LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

College Football Thread

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
ND gets embarrassed every year sadly.

Must we talk about the elephant in the room? It hurts.

I am so over Brian Kelly, good coach but never gonna win another NCG with him leading.

Evil, if he does not do it this year, they are going to go get....

The man.

Urban Meyer.
Gary Anderson from Utah State just got fired. What a super weird career. Gary Anderson built up Utah State so well he got hired by Wisconsin. He then quit Wisconsin saying he had no admin support, and later saying a huge problem he had with Wisconsin was they had very high academic requirements causing him to lose out on recruits he wanted. He goes to Oregon State and quits mid-year in one of the most unusual ways. Goes back home to Utah State and he's done. From Group 5 coach darling to scrub.

Speculation on replacements:
-USC OC Graham Harrell - I think Harrell would need his head examined to take the Utah State job, unless he has an extreme desire to take any HC job he can get. Better to wait for better opportunity.
-Rich Rodriguez - ol' Rich Rod was once the most sought after coach, and then burned Michigan to the ground and was mediocre at Arizona. I think he would be a good fit though
-Montana HC Jeff Choate - FCS football coaches are extremely underrated. See Kansas State's success in mining FCS. He makes a lot of geographical sense
-Sac St HC Troy Taylor - Another FCS Big Sky candidate who coached at Utah State previously, was a top Sacramento highschool coach and in 1 year made Sac St a great football team
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Gary Anderson from Utah State just got fired. What a super weird career. Gary Anderson built up Utah State so well he got hired by Wisconsin. He then quit Wisconsin saying he had no admin support, and later saying a huge problem he had with Wisconsin was they had very high academic requirements causing him to lose out on recruits he wanted. He goes to Oregon State and quits mid-year in one of the most unusual ways. Goes back home to Utah State and he's done. From Group 5 coach darling to scrub.

-USC OC Graham Harrell - I think Harrell would need his head examined to take the Utah State job, unless he has an extreme desire to take any HC job he can get. Better to wait for better opportunity.
-Rich Rodriguez - ol' Rich Rod was once the most sought after coach, and then burned Michigan to the ground and was mediocre at Arizona. I think he would be a good fit though
-Montana HC Jeff Choate - FCS football coaches are extremely underrated. See Kansas State's success in mining FCS. He makes a lot of geographical sense
-Sac St HC Troy Taylor - Another FCS Big Sky candidate who coached at Utah State previously, was a top Sacramento highschool coach and in 1 year made Sac St a great football team

Personally, it think they need to try and raid Arizona States coaching staff.... The only other superior option would be to poach Helton from USC.
Originally posted by Geeked:

Personally, it think they need to try and raid Arizona States coaching staff.... The only other superior option would be to poach Helton from USC.

I am looking forward to this weekend's game between Utah State and Fresno State. I think the Bulldogs can win this one, although Utah State is bound to be a little fired up by the coaching change at the top.

Jacob Haener has looked impressive at times as the starting QB for Fresno State. He's got wheels and can get out of trouble in a hurry.

Ronny Rivers looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick in next year's NFL draft. He's got the two intangibles for a very good RB: speed to outrun other defenders and power to knock them over.

I'm not convinced that the Bulldogs have what it takes to knock off Boise State. Hawaii handled them fairly easily in the home opener.
  • zero
  • Veteran
LSU vs Bama Canceled Thank God....

Signed,
Your Humble LSU Alum
Originally posted by zero:
LSU vs Bama Canceled Thank God....

Signed,
Your Humble LSU Alum

What a difference a year makes
I went to the game last year ( the game of the century it was called )
Now it's a mismatch and won't be played because of some crazy virus........smh
Watching Bowling Green / Kent state..( hey, I love football ). The scroll at the bottom of the screen is Rona crazy

Choate is the head coach of Montana State. Bobby Hauck is the coach of Montana
Iowa C Linderbaum looking great right now opening holes and moving extremely well in space. Liking him for Shanahan's scheme - he's a Sophomore so we'll see if he declares.
Stanford looks really bad this year. They're getting flat out embarrassed by Colorado.

Do we have any Cardinal alum in this here group?
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 14, 2020 at 3:33 PM ]

• Jiks
This is so f**king weird watching Utah's first game less than a week before Thanksgiving.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:
This is so f**king weird watching Utah's first game less than a week before Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry you had to have to watch your first game with Helton s**tting up the view....
Originally posted by Jiks:

How's college doing bowls and s**t this year? Teams that started on time like Bama going to sit and wait months to let these teams catch up? Then play bowls?
  • zero
  • Veteran
So when do we cancel the season?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zero:
So when do we cancel the season?

Not soon enough. It's been a disaster. Utah has their first two games suspended due to COVID; SC has their next game suspended because... they got COVID... Coincidence????
Share 49ersWebzone