash forever to be the 4th seed with 50 wins and win MVP?And make it to the finals? Yea you right

But not win it all/ so got chase after something better. Let's look at MJ/ Phill.
Who was Phil Jackson before Michael? What makes you think Lebron would see someone who never won anything without him as the goat coach? He wouldn't and short of Popovich getting fired and running to Lebron how is someone who leaves every time he sees greener pastures going to end up with a great coach?

I don't care about Phil jackson. I'm just saying you can't say Lebron didn't accomplish anything, which is why he left the Cavs, when he took them to the finals and won mvp .. that's just an asinine statement
Just look at the record of the teams the year after Lebron leaves. Or the year they got him compared to the year before. He's the most valuable player to a team in history imo and that's an easier debate than the goat debate
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Imagine Lebron being coached by probably the greatest NBA head coach ever, he'll probably have 40 rings.

Lmao Lebron is the coach on any team he plays for, no coach he had, had anything to do with him winning.

Now imagine he had the greatest nba head coach help him win, he'll probably have 50 rings.
Again, I said "BY HIMSELF". Nobody ever said "LeBron doesn't elevate his teammates". I said he doesn't elevate his teammates by himself. He always has stars around him to help. The entire "Without Pippen Jordan has no titles" is a terrible pro-LeBron point, because without Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, and AD, LeBron has no titles.

It's a bad look when you lose in the first round 3 years in a row before getting pippen ... and also Lebron would have more rings if the literal best team ever assembled wasn't created

Stop with this same flawed argument. Jordan was ages 21-22-23 and was playing with a garbage roster against the dynasties of that era. Faulting him for not dominating in those circumstances and calling a lack of Scottie Pippen the reason is such an awful take.

How much of Jordan's career did you actually experience?

I don't care about Phil jackson. I'm just saying you can't say Lebron didn't accomplish anything, which is why he left the Cavs, when he took them to the finals and won mvp .. that's just an asinine statement

Except I didn't say that. I said instant success referring to the grand prize and title after title. Which he didn't get and why he bolted and would of done to same Phil whether it was Clv or Miami or Clv again.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 30, 2020 at 4:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Lebron will never be the GOAT unless he gets at least 6 rings

So if he decided to be a bench player for a championship team right now and they won 2 more rings for him, now he's the goat?

This will never happen so its pointless to even answer
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Imagine Lebron being coached by probably the greatest NBA head coach ever, he'll probably have 40 rings.

Or he'd leave him after year 3 when he didn't have instant success.

Lebron was in Cleveland for 7 years.
In Miami for 4 years.
In Cleveland again for 4 years.
And will retire with lakers and likely play 6 years.

It was Jordan who left Phil after 3 years. And when Bulls said they won't bring back Phil in 98 - be quit basketball again.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

That's not the point tho.

Jordan is under .500 in regular season without Pippen. He has won 1 playoff game without Pippen.

As Jordan said - he never won anything without Pippen.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Jordan is under .500 in regular season without Pippen. He has won 1 playoff game without Pippen.

Yeah, its nice when superstars give their teammates credit.

What does this mean? If Pippen was drafted by another team are we saying Jordan would have finished his career with just one playoff win?
[ Edited by 49erminion on Oct 30, 2020 at 10:44 AM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Yeah, its nice when superstars give their teammates credit.

Of course. Especially when you really didn't win anything without that teammate.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 30, 2020 at 10:46 AM ]
Such laughable logic. Let's use the same logic shall we?

Those Cleveland teams were laughable though. Bulls still had some good players around MJ, even in Pippens rookie year. And remember, Celtics and Pistons were basically done. Both of those teams were just old
Lebron was in Cleveland for 7 years.
In Miami for 4 years.
In Cleveland again for 4 years.
And will retire with lakers and likely play 6 years.

It was Jordan who left Phil after 3 years. And when Bulls said they won't bring back Phil in 98 - be quit basketball again.

Jordan was with the Bulls his entire prime and only left after his dad was murdered (may of left regardless but you'd have to be a fool to think it wasn't the deciding factor). He didn't leave just because he thought he could win elsewhere. He retired both times. Not going to fault a guy for retiring after such a horrible tragedy or just because he was done with it. Lebron left to play elsewhere and since we're saying what he could of done with a great coach is that coach going to follow him around?
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 30, 2020 at 11:57 AM ]

It was a very efficient 7 point a game though.
Share 49ersWebzone