LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

🏈 XFL Football Thread 🏈

• Jcool
  • Veteran

dude isn't looking in the best of shape so with his cocaine,''YAHHHHH LET'S F'N DO IT YAHHHHHH SNORT.'' attitude, it's no surprise he's all in.

Plus his daughter is now in charge of the wrasslin and Disney has put millions on the table to buy it from her....so.... seems logical. in his world...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Fantasy XFL team. You know you got a problem.

f**k you, I'll gamble on the games. You have a problem
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Fantasy XFL team. You know you got a problem.

f**k you, I'll gamble on the games. You have a problem

LMAO.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Wheennn ,boi?!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Big hire.

[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 8, 2019 at 1:33 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Game changer?

That's really stupid if that happens.

I doubt any big name Freshmen, or True Sophomores will join the XFL, they can't pay what the NFL pays their players, a 3yr deal in the XFL is like max $645K I believe. In the NFL, a 1st rd pick, say Trevor Lawrence, could get as much as $25M over 4yrs all GTD.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I doubt any big name Freshmen, or True Sophomores will join the XFL, they can't pay what the NFL pays their players, a 3yr deal in the XFL is like max $645K I believe. In the NFL, a 1st rd pick, say Trevor Lawrence, could get as much as $25M over 4yrs all GTD.

What about the guys who know they aren't going to make day 1 of the draft? Or day 2? Obviously the XFL isn't going toe to toe with the NFL for recruits but maybe recruiting early will offer another option to some players.

I doubt either new league will work but I like to see some new ideas on the board.
Originally posted by English:

What about the guys who know they aren't going to make day 1 of the draft? Or day 2? Obviously the XFL isn't going toe to toe with the NFL for recruits but maybe recruiting early will offer another option to some players.

I doubt either new league will work but I like to see some new ideas on the board.

Exactly. Guys who know that they have a very small chance of playing in the NFL, will surely jump at the opportunity to get payed that much. XFL also needs to be smart who they target and to not try and emulate the NFL. They need to go after the undersized QBs who can also run, the really fast RBs/WRs who are also undersized, same with defensive players. They won't be able to draft the 6'3 220 lb WR who runs a 4.4.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by English:

Exactly. Guys who know that they have a very small chance of playing in the NFL, will surely jump at the opportunity to get payed that much. XFL also needs to be smart who they target and to not try and emulate the NFL. They need to go after the undersized QBs who can also run, the really fast RBs/WRs who are also undersized, same with defensive players. They won't be able to draft the 6'3 220 lb WR who runs a 4.4.

I agree with both of you on guys who know they wont be 1st-3rd rd picks.

I have high hopes for both the AAF and XFL, I like the AAF so far, a nice alternative and more football once the SB is over, plus it could finally lead to a real minor league system for the NFL if they get more involved, having Bill Polian as a co-founder is huge IMO.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

All you are hearing about is players staying out of bowl games or at the end of the season to protect themselves from getting injuries before getting paid. Now they can come out play in the XFL for a few years and then jump to the NFL. Might not be for everyone but I bet a few would do it rather then playing for free in college.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 14, 2019 at 5:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone