LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

***NBA PLAYOFFS 2016-2017 Thread***

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warriors are that new team that I just want to see lose primarily because of Draymond. I don't know why but they are that team for me these days. Used to be the Lakers.

If I was a Spurs fan, I would hate the Warriors too. It must get tiresome reading how Warrior fans and basically any legit NBA fan/analyst correctly discredits their boy Kawhi's DPOY awardS by saying they should have been Draymond's.

How many analysts say Kawhi didn't deserve last two DPOY award?

Not sure there are many. There will be this year though if Draymond doesnt win it

I agree. Draymond wins it easily this season. Don't think anyone but Kawhi deserved to win last two years.

...and I never heard any analyst discredit Kawhi's two DPOY awards. That was news to me - though I admit I don't watch shows like PTI, First Take, Undisputed etc - which I found to be catered for casual fans.

Any analyst who placed value in DefRtg on the court versus off the court had a huge problem with Kawhi's DPOY award last year. The Warriors net rating was 12 points lower when Draymond was on the court versus when he was off. The Spurs net rating was 4.6 points lower with Kawhi on the court than without. That stat basically showed how much more valuable Draymond was defensively than Kawhi.

As far as Kawhi's first award goes, a lot of analysts had a problem with the fact that Kawhi missed nearly 25% of his team's games. Not that he wasnt having a DPOY type year. But they didnt agree with someone who missed such a large amount of games should be given the award.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warriors are that new team that I just want to see lose primarily because of Draymond. I don't know why but they are that team for me these days. Used to be the Lakers.

If I was a Spurs fan, I would hate the Warriors too. It must get tiresome reading how Warrior fans and basically any legit NBA fan/analyst correctly discredits their boy Kawhi's DPOY awardS by saying they should have been Draymond's.

How many analysts say Kawhi didn't deserve last two DPOY award?

Not sure there are many. There will be this year though if Draymond doesnt win it

I agree. Draymond wins it easily this season. Don't think anyone but Kawhi deserved to win last two years.

...and I never heard any analyst discredit Kawhi's two DPOY awards. That was news to me - though I admit I don't watch shows like PTI, First Take, Undisputed etc - which I found to be catered for casual fans.

Any analyst who placed value in DefRtg on the court versus off the court had a huge problem with Kawhi's DPOY award last year. The Warriors net rating was 12 points lower when Draymond was on the court versus when he was off. The Spurs net rating was 4.6 points lower with Kawhi on the court than without. That stat basically showed how much more valuable Draymond was defensively than Kawhi.

As far as Kawhi's first award goes, a lot of analysts had a problem with the fact that Kawhi missed nearly 25% of his team's games. Not that he wasnt having a DPOY type year. But they didnt agree with someone who missed such a large amount of games should be given the award.

Which analysts? Can you provide some names?
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 19, 2017 at 3:26 PM ]
Okc bout to trick off this game lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Westbrook is pure entertainment. Easy to root for him this season.

Harden is so smart drawing fouls.

Great game.
Damn they fell apart there at the end
He ain't about that clutch life
Westbrook had open shots at the end. Needed to hit those.
I think Westbrook is the MVP, but unfortunately tonight it's the somewhat-frequent WestBrick mode when it counts most. And Harden with his tedious, boring game of flailing his head back acting like he got shot by a sniper.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Westbrook had open shots at the end. Needed to hit those.

Yea...needed to hit those.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Portland is

Portland is

Eh

Any team looks like trash when your star players don't hit
Portland is

Terrible game for them tonight. Part of the credit goes to the Warriors defense but the Blazers didnt play well at all.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Portland is

Terrible game for them tonight. Part of the credit goes to the Warriors defense but the Blazers didnt play well at all.

Warriors definitely get some credit. But, Portland just doesn't have enough talent. Yes, their payroll is huge but that's because they've grossly over-paid average players.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Portland is

Eh

Yea but they couldn't handle Warriors last year without Curry and today they can't even stay in the game with Kerr basically deciding to rest Durant.

They're turrible!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Portland is

Eh

Yea but they couldn't handle Warriors last year without Curry and today they can't even stay in the game with Kerr basically deciding to rest Durant.

They're turrible!

Come on man. They had the 2nd best record in the NBA after March 1. It was something like 17-5. Not terrible at all. They are missing their big man.
Share 49ersWebzone