There are 140 users in the forums

College Football Thread

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by evil:
Michigan VS TCU
Georgia VS Ohio State

Boo this committee for not giving us the rematch.

So, TCU loses during Championship Weekend and doesn't drop a spot? Ohio State doesn't play at all after getting blown out by Michigan a week earlier and jumps a spot?

BOO!

This was the rankings coming into the weekend :

3 TCU
4 USC
5 OSU
6 Bama

Does a one loss USC or a two loss Bama have a better case/resume than a one loss OSU for the 4th playoff spot?

OSU lost to #2
USC lost to #11
TCU lost to #10
Bama lost to #7 & #14

3 TCU
4 USC
5 OSU
6 Bama

Does a one loss USC or a two loss Bama have a better case/resume than a one loss OSU for the 4th playoff spot?

OSU lost to #2
USC lost to #11
TCU lost to #10
Bama lost to #7 & #14

OSU got blown out by 2. Bama lost 2 close games. I just don't think Bama has any good wins this year. When a 1 point win over Texas is the best win on the schedule there's no way you can justify them as the 1st 2 loss to make the playoffs.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 5, 2022 at 4:29 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

3 TCU
4 USC
5 OSU
6 Bama

OSU lost to #2
USC lost to #11
TCU lost to #10
Bama lost to #7 & #14

OSU got blown out by 2. Bama lost 2 close games. I just don't think Bama has any good wins this year. When a 1 point win over Texas is the best win on the schedule there's no way you can justify them as the 1st 2 loss to make the playoffs.

To be fair, Michigan/OSU wasn't a blowout until midway thru the 4Q
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

3 TCU
4 USC
5 OSU
6 Bama

OSU lost to #2
USC lost to #11
TCU lost to #10
Bama lost to #7 & #14

To be real fair OSU didn't lose to #2 they lost to #3. lol
Michigan VS TCU
Georgia VS Ohio State

They literally just played 2 weeks ago. Nobody wants to see that. If they really are the 2 best teams they will play in the championship.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

3 TCU
4 USC
5 OSU
6 Bama

OSU lost to #2
USC lost to #11
TCU lost to #10
Bama lost to #7 & #14

To be real fair OSU didn't lose to #2 they lost to #3. lol

This man is factually correct
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Michigan VS TCU
Georgia VS Ohio State

They literally just played 2 weeks ago. Nobody wants to see that. If they really are the 2 best teams they will play in the championship.

If that's the NCG game, people will b***h like they have when it was Georgia VS Bama. Semifinals seem like a better time for rivalries than the NCG for the bulk of fans.

But ultimately yes, if they are the two best teams then they will play in the NCG.
nice
I really hope Mike Leach can pull through. His quirkiness has always been fun to listen to and he's a helluva good coach.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
I really hope Mike Leach can pull through. His quirkiness has always been fun to listen to and he's a helluva good coach.

Sadly no. RIP.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Sadly no. RIP.

Yeah RIP Coach
RIP

Should have taken an NFL job when he had the chance.

https://abc7chicago.com/northwestern-football-hazing-pat-fitzgerald-news-fired-university/13484596/
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Should have taken an NFL job when he had the chance.

https://abc7chicago.com/northwestern-football-hazing-pat-fitzgerald-news-fired-university/13484596/

Props to the student journalists who reported on this story.
This almost needs it's own thread, but can someone explain to me, what is going on with the Pac 12?

They have to redo media rights, and there is simply no way they want to talk media rights, with no USC, UCLA, etc. No one is paying money for that kind of Pac 12. Not sure how they would work, but if I was Pac 12 commish, I would work with CA officials to get some injunction where those SoCal schools can't join the Big Ten, or any other conference that doesn't start with Pac.
Share 49ersWebzone