LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

🏈 XFL Football Thread 🏈

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I doubt any big name Freshmen, or True Sophomores will join the XFL, they can't pay what the NFL pays their players, a 3yr deal in the XFL is like max $645K I believe. In the NFL, a 1st rd pick, say Trevor Lawrence, could get as much as $25M over 4yrs all GTD.

All you are hearing about is players staying out of bowl games or at the end of the season to protect themselves from getting injuries before getting paid. Now they can come out play in the XFL for a few years and then jump to the NFL. Might not be for everyone but I bet a few would do it rather then playing for free in college.

While I can see some kids leaving, I doubt a high named player like Lawrence would leave, if he left for the XFL before the 2021 draft, he wouldn't get anywhere near the $25M he'll get as the #1 pick, he'd be considered a UDFA, and be subject to a 3yr minimum deal in the NFL. He'd be losing a lot of money, and a valuable education.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I doubt any big name Freshmen, or True Sophomores will join the XFL, they can't pay what the NFL pays their players, a 3yr deal in the XFL is like max $645K I believe. In the NFL, a 1st rd pick, say Trevor Lawrence, could get as much as $25M over 4yrs all GTD.

All you are hearing about is players staying out of bowl games or at the end of the season to protect themselves from getting injuries before getting paid. Now they can come out play in the XFL for a few years and then jump to the NFL. Might not be for everyone but I bet a few would do it rather then playing for free in college.

While I can see some kids leaving, I doubt a high named player like Lawrence would leave, if he left for the XFL before the 2021 draft, he wouldn't get anywhere near the $25M he'll get as the #1 pick, he'd be considered a UDFA, and be subject to a 3yr minimum deal in the NFL. He'd be losing a lot of money, and a valuable education.

I don't know about that. If someone like a Myles Garrett didn't play in college, you don't think he would be a top pick?
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/sn-exclusive-xfl-confirms-talks-with-colin-kaepernick/mvruvuo7qyz16md25rz4kjze

The XFL declined to divulge details of the Kaepernick contract talks. But sources said the former 49ers quarterback wanted at least $20 million to suit up for new spring football league. Mark Geragos, Kaepernick's attorney, did not return an email from SN seeking comment.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Can't be mad...I Love football! Gives us a chance to watch players we use to cheer for that can't make it to the NFL play again.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/sn-exclusive-xfl-confirms-talks-with-colin-kaepernick/mvruvuo7qyz16md25rz4kjze

This surprises me if true, I don't know how much of a hands on role Vince McMahon is playing in the new XFL, but considering his relationship with that muppet in the white house and said muppets anti-Kaep stance i would have thought that the XFL would keep their distance.

The XFL declined to divulge details of the Kaepernick contract talks. But sources said the former 49ers quarterback wanted at least $20 million to suit up for new spring football league. Mark Geragos, Kaepernick's attorney, did not return an email from SN seeking comment.

So basically the same stuff he tried with the AAF.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol, that fkn dude is worth nowhere near that. people would tune in to watch, for a bit anyway, until he exposes himself as the s**tty qb we all know he is.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol, that fkn dude is worth nowhere near that. people would tune in to watch, for a bit anyway, until he exposes himself as the s**tty qb we all know he is.

I doubt he would have a hard time in the xfl. He will just run all over those slower defenders.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

The XFL declined to divulge details of the Kaepernick contract talks. But sources said the former 49ers quarterback wanted at least $20 million to suit up for new spring football league. Mark Geragos, Kaepernick's attorney, did not return an email from SN seeking comment.

So basically the same stuff he tried with the AAF.

20 mill lol. He's such a loser. Hope he signs and throws picks all day. Then Torrey Smith can join him and not get the ball from Kap either lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

at first I thought I read Houston Rednecks
Originally posted by jrg:

They should do a San Diego team, I thought the AAF was smart to do that. Happy St. Louis has a team!
They need to put a team in SF since it has no pro team.
No one going to watch this crap
Share 49ersWebzone