LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

2016-2017 NBA FINALS: Cavs v. Warriors

Originally posted by defenderDX:
too many mistakes. i'd say Lebron's biggest issue these finals were the turnovers.

His biggest issue is that he got exposed on the defensive end. He could hide in the Eastern Conference playoffs, but he couldn't stay in front of anyone this series. When he did stay in front of KD, he wasn't close enough (because he knew he would get blown by off the dribble) to close out hard given KD's length and just got faced repeatedly. It wasn't just KD, though. Jackson and Van Gundy called him out in Game 5 for dogging it on some of those possessions where AI parted the lane like the Red Sea.

During the two biggest runs of the series, the 11-0 run to close Game 3 and the monster second quarter run to swing the game in Game 5, LBJ couldn't make a single offensive or defensive play to slow the momentum. I don't care how much more talent the other team has. Just make one play on either end.
[ Edited by TheBlueHell on Jun 14, 2017 at 6:43 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
delusional is blaming everyone else lol

their only win is when they actually played like a team.. yup delusional

too many mistakes. i'd say Lebron's biggest issue these finals were the turnovers.

Good point, he had TWICE as many turnovers in game one than the entire Warriors team.
that was on a record low in turnovers for a finals game tho
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
delusional is blaming everyone else lol

their only win is when they actually played like a team.. yup delusional

Good point, he had TWICE as many turnovers in game one than the entire Warriors team.
that was on a record low in turnovers for a finals game tho

He didn't get back on D enough. So many times I saw him throwing up his hands in his own paint while Warriors were on the other end making easy transition buckets.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
His biggest issue is that he got exposed on the defensive end. He could hide in the Eastern Conference playoffs, but he couldn't stay in front of anyone this series. When he did stay in front of KD, he wasn't close enough (because he knew he would get blown by off the dribble) to close out hard given KD's length and just got faced repeatedly. It wasn't just KD, though. Jackson and Van Gundy called him out in Game 5 for dogging it on some of those possessions where AI parted the lane like the Red Sea.

During the two biggest runs of the series, the 11-0 run to close Game 3 and the monster second quarter run to swing the game in Game 5, LBJ couldn't make a single offensive or defensive play to slow the momentum. I don't care how much more talent the other team has. Just make one play on either end.

I don't understand while he just watched in that 2nd or 3rd quarter of game 5. on a fast break he did nothing. but finally contested in the 4th. don't understand his mindset there

It wasn't that he got beat at times, every player does sometimes. Talent is just too good. My issue with LBJ and defense is that it seemed like he did not even try WAY too many times. How many times was he right there, and he did not even try to stop the ball ... did not even try to challenge. Itwas bad enough, and frequent enough that I think it is fair to say it cost them at least a game or two. My feeling is that his age is showing on the defensive end these days. Check out these clips.

Wow, didn't even challenge both times. Maybe didn't wanna foul? But LBJ still should've made an attempt to stop them. Oh well, no complaints from GSW fans since the lack of effort lead to an easy score.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It wasn't that he got beat at times, every player does sometimes. Talent is just too good. My issue with LBJ and defense is that it seemed like he did not even try WAY too many times. How many times was he right there, and he did not even try to stop the ball ... did not even try to challenge. Itwas bad enough, and frequent enough that I think it is fair to say it cost them at least a game or two. My feeling is that his age is showing on the defensive end these days. Check out these clips.

that's exactly what I was referring to. Like wtf was the reason there? both in the 2nd quarter. didn't matter who had the lead.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Wow, didn't even challenge both times. Maybe didn't wanna foul? But LBJ still should've made an attempt to stop them. Oh well, no complaints from GSW fans since the lack of effort lead to an easy score.

HAND DOWN, MAN DOWN!

(He could at least have stepped up and put his arms straight up)

that's exactly what I was referring to. Like wtf was the reason there? both in the 2nd quarter. didn't matter who had the lead.
He doesn't want to get posterized

it's always me first with that guy

just like that pass out to a wide open Korver. so selfish.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
It wasn't just bron though.. we all knew that cavs defense wasn't the greatest.. watch that 4th qtr again and see how many lapses there were.. inexcuseable in a closeout game
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Jun 15, 2017 at 12:24 PM ]

just like that pass out to a wide open Korver. so selfish.

He really was just too tired I think. Cavs used him too much in the regular season. Then he literally couldn't sit in the Finals because his team would go down 10 in like 1 minute. He will rest more next season and have a little more gas in the tank for the Finals.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Anyone who watches any basketball knows - when you have to exert more energy on offense...your defense suffers.

Durant wasn't an elite defender in OKC - but he is with Warriors. Even Kawhi didn't have his best year defensively now that he's asked to take a bigger load on offense.
Share 49ersWebzone