LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

***LeBRON JAMES - The KING of G.O.A.T.S Thread***

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

It's all fun and games until someone teaches these kids some actual history about Terry's lone Finals matchup destroying Lebrons Superteam during a finals Lebron Choked in.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

It's all fun and games until someone teaches these kids some actual history about Terry's lone Finals matchup destroying Lebrons Superteam during a finals Lebron Choked in.

Didn't you start following the nba in 2015?!?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Didn't you start following the nba in 2015?!?

Quite a bit before then. I've actually have gotten the chance to see the Real Goat MJ play twice in games I've been to over the years.

Didn't you start watching basketball because of Lebron?

Pretty funny that Jason Terry outscored Lebron James in a Finals series. No wonder Lebron dunked on him like that.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Quite a bit before then. I've actually have gotten the chance to see the Real Goat MJ play twice in games I've been to over the years.

Didn't you start watching basketball because of Lebron?

Nope. Wrong again.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Pretty funny that Jason Terry outscored Lebron James in a Finals series. No wonder Lebron dunked on him like that.

Not only that - he went on the most absurd playoff runs since then. That loss to Mavs completely changed the player Lebron was. Looking back - it was the best thing that happened to him.
Not only that - he went on the most absurd playoff runs since then. That loss to Mavs completely changed the player Lebron was. Looking back - it was the best thing that happened to him.

That is true. He's never played like that again even in defeat. Just looked to defer too much with Wade there.
this is f**ked up

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

That is true. He's never played like that again even in defeat. Just looked to defer too much with Wade there.

I think that first year - they really shouldn't have even made the Finals. That team had 0 chemistry all year. They were winning games strictly on talent. They were like the 2020 Clippers. Even in 2012 playoffs - it took that Pacers series to bring the team together. Danny Granger and David West kept getting into it with some Heat players and that helped the team quite a bit - especially when they went down 3-2 against Celtics.

Really truly - Wade and Lebron were never great fits. They had similar skills and didn't have many complimentary skills. Kyrie and Lebron were much better fit and Lebron and AD are a perfect fit.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Let's go get that 5th ring!!!
[ Edited by 4ML on Nov 6, 2020 at 12:44 AM ]

• Jiks
Lol sadly he's already crying that he has to play. Poor guy and his 30+ mill. I'm glad the rest of the NBA didn't care about his whining.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Lol sadly he's already crying that he has to play. Poor guy and his 30+ mill. I'm glad the rest of the NBA didn't care about his whining.

Ya he needs to stfu here. I understand what hes saying, but he can just sit out for the first month then.

At 36, and 18 years in the league, no one will critique him harshly if does. And it will help the Lakers long term. Best decision he can make.

Especially since we will trade for or sign someone to give us that big 3. Super team Lakers gonna be great even if Bron sits out a month.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Let's go get it!!!
[ Edited by 4ML on Nov 7, 2020 at 6:39 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Ya he needs to stfu here. I understand what hes saying, but he can just sit out for the first month then.

At 36, and 18 years in the league, no one will critique him harshly if does. And it will help the Lakers long term. Best decision he can make.

Especially since we will trade for or sign someone to give us that big 3. Super team Lakers gonna be great even if Bron sits out a month.

Via Windhorst:

LeBron initially pushed back against this, and subsequently, it's been explained to me that LeBron changed his position. Crossed the aisle, said 'I'm OK going Dec. 22 even though I have to change my routines and I'm not happy about the short offseason because it's the best thing for business.'

Without Lebron's and Lakers approval - doubt league starts on Dec. 22.
I'm fine with his hesitancy to start early. They were away from their families for months. I can see why he wants a longer off-season.
Share 49ersWebzone