LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Wow! Great start for the Lakers! The ball is moving and they are getting great looks. Randal is everywhere and doing everything. Keep this up!
Great start but completely fizzled out after that. I can't figure out what the hell Luke is doing with who he has on the court. Russell is nowhere to be seen and they look lost out there and he's got jose out there trying to lead the team.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Need more from Deng when his out there. No points with 20+ min court time. That's not going to cut it
I gotta give them credit for fighting back into the game so many times like they did. Even got it down to 4 with like 4 minutes left. But just as quick as they fight back in it, they let the thunder race away to a double digit lead with bad turnovers and poor play. Expected play from a young team, but still frustrating to watch.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I gotta give them credit for fighting back into the game so many times like they did. Even got it down to 4 with like 4 minutes left. But just as quick as they fight back in it, they let the thunder race away to a double digit lead with bad turnovers and poor play. Expected play from a young team, but still frustrating to watch.
yeah to me it was just lazy play and poor execution and bad shot selection by Russell and Williams.
I like how the Lakers are able to hang around and compete in 3 games with very different styles.

To me, game 1 was high paced offensive game, game 2 was slow defensive game, and game 3 was half court offensive execution game.

It is a bit concerning that the opposition is dictating the style of game, but as the team matures they'll be able to push the game toward a style that gives them the best chance at winning. For now, it's encouraging that they're able to compete regardless of style.
Originally posted by Arminini:
I like how the Lakers are able to hang around and compete in 3 games with very different styles.

To me, game 1 was high paced offensive game, game 2 was slow defensive game, and game 3 was half court offensive execution game.

It is a bit concerning that the opposition is dictating the style of game, but as the team matures they'll be able to push the game toward a style that gives them the best chance at winning. For now, it's encouraging that they're able to compete regardless of style.

Agreed. They don't even know who they are right now, so we'll have to be patient while they figure it out.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Just getting in to watch the game. Let's go LA let's get this road WIN!!!
I really like the way Luke seems to make good halftime adjustments. 2 totally different teams from the first half to the second.

Side note: Mozgov got elbowed in the face pretty bad in the 2nd qtr. Then in the 3rd he took another shot to the face in the same spot. Not sure if it was the same injury or he got his eye scratched, but he left the game without shooting his free throws so he's done for the night.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I really like the way Luke seems to make good halftime adjustments. 2 totally different teams from the first half to the second.

Side note: Mozgov got elbowed in the face pretty bad in the 2nd qtr. Then in the 3rd he took another shot to the face in the same spot. Not sure if it was the same injury or he got his eye scratched, but he left the game without shooting his free throws so he's done for the night.

Thx for catching me up. Black may get a double, double. We need that body on the boards.

So close again. Just a little short in the end. George got hot and we went cold the last minute of the game. Off to atlanta tomorrow.
So close again. Just a little short in the end. George got hot and we went cold the last minute of the game. Off to atlanta tomorrow.

Growing pains for a young team. Luke has this team pointed in the right direction. They may not win 35 games this year but they will be over 40 next year in my opinion.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Home team hot hand got us. If only we can get a couple of those 3's to drop. Time and experience will eventually get us there. I really think when December rolls around we will have players emerge and have a better view of this teams identity. I am happy with the development of our players and the team overall.
Originally posted by titan:
Home team hot hand got us. If only we can get a couple of those 3's to drop. Time and experience will eventually get us there. I really think when December rolls around we will have players emerge and have a better view of this teams identity. I am happy with the development of our players and the team overall.

I'm really surprised with Lou. He hasn't done a lot. Which I think is good to a point, because he has a tendacy to do too much. But I almost strangely feel like he should be doing more.
We lost to Westbrook, a team that just beat the Spurs, and Paul George. Most of the time we are going to lose, esp on the road, to a team's all star...we just dont have any good 1 on 1 defenders. We put Druss on PG lol.

It's what is going to happen this year, until one of our young guys becomes that go to player on O down the stretch. IMO, I think really Ingram, maybe Druss most likely to assume that role. Going to take time. Fun group to watch when we are clicking though.
Share 49ersWebzone