There are 294 users in the forums

🏈 XFL Football Thread 🏈

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It means a lot .

It followed the exact same trajectory as the 2001 XFL , except it started at a much lower number .

2001 XFL went under and they AVERAGED 3.9 million per week. It only premature if you ignore the math

Except tv ratings across the board are far, far lower than they were in 2000. NBC's expectations were higher than what they signed up for this time around. All XFL has to do is hit Fox/ FS1/ ESPN's target range which I already laid out for you.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It means a lot .

It followed the exact same trajectory as the 2001 XFL , except it started at a much lower number .

2001 XFL went under and they AVERAGED 3.9 million per week. It only premature if you ignore the math

Except tv ratings across the board are far, far lower than they were in 2000. NBC's expectations were higher than what they signed up for this time around. All XFL has to do is hit Fox/ FS1/ ESPN's target range which I already laid out for you.

And the trajectory was the same as 2001 .... so chances are
It would have bottomed out week 9/10 like 2001 did .

fan attendance average was down 22% from 2001 .

The trajectory could even remain the same and it wouldn't matter since last time it was set up different. NBC co invested a truck load of $ into it and when it failed it pulled the plug.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 15, 2020 at 7:22 AM ]

The trajectory could even remain the same and it wouldn't matter since last time it was set up different. NBC co invested a truck load of $ into it and when it failed it pulled the plug.

I wonder why Vince pulled the plug on his $500 million To keep it afloat ? Same thing , it was failing .
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jeez. Calm down Captain Buzzkill.

The league is no more because of COVID-19. If this virus never happened, we'd still be watching the same games.

You must be fun at parties.
Originally posted by jrg:
Jeez. Calm down Captain Buzzkill.

The league is no more because of COVID-19. If this virus never happened, we'd still be watching the same games.

You must be fun at parties.

Don't be a snowflake . It's the internet

And RIP XFL (2020-2020)
I wonder why Vince pulled the plug on his $500 million To keep it afloat ? Same thing , it was failing .

You mean this time around faced at the prospect of mandatory zero attendance games or last time around when he had no tv deal?

You mean this time around faced at the prospect of mandatory zero attendance games or last time around when he had no tv deal?

I have a more than a hand full of business w a business partner . The deal was we would open more (take
on more debt ) with his gentleman handshake that he had x amount of $ to keep All of them afloat if something were to happen like this .

And he is doing it while we are closed . His reputation is solid and I'm pretty sure we will easily get more interest for future partnerships to expand after they see the books .

Vince's reputation now
  • jrg
  • Veteran

And RIP XFL (2020-2020)

Again, calm down Captain Buzzkil.

You seem to get off witnessing seeing a striving league struggle.

Its f**king weird, Captain Buzzkil.

And RIP XFL (2020-2020)

Do you want a hug Frosty ?

Weird that numbers hurt and get you so Emotional .

Maybe this will bring some tickles back .

FYI I would play XFL in the background to help ratings , but everytime I looked up it was less than MAC football .

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
WWE had to layoff/furlough a bunch of people, which again is evidence that Vince pulled the plug on XFL primarily because he couldn't keep that cash in reserve to fund it anymore.
Ummm the XFL was doing well before this virus. What are you talking about buzz....
  • jrg
  • Veteran

And RIP XFL (2020-2020)

Do you want a hug Frosty ?

Weird that numbers hurt and get you so Emotional .

Maybe this will bring some tickles back .

FYI I would play XFL in the background to help ratings , but everytime I looked up it was less than MAC football .

Nobody is emotional. Just don't get why you get off on a league struggling. It's weird bro. Get some help.
Originally posted by Janitor:
WWE had to layoff/furlough a bunch of people, which again is evidence that Vince pulled the plug on XFL primarily because he couldn't keep that cash in reserve to fund it anymore.

WWE will be fine because of their lucrative tv deals but They're projected to lose 200 million dollars in revenue. Shocking that Vince isn't tossing away hundreds of millions more playing empty stadium minor league football games.
Originally posted by Janitor:

"Additionally, the Company has substantial financial resources, both available cash and debt capacity, which currently total approximately $0.5bn, to manage the challenges ahead. Management continues to believe the fundamentals of the Company's business remain strong and that WWE is well positioned to take full advantage of the changing media landscape and increasing value of live sports rights over the longer term"

It would then appear that WWE made these cuts not because of coronavirus but to simply maintain a profit margin. Journalist and WWE financial expert Brandon Thurston reported that despite the loss of revenue it is predicted that WWE would still make a record-setting profit in 2020, thanks to television deals. On Wrestlenomics, Thurston writes:

Ultimately, I concluded that if WWE doesn't run live events at any point for the rest of the year, WWE's revenue would be impacted by as much as $21m and operating income would be impacted by $42m. In such a scenario, I estimated WWE would still report record-setting profits in 2020, with an operating income of $121m and total revenue of $927 m – largely supported by continued TV rights fees, which I don't believe are at risk."
Share 49ersWebzone