LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

When all is said and done the NBA GOAT is..........

When all is said and done the NBA GOAT is..........

technically the right answer is To be Determined because it hasn't all be said and done yet.

#noneedtothankme.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
technically the right answer is To be Determined because it hasn't all be said and done yet.

#noneedtothankme.

LeBron isn't going to un-lose all those Finals, so its pretty set in stone at this point.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

#noneedtothankme.

LeBron isn't going to un-lose all those Finals, so its pretty set in stone at this point.

who said it was going to be lebron or jordan? The NBA is still going on so it hasn't all been said and done yet, but if it was reworded as whom is the goat as of right now, i'd give the nod to jordan and thats coming from a lebron fan thats been following him since highschool. I also followed jordan too though.
1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Wilt
4. James
5. Duncan
I still say kaj then wilt.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Except when he played against Russell, he whooped his ass so many times.

Russell was on a better team, but did not get the better of Chamberlin in those games. He outscored Russell by an average of almost 16 pts while shooting a higher percentage and getting more blocks / rebounds
If I had to put together a starting 5, with the goal of being the most dominant possible:

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Klay Thompson
C: Wilt Chamberlin
PF: Larry Bird
SF: Scottie Pippen
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
If I had to put together a starting 5, with the goal of being the most dominant possible:

Goal failed

Hate to be like this, but I could probably put together 10 teams off the top of my head that would scrape this team.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Hate to be like this, but I could probably put together 10 teams off the top of my head that would scrape this team.

I counter with:

PG: Steph Curry
SG: James Harden
C: Yao Ming
PF: Shawn Kemp
SF: Vince Carter

Diminishing returns with too many ball hogs. Guys like Jordan and Bryant were great individual scorers, but their efficiency was average. All-time team would need great passers, shooters, defense etc...
Originally posted by 49erminion:

I counter with:

If im gonna put a team together that will be play the best basketball, as a whole team, while still being true to their positions, probably would be

C Kareem or Hakeem
PF KG or Duncan
SF Bron or Pippen
SG Jordan
PG Chris Paul or Isiah Thomas

The 3 point shooting isn't good obviously, but half court and fast break, it doesn't get better than this. Kareem could run like a deer in his prime as well. And defensively, this team would be amazing.
Late to this party, but ….

Michael Jordan

There is quite the list of players among the greatest of all time, but Jordan is the GOAT.

Some players have more rings (Bill Russell, other late 50's/60's Celtics, Robert Horry, etc.), a few players have better stats, that in itself does not make them better.

Jordan consistently dominated games like no other player I have ever been fortunate enough to witness play and damn near singlehandedly won game 6 of the 97-98 NBA Finals. That last 45 seconds or so of that game is something to behold (Jordan made a career of such moments).

When anyone wants to try to discuss Lebron James or Kobe Bryant as equal to Jordan it's a joke. They are accomplished players and on that list of greatest of all time, better than most other players in NBA history, but they are nowhere near as good as Jordan. As a player Kobe was like Jordan, but an inferior version of Jordan. LeBron is not like Jordan as a player, but to my eye has shown a better ability to physically dominate a game (nearer to Jordan) than Kobe ever did. In that light he is like a Jordan, but, again, an inferior version of Jordan. Love both Kobe and LeBron. Kobe's story has been written -- one of the greatest, 5 rings. LeBron is still writing his story, he has a chance to equal Kobe with 5 rings, but is getting long in the tooth and running out of time while needing two rings to do it. In the Finals for eight straight years and usually (but not always) running up against a superior team LeBron has often been a one man gang in his 9 Finals appearances. LeBron is a more dominant player than Kobe, but needs another ring or two to end any debate about who is better in my mind. Even if by some miracle LeBron gets to six rings (which I don't see happening), I still don't see him as being better than Jordan. Despite that, his legacy as one of the all time greats is secured already.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I counter with:

If im gonna put a team together that will be play the best basketball, as a whole team, while still being true to their positions, probably would be

C Kareem or Hakeem
PF KG or Duncan
SF Bron or Pippen
SG Jordan
PG Curry

The 3 point shooting isn't good obviously, but half court and fast break, it doesn't get better than this. Kareem could run like a deer in his prime as well. And defensively, this team would be amazing.

I was just pulling players out of my ass earlier. But being serious i like your strategy. My picks in bold and swapping out Paul/Thomas with Curry. With the defensive monsters surrounding him who cares if his defense is a liability his attention on the offensive side way overcompensates.

I counter with:

PG: Rick Fox
SG: Larry Hugh's
SF: meta world peace
Pf: Detlef Schrempf
C: Elton Brand
Share 49ersWebzone