LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Alliance of American Football (new league in 2019)

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
https://aaf.com/games/s1/w8/g1/orlando-at-memphis

start from the 2:35:00 mark

lol last 20 min of the game are the lolz

oh and Johnny Football gets knocked out after throwing a pick in the endzone and trying to tackle
36:00 min mark
[ Edited by SoCold on Apr 1, 2019 at 9:02 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Janitor:
That escalated quickly

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/27/aaf-may-not-make-it-to-year-2/

League filled with garbage players wont succeed? Well im shocked

Somehow college basketball and football succeed.

Ya but people have personal connections with their college teams, and they understand they are watching amateurs. These are supposed to be professional's, and it doesnt like look like they are.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by SoCold:
https://aaf.com/games/s1/w8/g1/orlando-at-memphis

start from the 2:35:00 mark

lol last 20 min of the game are the lolz

oh and Johnny Football gets knocked out after throwing a pick in the endzone and trying to tackle
36:00 min mark

Lulz. Sing gonna be the first coach fired in AAF history.
AAF suspending operations as of today

lol

and idiots actually thought this might be viable and sustainable, let alone - entertaining
lol loosers
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
AAF suspending operations as of today

lol

and idiots actually thought this might be viable and sustainable, let alone - entertaining

A couple weeks ago my buddy talked me into going over to one of his friends house to watch an AAF game, this guy REALLY into it, kept saying how awesome it was. I can't even remember who was playing but s**t was awful and boring, by halftime I busted out the "need to pick up my kid from the movies" excuse to get the hell out. I'll take watching college football over that garbage any day.
Wonder if they waited till today so people didn't think it was April fools.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Wish they would have at least finished the season. It's almost there already.

Dumb plan though starting without having actual financing secured. They kept saying they had tons of money to invest but it was all by people who were allowed to pull out whenever they want.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Vince already has $400M set aside for XFL, and has promised to do $500M. Right off the bat that would be double what the AAF had from Dundon. And Vince won't pull out because it is his own product.

I thought AAF was set up better but it looks like it was mostly smoke.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Vince already has $400M set aside for XFL, and has promised to do $500M. Right off the bat that would be double what the AAF had from Dundon. And Vince won't pull out because it is his own product.

Did Dundon think he wasn't going to lose a s**tload on this?

They should have just worked together, not separate.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

They should have just worked together, not separate.
They had two different goals. One league wants to be a minor league to the NFL and the other wants to compete against it.
They didn't bother to get an agreement with the NFLPA regarding practice squad guys? Odd move for something positioning itself as a feeder league.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Overkill:
They didn't bother to get an agreement with the NFLPA regarding practice squad guys? Odd move for something positioning itself as a feeder league.

If that was the goal they should have done it a long time ago, not at the last minute. I think that was a Dundon push more than anything.
If that was the goal they should have done it a long time ago, not at the last minute. I think that was a Dundon push more than anything.

I think that's Dundon spinning it as the NFLPA's fault more than anything, but I do think they were looking at the NFL as a partner. Teams in major cities without NFL franchises gives the NFL a chance to test markets for expansion, developing NFL players and coaches, etc.

Agree it should have been a long time ago. That's a good way to lose 70M.
Share 49ersWebzone