There are 195 users in the forums

2016 - 2017 NBA Discussion Thread

The NBA could open up expansion bidding once a new collective bargaining agreement is in place.

Seattle has been without a franchise since the Sonics left for Oklahoma City in 2008 and would figure to be a leading candidate to receive an expansion team. Louisville, Pittsburgh, Omaha, Las Vegas, Vancouver and Mexico City are other candidates for a team.

The NBA's new television contract reportedly has expansion escalators that would further incentive the league to add teams on top of the expansion fee though they would have two additional revenue partners.

Mexico City really? I don't now how that could pass with the safety concerns down there. Can't imagine a team being in Omaha either. lol
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Omaha!

Gotta think about how passionate Huskers fans are. I'd like to think they would bring that same passion for a professional sports team. But who knows? I'd be in a tough spot. I don't think I could stop being a magic fan. Although they would definitely be a team I would root for if Orlando is out of contention.
[ Edited by Dino on Oct 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM ]
Vancouver and Las Vegas would be the most likely. How about St Louis though? No NFL team to compete with. That could be interesting.
Originally posted by saniner:
Vancouver and Las Vegas would be the most likely. How about St Louis though? No NFL team to compete with. That could be interesting.

I was surprised that St. Louis isn't considered either. It would be a great place for a team. Maybe the commish hates James or something.

Seattle needs to get the Sonics back first. They deserve a team after how everything went down with them moving to OKC. Vegas will probably be the other choice too; especially, if the Raiders head over there.
It's Seattle and Las Vegas as the next expansion cities and it's not even close. The sonics return is inevitable and LV is the hot new destination in sports now that they've opened up that market with the NHL breaking the barrier. Vancouver doesn't stand a chance. There were people at our tailgate last game I was talking to from there. I asked them if they were grizzlies fans back then and they said hell no. Nobody gave a s**t about them when they used to be there and the nba has no major following up there. Said u could sit court side back in the day for $20 and the place was empty.
Las Vegas is an interesting option. I would think they would wait to see how their NHL team team does (and possibly the Raiders) before landing a team there. I'd personally love it because I can potentially go to live games without having to drive 5 hours.
Ya I can see Seattle getting a team here soon, and Vegas in a couple years.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Embiid is averaging

9 ppg
4 rpg
1.2 bpg

on 12 min restrictions

Karl Anthony Towns would be averaging a triple double despite the 12 min restrictions.

Embiid is going to average KAT numbers playing just 20-24 mins a game

you wait and see
I was being sarcastic but what you just said is ridiculous.

Its only preseason.....this thread is going to be great....lol

P.S. Embiid with 11pts 12rebs 1blk in 14 mins
I'm tired of hearing all the blah blah blah about this dude, but here's his highlights none-the-less:

Looks light on his feet. Not bad.
Im a Kansas fan so I like Embiid but Towns>>>>Embiid

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm tired of hearing all the blah blah blah about this dude, but here's his highlights none-the-less:

You better get use to it

14-16 from free throw line last two games...26 mins combined
It's Seattle and Las Vegas as the next expansion cities and it's not even close. The sonics return is inevitable and LV is the hot new destination in sports now that they've opened up that market with the NHL breaking the barrier. Vancouver doesn't stand a chance. There were people at our tailgate last game I was talking to from there. I asked them if they were grizzlies fans back then and they said hell no. Nobody gave a s**t about them when they used to be there and the nba has no major following up there. Said u could sit court side back in the day for $20 and the place was empty.

Vancouver isn't getting a team but there were no $20 court side seats. They were either exaggerating or uninformed.

You better get use to it

14-16 from free throw line last two games...26 mins combined

All you are right now is like the guys in NT saying how our annual back up RB that's leading the preseason in rushing yards is going to light the league up, or Rush is leading the preseason in sacks so he's gonna be an all pro when the season starts. lol
Originally posted by saniner:

I seriously doubt Vancouver ever gets another team. If there are 2 new teams Seattle has to be one of them and Vegas would probably the the other. As for St Louis, this is a city that has lost both its football team (twice) and basketball team. They aren't going to get another shot but will have to be content with being a 2 sport town.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 5m5 minutes ago
The NBA has suspended Detroit Pistons assistant coach Tim Hardaway three games for pleading guilty to a DWI.

Share 49ersWebzone