LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

When all is said and done the NBA GOAT is..........

When all is said and done the NBA GOAT is..........

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
^ you are the one cramming the Lebron = GOAT down our throats though while, getting in little shots at Jordan's legacy at the same time

lol not at all. I'm only responding to ppl who think Lebron is not even in the conversation. You got that ass backwards.

Whole I don't think he's the GOAT, He should absolutely be in the conversation.. But the last few pages of this and the other thread have been littered with posts taking shots at Jordan about the social media/media thing, can't win without Pippen, played in a watered down league, can't beat teams that have more than 1 HOF players , etc etc. That, imo, is someone trying to denigrate one guy to prop his guy up. If not my apologies
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
^ you are the one cramming the Lebron = GOAT down our throats though while, getting in little shots at Jordan's legacy at the same time

lol not at all. I'm only responding to ppl who think Lebron is not even in the conversation. You got that ass backwards.

Whole I don't think he's the GOAT, He should absolutely be in the conversation.. But the last few pages of this and the other thread have been littered with posts taking shots at Jordan about the social media/media thing, can't win without Pippen, played in a watered down league, can't beat teams that have more than 1 HOF players , etc etc. That, imo, is someone trying to denigrate one guy to prop his guy up. If not my apologies

I think I've said many times in this thread - imo top 3 players of all time are Kareem, Bron and MJ in any order. It comes down to your preference. Either way - you're picking the best of their eras.

Sometimes you've to reply negativity with negativity. That's all. I never been a hater. I enjoy watching great players. Always have - always will. To me, that is the best part of NBA bc these guys are complete freaks.

[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 27, 2020 at 9:12 PM ]

I think I've said many times in this thread - imo top 3 players of all time are Kareem, Bron and MJ in any order. It comes down to your preference. Either way - you're picking the best of their eras.

Sometimes you've to reply negativity with negativity. That's all. I never been a hater. I enjoy watching great players. Always have - always will. To me, that is the best part of NBA bc these guys are complete freaks.

Gotcha. I like that trio
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Bron took a bad Cavs team to a finals. To say he doesnt elevate his players is ridiculous. The difference with the teams hes won on, he had help. Just like every single modern NBA player that won a title.

MJ isnt winning without Pippen, and guys like Rodman, Grant, Kerr, etc.. Its not Brons fault that the Cavs horrible front office couldnt get him help like Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, and other greats got.

Bron was still the best player in Miami and Clevland, and even now at 35 hes still the best player. I expect these arguments from jiks, sac, monster, and tjd.

You're better than this.

Where did I say he didn't elevate his teammates? I literally never said that.

You just took 4ML's argument against Jordan and then just applied it to my argument against LeBron.

The entire thing started with 4ML saying Jordan was nothing without Pippen, which makes no sense when he's trying to argue for LeBron, who literally couldn't have won any titles with a sidekick or two that were just as good as Pippen.

But I get it, you go out of your way to argue with me about everything, so you had to find some angle to jump in on this.

You literally said, "when did Bron ever elevate a team by himself". Wtf lol

"By himself". Key words. He always had Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, AD, etc. He elevates his teams, but not by himself. Hes had other superstars around him every time he's had success.
Bron took a bad Cavs team to a finals. To say he doesnt elevate his players is ridiculous. The difference with the teams hes won on, he had help. Just like every single modern NBA player that won a title.

MJ isnt winning without Pippen, and guys like Rodman, Grant, Kerr, etc.. Its not Brons fault that the Cavs horrible front office couldnt get him help like Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, and other greats got.

Bron was still the best player in Miami and Clevland, and even now at 35 hes still the best player. I expect these arguments from jiks, sac, monster, and tjd.

You're better than this.

You just took 4ML's argument against Jordan and then just applied it to my argument against LeBron.

The entire thing started with 4ML saying Jordan was nothing without Pippen, which makes no sense when he's trying to argue for LeBron, who literally couldn't have won any titles with a sidekick or two that were just as good as Pippen.

But I get it, you go out of your way to argue with me about everything, so you had to find some angle to jump in on this.

"By himself". Key words. He always had Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, AD, etc. He elevates his teams, but not by himself. Hes had other superstars around him every time he's had success.

Did you not watch him during his first stint in Cleveland? Thats exactly what he did, elevate his teammates. Unless you think Mo Williams and Drew Gooden were the reason for the Cavs going to the finals or the deep playoff runs.

And Kyrie and Love were winning like 30 games a year on their own. Saying Bron doesnt elevate his teammates makes no sense. Thats Skip Bayless talk.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 28, 2020 at 7:20 AM ]
Lebron will never be the GOAT unless he gets at least 6 rings
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Lebron will never be the GOAT

ftfy
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Lebron will never be the GOAT unless he gets at least 6 rings

So if he decided to be a bench player for a championship team right now and they won 2 more rings for him, now he's the goat?
Imagine Lebron being coached by probably the greatest NBA head coach ever, he'll probably have 40 rings.
MJ
KOBE
LBJ

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Imagine Lebron being coached by probably the greatest NBA head coach ever, he'll probably have 40 rings.

Lmao Lebron is the coach on any team he plays for, no coach he had, had anything to do with him winning.

Or he'd leave him after year 3 when he didn't have instant success.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Or he'd leave him after year 3 when he didn't have instant success.

You mean him taking a team that has been trash forever to be the 4th seed with 50 wins and win MVP?And make it to the finals? Yea you right
Originally posted by Zachary:
You mean him taking a team that has been trash forever to be the 4th seed with 50 wins and win MVP?And make it to the finals? Yea you right

But not win it all/ so got chase after something better. Let's look at MJ/ Phill.
Who was Phil Jackson before Michael? What makes you think Lebron would see someone who never won anything without him as the goat coach? He wouldn't and short of Popovich getting fired and running to Lebron how is someone who leaves every time he sees greener pastures going to end up with a great coach?
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 29, 2020 at 4:57 PM ]

You're better than this.

Did you not watch him during his first stint in Cleveland? Thats exactly what he did, elevate his teammates. Unless you think Mo Williams and Drew Gooden were the reason for the Cavs going to the finals or the deep playoff runs.

And Kyrie and Love were winning like 30 games a year on their own. Saying Bron doesnt elevate his teammates makes no sense. Thats Skip Bayless talk.

Again, I said "BY HIMSELF". Nobody ever said "LeBron doesn't elevate his teammates". I said he doesn't elevate his teammates by himself. He always has stars around him to help. The entire "Without Pippen Jordan has no titles" is a terrible pro-LeBron point, because without Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, and AD, LeBron has no titles.
Share 49ersWebzone