LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Why was Clarkson not starting tonight?

It's Luke's plan to bring him off the bench and lead the 2nd unit. He'll still be getting "starters minutes" and be out there at the end, but he just won't start. At least that's how Luke is going with it for now.
D Russel needs to STFU
Didn't realize Randle was so efficient last night. A couple of times when he went to the whole I thought he was out of control but the ball kept going in.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Didn't realize Randle was so efficient last night. A couple of times when he went to the whole I thought he was out of control but the ball kept going in.

Yea those aren't always going to fall...But we won't always be playing teams that put up points like that. There is so much to like about last night...but I don't like how much our 3 young guys were yapping. Just shut up and play.
So proud of the youngings and of Luke . The youth showed there quite a bit at the end but they held on for the win. Some of these ref calls were though.

Bring on the Jazz!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by angelv05:

Yea those aren't always going to fall...But we won't always be playing teams that put up points like that. There is so much to like about last night...but I don't like how much our 3 young guys were yapping. Just shut up and play.

Too much talking and not enough defense. It will be tough to score this much on the road and on consecutive game nights so the defense needs to start improving.
Luke makes Byron Scott look like the Tomsula of NBA coaching
The correct comparison is Mike Singletary. The only good that came out of Singletary was him getting Vernon's head right and being a hardass for young guys. Then you got a guy in Harbaugh that could actually coach and 3 NFC championship games. Similar situation here, Byron was the worst, but i bet he accelerated DRuss' maturity at least a little.

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
The correct comparison is Mike Singletary. The only good that came out of Singletary was him getting Vernon's head right and being a hardass for young guys. Then you got a guy in Harbaugh that could actually coach and 3 NFC championship games. Similar situation here, Byron was the worst, but i bet he accelerated DRuss' maturity at least a little.

Agree.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's Luke's plan to bring him off the bench and lead the 2nd unit. He'll still be getting "starters minutes" and be out there at the end, but he just won't start. At least that's how Luke is going with it for now.

My only issue with this is that teams can just have a great first quarter against us. Russel is not a good defender and neither is Lou, while Clarkson isn't great either, but he's better than those two, he's actually improved quite a lot on defense.

Mozgov also needs to be out there in 4th QT. Unless the other team is also going small, no reason he should be on the bench. Nene was out there, Mozgov should've been as well.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Why was Clarkson not starting tonight?

Randle is one dark brotha.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

My only issue with this is that teams can just have a great first quarter against us. Russel is not a good defender and neither is Lou, while Clarkson isn't great either, but he's better than those two, he's actually improved quite a lot on defense.

Mozgov also needs to be out there in 4th QT. Unless the other team is also going small, no reason he should be on the bench. Nene was out there, Mozgov should've been as well.

The problem with your logic is with mozgov on the bench and nene out there, we won. It worked. lol
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

The problem with your logic is with mozgov on the bench and nene out there, we won. It worked. lol

he does a good job protecting the rim, there was a couple times last night in the 4th where Harden was just getting layups. plus, his knee looks healthy, he moves well for a big guy, i don't think he makes us that much slower when hes out there. i'm sure that will change and there will be games where he gets plenty of 4th qt minutes.
Share 49ersWebzone