There are 157 users in the forums

2016-2017 NBA FINALS: Cavs v. Warriors

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Cavs bench can't get any rhythm going with coach Lebron never taking himself out.
Lue has no idea what he is doing
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Cavs bench can't get any rhythm going with coach Lebron never taking himself out.

because when LeBron does come out the Warriors go on like a 11-0 run lol
I really hope it's not Cavs vs Warriors again next year.

I hoping for a Warriors vs Boston or something.

Everyone likes a trilogy but you outstay your welcome after that.
[ Edited by smithgdwg on Jun 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Boston with Hayward and potentially PG would be intense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

So maybe Spurs vs. Cavs for a change huh?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
In games 3 and 4 if they had the hockey stat of assist. LBJ could have gotten that 16-17 assists because of the extra pass. Thats what i mean by getting the team more involved and getting a good rhythm which helps the whole team. What you just described about Smith/Korver is pretty much the same as the Dubs. Dubs are all jump shooters till Durant came a long. But they still distribute the ball a lot which gets everyone into a rhythm

There are times where there are mins where ball doesn't get passed around for someone else to shoot because LBJ is trying to get back in it. mostly towards the end. Why stop the change. he should just keep it going till the last shot ?

LBJ needs to make his team better early in the game, not late in the game

I think the first 8 or so shots of game 3 went to the others. LeBron stood at the top of the key waiting for his "others" to come off a screen, making a conscious effort to get those guys going. JR Smith had a few, Love had a couple and TT had 1. LeBron tries to get his teammates involved. In fact, it's the reason why people feel more comfortable comparing him to Magic rather than MJ because he is always looking for the open man...always. Of course he will get his attempts as well because he can score at an elite level but LeBron loves attacking the paint and kicking it out for an open 3. He knows how deadly and demoralizing those can be and he has done it his entire career. He was surrounded with knock down shooters for that specific reason. He got to the paint and was able to draw defenders in in order to kick it out to the one guy on the team you want to have it in that short corner but the ball simply didn't go in. He did the same things in the 4th QTR of game 4 but instead got 3 assists off of 3 made 3s. It's a make or miss league and Korver just happened to miss at that particular time. Nobody gets faulted in that situation. The right basketball play was made, the right player to take the wide open look was in position to do. Can't possible ask for a better scenario other than the ball going in of course
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
In games 3 and 4 if they had the hockey stat of assist. LBJ could have gotten that 16-17 assists because of the extra pass. Thats what i mean by getting the team more involved and getting a good rhythm which helps the whole team. What you just described about Smith/Korver is pretty much the same as the Dubs. Dubs are all jump shooters till Durant came a long. But they still distribute the ball a lot which gets everyone into a rhythm

There are times where there are mins where ball doesn't get passed around for someone else to shoot because LBJ is trying to get back in it. mostly towards the end. Why stop the change. he should just keep it going till the last shot ?

I think the first 8 or so shots of game 3 went to the others. LeBron stood at the top of the key waiting for his "others" to come off a screen, making a conscious effort to get those guys going. JR Smith had a few, Love had a couple and TT had 1. LeBron tries to get his teammates involved. In fact, it's the reason why people feel more comfortable comparing him to Magic rather than MJ because he is always looking for the open man...always. Of course he will get his attempts as well because he can score at an elite level but LeBron loves attacking the paint and kicking it out for an open 3. He knows how deadly and demoralizing those can be and he has done it his entire career. He was surrounded with knock down shooters for that specific reason. He got to the paint and was able to draw defenders in in order to kick it out to the one guy on the team you want to have it in that short corner but the ball simply didn't go in. He did the same things in the 4th QTR of game 4 but instead got 3 assists off of 3 made 3s. It's a make or miss league and Korver just happened to miss at that particular time. Nobody gets faulted in that situation. The right basketball play was made, the right player to take the wide open look was in position to do. Can't possible ask for a better scenario other than the ball going in of course
if you can live with no one at fault, i could also

You also have to consider the Warriors strategy influencing Lebrons decisions. Warriors defended him with different matchups throughout the game, forced Lebron to expend a ton of energy guarding Durant, stayed home on shooters to reduce the number of open 3s for the supporting cast, and pushed the pace to tire out Lebron.

During game 3 Kerr was telling the Warrirors that Lebron/Cavs will eventually get tired and to stay the course.

Its actually a tribute to Lebron that you expect him to be able to counter the opposing teams strategy whenever he wants by doing whatever his team needs at that exact moment in the game. The truth is, his margin of error was reduced to a tiny window where he had to play the perfect game for the entire 48 minutes without getting tired.
Originally posted by Arminini:

You also have to consider the Warriors strategy influencing Lebrons decisions. Warriors defended him with different matchups throughout the game, forced Lebron to expend a ton of energy guarding Durant, stayed home on shooters to reduce the number of open 3s for the supporting cast, and pushed the pace to tire out Lebron.

During game 3 Kerr was telling the Warrirors that Lebron/Cavs will eventually get tired and to stay the course.

Its actually a tribute to Lebron that you expect him to be able to counter the opposing teams strategy whenever he wants by doing whatever his team needs at that exact moment in the game. The truth is, his margin of error was reduced to a tiny window where he had to play the perfect game for the entire 48 minutes without getting tired.
Tired, ok i could roll with that.

idk if it's warriors strategy but thats just their style of offense. They are also running too
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

if you can live with no one at fault, i could also

Originally posted by defenderDX:
LeBron passed it out to Korver for an open 3. He missed. all of you were s**tting on LeBron afterwards calling him "scared" and that it should've been in hands at the end of the game.

So which one is it?
you need to step back and look at what i'm saying.

1. Blaming the other player for missing while not being more involved in the offense is truly not his fault.
2. After playing Me ball all game, then depend on a guy who doesn't have any offensive rhythm shoot the shot. deserves the end result in a brick.
3. Why stop playing Me ball at the worst time, just shoot the damn shot !

I never blamed him. I just had to use Korver as an example. And it doesn't matter? From an x's and o's standpoint it was the right play. You can't pass up wide open shots. However, there is a legitimate reason for putting blame on Kyrie. He could've taken a lot less riskier shot attempt to put the Cavs up by 1. Instead he wanted to be the hero like he was last year. Didn't work out. That right there has nothing to do with LeBron.
hey they def play a lot better when they start getting near 30 assist a game

kyrie doesn't pass, lebron averages 9-10 assists a game. and when he's off the floor the warriors go on a run. lebron's not the problem like your delusional mind thinks he is, sorry. the warriors were just too much for the Cavs even with LeBron averaging a triple double. warriors are just that good.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jun 14, 2017 at 2:34 PM ]
LeBron passed it out to Korver for an open 3. He missed. all of you were s**tting on LeBron afterwards calling him "scared" and that it should've been in hands at the end of the game.

So which one is it?
you need to step back and look at what i'm saying.

1. Blaming the other player for missing while not being more involved in the offense is truly not his fault.
2. After playing Me ball all game, then depend on a guy who doesn't have any offensive rhythm shoot the shot. deserves the end result in a brick.
3. Why stop playing Me ball at the worst time, just shoot the damn shot !

I never blamed him. I just had to use Korver as an example. And it doesn't matter? From an x's and o's standpoint it was the right play. You can't pass up wide open shots. However, there is a legitimate reason for putting blame on Kyrie. He could've taken a lot less riskier shot attempt to put the Cavs up by 1. Instead he wanted to be the hero like he was last year. Didn't work out. That right there has nothing to do with LeBron.
hey they def play a lot better when they start getting near 30 assist a game

kyrie doesn't pass, lebron averages 9-10 assists a game. and when he's off the floor the warriors go on a run. lebron's not the problem like your delusional mind thinks he is, sorry. the warriors were just too much for the Cavs even with LeBron averaging a triple double. warriors are just that good.
delusional is blaming everyone else lol

their only win is when they actually played like a team.. yup delusional

too many mistakes. i'd say Lebron's biggest issue these finals were the turnovers.
Originally posted by Arminini:

Tired, ok i could roll with that.

idk if it's warriors strategy but thats just their style of offense. They are also running too

A more obvious example was Westbrook against the Rockets. He looked great in 1st quarter, terrible in the 4th.

too many mistakes. i'd say Lebron's biggest issue these finals were the turnovers.

Good point, he had TWICE as many turnovers in game one than the entire Warriors team.
Share 49ersWebzone