LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

***LeBRON JAMES - The KING of G.O.A.T.S Thread***

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Thirsty for attention? That's really rich coming from you. All you do is post Jiks style hot takes in these threads. You come in the Lakers thread for example just to post s**t about AD. And then when nobody bites at your garbage you go in the NBA threads to post more of your hot takes. You watch too much shows like first take and Skip Bayless, you should stop.

And I never said they make the play in without Steph, learn to read. They obviously don't. I just said they are still better than the Kings without Steph.

IMO, biggest difference with the Dubs and Kings (and any of the NBA teams, for that matter) is the pull Curry has on defense. With two/three people guarding him at most times, it leaves the others open to do their thing. Without Curry, I doubt the rest of the Dubs rosters will have the same productivity as they did this season.

Valid point, but it's not like Curry is the only one to pull that kind of attention from the opposition:

Screenshots are misleading. In this particular moment in time LeBron had the ball in the paint and the defense instinctively closed to the ball. Obviously there weren't 5 guys running around with him.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Thirsty for attention? That's really rich coming from you. All you do is post Jiks style hot takes in these threads. You come in the Lakers thread for example just to post s**t about AD. And then when nobody bites at your garbage you go in the NBA threads to post more of your hot takes. You watch too much shows like first take and Skip Bayless, you should stop.

And I never said they make the play in without Steph, learn to read. They obviously don't. I just said they are still better than the Kings without Steph.

IMO, biggest difference with the Dubs and Kings (and any of the NBA teams, for that matter) is the pull Curry has on defense. With two/three people guarding him at most times, it leaves the others open to do their thing. Without Curry, I doubt the rest of the Dubs rosters will have the same productivity as they did this season.

Valid point, but it's not like Curry is the only one to pull that kind of attention from the opposition:

Screenshots are misleading. In this particular moment in time LeBron had the ball in the paint and the defense instinctively closed to the ball. Obviously there weren't 5 guys running around with him.
I agree. And lets be honest. The Warriors are so undersized that they have to all leave their players on the perimeter to help out in the paint. If that had been AD in the paint the picture would have been the same.

The screenshot is in direct response to kid's statement about curry demanding the attention of the opposition. He said the difference between the dubs and every other team in the nba is the pull curry has. My response was me disagreeing that he's the only one that has that affect on teams. Lebron, and many other true superstars also command that type of attention.
The screenshot is in direct response to kid's statement about curry demanding the attention of the opposition. He said the difference between the dubs and every other team in the nba is the pull curry has. My response was me disagreeing that he's the only one that has that affect on teams. Lebron, and many other true superstars also command that type of attention.

But the whole game?

Nah dude. LOL Curry has been pretty much doubled team/tripled team for most of the games played this season.

But the whole game?

Nah dude. LOL Curry has been pretty much doubled team/tripled team for most of the games played this season.

K. I guess he's the only one in the nba. Probably ever, I suppose. I guess somebody that watches every single nba game like yourself is in a position to make that sort of claim. Definitely not a biased opinion here. lol

But the whole game?

Kid, I think you may be misstating your point. Without Klay, the dubs have no real, consistent scoring threat outside of Steph. Wiggins has some good games when he is aggressive, but his perimeter shot is inconsistent. Wiggins gets a lot of points in the paint, and slashing just because of Steph. Other guys ebb and flow... so opposing defenses can just lock in on Steph all game

Lebron is a freaking beast, but he also has another top five player in AD. A guy like Kuzma and others can score in spurts also. Defenses would like to focus their attention on Bron, but are more reluctant because of AD. Look at the game yesterday... the dubs struggled many stretches in the second half to score when Curry's magic wasn't working

I think a lot of us forgot how good the Lakers are because of the injuries down the stretch. Crazy the dubs almost beat them, and they really might have if Dray didn't get called for that critical illegal screen with a minute left
K. I guess he's the only one in the nba. Probably ever, I suppose. I guess somebody that watches every single nba game like yourself is in a position to make that sort of claim. Definitely not a biased opinion here. lol

LOL

Here was the original post which I replied to:

1) The point I was trying to convey is without Curry this season, the Dubs had the worst offensive output in the NBA within the last 5 or so years. It has been discussed ad nauseum by qualified pundits so to say that the Dubs (without Curry) were better is not true.

2) I gave an example on how and why the Dubs is different with my reply and I still stand by that.

3) And come in, man. Where did I say he was the only player in the NBA who get this treatment? All I said was that this is how teams played the Dubs when Curry is playing, by double/triple teaming up on him for most of the game. Heck, the game last night was played that way. Lakers played like that THE WHOLE GAME.

But yeah, bro, pivot away... LOL
LOL

Here was the original post which I replied to:

1) The point I was trying to convey is without Curry this season, the Dubs had the worst offensive output in the NBA within the last 5 or so years. It has been discussed ad nauseum by qualified pundits so to say that the Dubs (without Curry) were better is not true.

2) I gave an example on how and why the Dubs is different with my reply and I still stand by that.

3) And come in, man. Where did I say he was the only player in the NBA who get this treatment? All I said was that this is how teams played the Dubs when Curry is playing, by double/triple teaming up on him for most of the game. Heck, the game last night was played that way. Lakers played like that THE WHOLE GAME.

But yeah, bro, pivot away... LOL

"biggest difference with the Dubs and Kings (and any of the NBA teams, for that matter) is the pull Curry has on defense"

Isn't that what you said by saying any team? I'm responding to what you said. I'm not twisting your words. Did you forget what you said?
"biggest difference with the Dubs and Kings (and any of the NBA teams, for that matter) is the pull Curry has on defense"

Isn't that what you said by saying any team? I'm responding to what you said. I'm not twisting your words. Did you forget what you said?

No, I said I stand by that comment.

The difference being is that his pull on the other's teams defense, other players on the Dubs were able to play BETTER because they had the space to move and create plays. Curry is/was constantly getting double/triple teamed for most of the games he played this year. No other team in the NBA saw more double/triple team than the Dubs when Curry played.

Again, that's the biggest difference.
[ Edited by kidash98 on May 20, 2021 at 6:43 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran

No, I said I stand by that comment.

The difference being is that his pull on the other's teams defense, other players on the Dubs were able to play BETTER because they had the space to move and create plays. Curry is/was constantly getting double/triple teamed for most of the games he played this year. No other team in the NBA saw more double/triple team than the Dubs when Curry played.

Again, that's the biggest difference.

Lol

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Curry had 3 assists and 6 turnovers - even when he had bunch of open teammates. Lebron had 10 assists and 1 turnover.

Reason why you can't double or triple team Lebron at the top of the key. He will destroy you with his passing.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I agree. And lets be honest. The Warriors are so undersized that they have to all leave their players on the perimeter to help out in the paint. If that had been AD in the paint the picture would have been the same.

AD gets flustered when doubled - not always but often enough where I don't think opposing defenses need to help out as much when he's is in the paint.

I have never seen a player guarded like Steph Curry is in my entire life. Not Jordan. Not Bird. Not Kobe. Not Lebron. Not anyone. I compare how Curry is guarded like how Barry Bonds was pitched to. Never seen anything like it before and haven't since.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I have never seen a player guarded like Steph Curry is in my entire life. Not Jordan. Not Bird. Not Kobe. Not Lebron. Not anyone. I compare how Curry is guarded like how Barry Bonds was pitched to. Never seen anything like it before and haven't since.

Who is this Barry Bonds you speak of?
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Who is this Barry Bonds you speak of?

Someone who is better than your favorite player.

(and someone who is closer to being what this thread is about in his sport than the guy in the thread title is in his)
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on May 20, 2021 at 9:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone