There are 173 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Arminini:
Nance needs to show more improvement. He doesn't really impacting the game the way you would hope.

His offensive game is very limited: he can't shoot and isn't a creative finisher around the rim. His defense game doesn't seem good enough to impact NBA level talent (its rare to have a player good enough to do that).

Based on playing time and the eyeball test, it seems Randle has separated himself from Nance.

I wonder if a package of Lou + Nance can get us a good stretch 4. It would be a really nice compliment to Randle and Ingram in the front court, if we can get a guy with similar size to Nance, but a better shooter to help with spacing on offense and rebounding on defense.

I kinda don't agree with your assessment of Nance, here. He's only a 2nd year player. By no means is he polished, but you make it sound like he brings nothing to the table to help the team, has zero shot, and none of the freakish athletic ability that he displays when he plays. Which just simply isn't true, IMO.

Yea I'm a big Nance fan as well. He's the kind of energy, can do it all guy every good team has coming off the bench. Also, his skill set is so perfectly different from Randle it gives you a ton of flexibility at 4 when choosing different lineups.

Agree. I have no issues with him. If he can continue improving his shooting, he will be fine rotational player for us.

Revisiting this topic, this does a great job of breaking down just how much Larry is doing out there that goes unnoticed:

I personally didn't mind the yapping. To me it was a sign of confidence. That they weren't going to back down to bigger names (Harden).
My only issue with this is that teams can just have a great first quarter against us. Russel is not a good defender and neither is Lou, while Clarkson isn't great either, but he's better than those two, he's actually improved quite a lot on defense.

Mozgov also needs to be out there in 4th QT. Unless the other team is also going small, no reason he should be on the bench. Nene was out there, Mozgov should've been as well.

I really like Ingram, Clarkson, Black, and Nance playing together on the second unit, so I wouldn't want to break up that group. They're all athletic and accelerate the pace of the game as soon as they come in.

Personally, I'd prefer the veterans be out there at the start and have the second unit be the change of pace group.

To me we have 3 solid units:

1) Russell + Randle + 3 veternas
2) Ingram, Clarkson, Black, Nance + shooter
3) Russell + Randle + Clarkson + shooter + center

I'd play lineups 1 and 2 throughout the game and go with lineup 3 to close out. I'd pick the best option for shooter + center based on in game performance. The shooter position can be Ingram, Young, or Lou; the center position can be Mosgov, Deng or Nance.
Originally posted by Arminini:
My only issue with this is that teams can just have a great first quarter against us. Russel is not a good defender and neither is Lou, while Clarkson isn't great either, but he's better than those two, he's actually improved quite a lot on defense.

Mozgov also needs to be out there in 4th QT. Unless the other team is also going small, no reason he should be on the bench. Nene was out there, Mozgov should've been as well.

I really like Ingram, Clarkson, Black, and Nance playing together on the second unit, so I wouldn't want to break up that group. They're all athletic and accelerate the pace of the game as soon as they come in.

Personally, I'd prefer the veterans be out there at the start and have the second unit be the change of pace group.

To me we have 3 solid units:

1) Russell + Randle + 3 veternas
2) Ingram, Clarkson, Black, Nance + shooter
3) Russell + Randle + Clarkson + shooter + center

I'd play lineups 1 and 2 throughout the game and go with lineup 3 to close out. I'd pick the best option for shooter + center based on in game performance. The shooter position can be Ingram, Young, or Lou; the center position can be Mosgov, Deng or Nance.

I was literally about to write a post similar to this in terms of rotations. Also, no more PT for Huertas or MWP please. If we need to spell our ball handlers (Clarkson, Russ) then go with Ingram at the point.
[ Edited by GameOver on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
It's a all good...But I haven't adjusted not seeing Kobe out there!

MAMBA FOR LIFE
Originally posted by titan:

MAMBA FOR LIFE

weird as f**k man
Originally posted by GameOver:
I was literally about to write a post similar to this in terms of rotations. Also, no more PT for Huertas or MWP please. If we need to spell our ball handlers (Clarkson, Russ) then go with Ingram at the point.

MWP was just out there to prove a point. Luke said as much in the interviews, he was fed up with the defensive effort of the other guys and benched em. This season is all about that kind ish, and thats why MWP is here.

But god i hope he doesnt see another second on the court.

I'm so hot and cold on Huertas. On one play i want to cut him, the next he fires me up. When Jose gets back isn't he the first to go? I hope so.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Dang Ingram! I hope it's nothing serious.
I really can't believe this game ended up being as close as it was. The Lakers lost their way multiple times in the game. Couldn't buy a call all night. Ingram gets hurt and it messed up the rotations. I really wasn't happy with what Luke was throwing out there and sticking with what wasn't working most of the game. But there they were still in it at the end. They kept fighting and it's good to see from this young team.

On to okc sunday for the 2nd game of the 4 game road trip. Then finally back home next Friday, where I'll be in the house!!
With the shooting nights JC and Druss had, on the road, and we still had a chance to come away with it. Pretty damn encouraging.

Originally posted by titan:

MAMBA FOR LIFE

Are the Laker players super confused, just passing the ball around until the 24 second clock expires?
Stoney kind of hinted at this but...am I the only one surprised by the lack of PT for Clarkson in the 4th?
Originally posted by GameOver:
Stoney kind of hinted at this but...am I the only one surprised by the lack of PT for Clarkson in the 4th?

he was struggling. he got some playing time early in the 4th but continued to struggle, so it was a good move to sit him.

but i pretty much expected a bad night against the Jazz, their defense is just ridiculously good.
4 pm tip off today in okc. I wonder how insane westbrook is gonna go on us. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
4 pm tip off today in okc. I wonder how insane westbrook is gonna go on us. lol

60 points 20 reb 20 assists 10 steals 10 blocks
Share 49ersWebzone