LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

2017 NBA Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
GOAT off-season in professional sports.

I am not sure if it always is, but it sure was this year.
OKC looking like a real threat but they're still behind GS but they're on par with the spurs IMO.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
OKC looking like a real threat but they're still behind GS but they're on par with the spurs IMO.

I think they've passed the Spurs.

1. Warriors
2. Cavaliers
3. Thunder
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I think they've passed the Spurs.

1. Warriors
2. Cavaliers
3. Thunder
Lets see if they can make it work...that team was not designed with chemistry in mind.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I agree with James...and usually great players figure out how to play together. OKC had no shooting last season and now they got 2 great shooters who can also create their own shots. Alex Abrines will be better too and they've solid young perimeter defenders in Roberson and Grant.

Chemistry thing is a bit overplayed here imho. Westbrook needs shooters around him and both Melo and PG are exceptional catch and shoot guys. They can take over when Westbrook goes for bench. Yes, they'll fight for shots but when Westbrook had Durant and Harden - they were favorites to win the title against Miami.

...and ppl think Melo is dumb and will chuck shots. He was playing in NY - he had to chuck shots. When he was in Denver - his teams always overachieved.

For me, their biggest weakness is no backup Center and a good backup point guard. I'm hopeful they'll acquire someone at ththe deadline.

There are gonna be so many great games this season. Excited for this season to start.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 30, 2017 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Stacked! I don't wanna hear no BS excuses if they don't get it done lol
Well they'll probably lose in the Finals. Warriors/Cavs IV may end up being the best Finals out of the four.

Where's sorry ass Shumpert? FA?
Just wondering what people here think about Stan van Gundy's to idea to eliminate tanking and help create parity in the league by going further than the new measures the league has put forward for the NBA 2019 draft and onward. His idea is to do away with the draft and let the rookies be free agents. Sign wherever but it has to be done under the cap.

Good idea or bad?

I think it would certainly make things interesting to let the rookies pick where they want to play. Lonzo would likely have still picked the Lakers, but someone like Andrew Wiggins might have preferred to go to the Raptors over Cleveland/Minnesota.

It could also stop teams tanking since everyone under the cap would be on equal footing for the best rookies. Unless of course they salary dump their best players (if that's still possible without the draft) and tank in that manner to get a top prospect or two, and use free agency.
Originally posted by DickWedgie:

Well they'll probably lose in the Finals. Warriors/Cavs IV may end up being the best Finals out of the four.

Still there just behind those 10 players.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DickWedgie:

Still there just behind those 10 players.

That team would have smashed the Warriors...7 years ago....
Elfrid finally cut that horrid slop on his head

2017-18 NBA All-Rookie First Team
Donovan Mitchell
Ben Simmons
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Kuzma
Lauri Markkanen

2017-18 NBA All-Rookie Second Team
Dennis Smith Jr.
Lonzo Ball
John Collins
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Josh Jackson
  • Jiks
Donovan Mitchell
Ben Simmons
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Kuzma
Lauri Markkanen

Dennis Smith Jr.
Lonzo Ball
John Collins
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Josh Jackson

Minus Lonzo that's a pretty stacked rookie team.

2nd Team: 76ers center Joel Embiid, Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, Boston Celtics forward/center Al Horford, San Antonio Spurs guard Dejounte Murray and Minnesota Timberwolves guard/forward Jimmy Butler
Donovan Mitchell
Ben Simmons
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Kuzma
Lauri Markkanen

Dennis Smith Jr.
Lonzo Ball
John Collins
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Josh Jackson

Dude was killing it down the stretch. He went from looking like a hopeless, non-functional bust the first couple of months of the season to looking like a future All Star over the last few months.
Share 49ersWebzone