There are 193 users in the forums

College Football Thread

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by fropwns:
y'all are making a terrible mistake. But, I wish you well.

Your Hogs will be playing earlier than Big10

NFL is playing.

PAC12 and Big10 testing will be superior to NFL testing.

Are they also doing daily tests, especially the ones that you get the results fast? Because those are very expensive. Colorado State is already trying to do some shady stuff with how they are reporting their cases from what I heard today on the radio.

There is no way that NCAA will do better testing than the NFL. You are talking about 32 professional teams, compared to how many football teams in the NCAA? And unless the NCAA is giving money to those schools to buy those tests, it's not gonna be nearly as good and as transparent as the NFLs.

Did you research it at all?

P12 and B10 signed a deal with Quidel

Quidel has a test that gives results in 15 minutes, can be done daily, and is 98% accurate

NFL doesn't have a deal with Quidel last I checked.

The Quidel test is an absolute game changer and best test on the market.

Edit:
Also I didn't say NCAA. I said P12/B10, they signed separate deals for testing than the rest of the NCAA.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 17, 2020 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
y'all are making a terrible mistake. But, I wish you well.

Your Hogs will be playing earlier than Big10

NFL is playing.

PAC12 and Big10 testing will be superior to NFL testing.

Are they also doing daily tests, especially the ones that you get the results fast? Because those are very expensive. Colorado State is already trying to do some shady stuff with how they are reporting their cases from what I heard today on the radio.

There is no way that NCAA will do better testing than the NFL. You are talking about 32 professional teams, compared to how many football teams in the NCAA? And unless the NCAA is giving money to those schools to buy those tests, it's not gonna be nearly as good and as transparent as the NFLs.

Did you research it at all?

P12 and B10 signed a deal with Quidel

Quidel has a test that gives results in 15 minutes, can be done daily, and is 98% accurate

NFL doesn't have a deal with Quidel last I checked.

The Quidel test is an absolute game changer and best test on the market.

Edit:
Also I didn't say NCAA. I said P12/B10, they signed separate deals for testing than the rest of the NCAA.

lol @ reading. thats for loosers
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
https://www.chronicle.com/article/a-scene-out-of-gladiator-big-ten-football-players-get-daily-coronavirus-tests-but-other-students-dont
https://www.chronicle.com/article/a-scene-out-of-gladiator-big-ten-football-players-get-daily-coronavirus-tests-but-other-students-dont

behind a pay wall

But I've always thought it was more dumb to bring everyone on campus than play football.

Almost all classes can temporarily go online. No need, except for a few students, to be on campus.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

behind a pay wall

But I've always thought it was more dumb to bring everyone on campus than play football.

Almost all classes can temporarily go online. No need, except for a few students, to be on campus.

Actually, you should be able to create an account for free and see most of it. Yeah, trust me, as a faculty member I can assure you folks are frustrated by the entirety of the situation. Students, faculty, staff, my dog, everyone!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

behind a pay wall

Actually, you should be able to create an account for free and see most of it. Yeah, trust me, as a faculty member I can assure you folks are frustrated by the entirety of the situation. Students, faculty, staff, my dog, everyone!

My daughter goes to MI State. She has all her classes online and is learning from home. Only students on campus now are athletes, med students that mostly have labs and students from other countries who couldn't go home.

All students with symptoms can get tested. If positive they get tested again. Students verified positive are quarantined.

It's impossible to test everyone every day. No one goes to the doctor every morning to make sure they're not sick. lolz
Originally posted by SoCold:
My daughter goes to MI State. She has all her classes online and is learning from home. Only students on campus now are athletes, med students that mostly have labs and students from other countries who couldn't go home.

That's exactly how it should be

2020, what a crazy year
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by SoCold:

That's exactly how it should be

2020, what a crazy year

Yep should be that way, but it ain't.
What a comeback by Navy!
Took
Miami +2.5
Marshall +4.5

Gooooo Marshall!

Took
Miami +2.5
Marshall +4.5

Gooooo Marshall!

Gooooo Miami!!
Gooooo Marshall!

I had big $ on App State until I saw your post. Ended up canceling the bet so good call.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I had big $ on App State until I saw your post. Ended up canceling the bet so good call.

Since last year when I adopted my new approach I have gone 15-6 in college (I stopped mid season last year because I got to busy). Only high confidence bets
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 19, 2020 at 8:07 PM ]
3 best so far this week:
Kansas State +29.5 at Oklahoma - KSU lost to a very underrated Arkansas State team that's my sleeper to win the Sun Belt, and lost with 30 seconds left. Arkansas State was playing their 2nd game, KSU was playing their first. Their loss is being over emphasized. Oklahoma should comfortably win this, but not by 30.

Florida State at Miami (-11) - I won with Miami last week and 2 weeks ago I won by picking GT vs. FSU. FSU is a bad team and dysfunctional. Their new HC Norvell may be good someday, but not this year and he's out due to covid-19. Miami on the other hand is red-hot. Now the one thing to be concerned of is this may be a trap game with Miami looking at Clemson the following week. But I don't think that will apply because FSU is a rival of Miami so hard for me to see them overlooking it.

Troy at BYU (-14.5) - Before this year I had BYU as a 9 or 10 win team and its the most talented BYU team Sitake has had in his 5 years. They are lead by a dominant offensive line. BYU is probably going to run the table and go undefeated, but to really have a shot at playoffs they need to blow every team out on their soft schedule.

I have 3 more games I'm looking at, and I'll pick 2 out of 3 to finish my bets this week.
3 best so far this week:
Kansas State +29.5 at Oklahoma - KSU lost to a very underrated Arkansas State team that's my sleeper to win the Sun Belt, and lost with 30 seconds left. Arkansas State was playing their 2nd game, KSU was playing their first. Their loss is being over emphasized. Oklahoma should comfortably win this, but not by 30.

Florida State at Miami (-11) - I won with Miami last week and 2 weeks ago I won by picking GT vs. FSU. FSU is a bad team and dysfunctional. Their new HC Norvell may be good someday, but not this year and he's out due to covid-19. Miami on the other hand is red-hot. Now the one thing to be concerned of is this may be a trap game with Miami looking at Clemson the following week. But I don't think that will apply because FSU is a rival of Miami so hard for me to see them overlooking it.

Troy at BYU (-14.5) - Before this year I had BYU as a 9 or 10 win team and its the most talented BYU team Sitake has had in his 5 years. They are lead by a dominant offensive line. BYU is probably going to run the table and go undefeated, but to really have a shot at playoffs they need to blow every team out on their soft schedule.

I have 3 more games I'm looking at, and I'll pick 2 out of 3 to finish my bets this week.

My last 2 bets:
Auburn -7.5
West Virginia +8
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 22, 2020 at 11:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone