There are 203 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I can't tell if blueshoe is just trying to fish for reactions or if he's really that ignorant about the game of basketball

Ignorant how? If you think Bryant was a plus last year then who is ignorant about the game of basketball? I detest all things Lakers, but this is common knowledge ... no? And my comments can also be interpreted as me saying the arrow is pointing up for them now. I really endorse the Walton hire, as long as they give him enough time to really turn it around.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I can't tell if blueshoe is just trying to fish for reactions or if he's really that ignorant about the game of basketball

Ignorant how? If you think Bryant was a plus last year then who is ignorant about the game of basketball? I detest all things Lakers, but this is common knowledge ... no? And my comments can also be interpreted as me saying the arrow is pointing up for them now. I really endorse the Walton hire, as long as they give him enough time to really turn it around.

You obviously don't follow this team because Kobe wasn't the biggest problem last season. It was Byron Scott. He doesn't coach offense in any way. Like literally just go out there and figure it out. No structure. No game plan. Just go out there and make points however. Kobe would be drawing up plays in time outs. Was Kobe in his broken down late stage of his career a plus for this team? Of course not. But this was a young and very little talented team last year. They weren't gonna do much more than they did no matter what. It wasn't all on Kobe's shoulders.

That's why you're ignorant. "Lacking knowledge or awareness in general". On this topic, that word fits here perfectly. Don't take offense to it. It's true.
Lakers looked great in the first half. What fun it is to see them play like that.
You obviously don't follow this team because Kobe wasn't the biggest problem last season. It was Byron Scott. He doesn't coach offense in any way. Like literally just go out there and figure it out. No structure. No game plan. Just go out there and make points however. Kobe would be drawing up plays in time outs. Was Kobe in his broken down late stage of his career a plus for this team? Of course not. But this was a young and very little talented team last year. They weren't gonna do much more than they did no matter what. It wasn't all on Kobe's shoulders.

That's why you're ignorant. "Lacking knowledge or awareness in general". On this topic, that word fits here perfectly. Don't take offense to it. It's true.

He wasn't the biggest problem on a young team that was a dumpster fire? Way to shoot me down ... lol. I will agree that Scott was a bigger problem, but mainly because he chose to play this guy as much as he did and let him volume shoot the team to oblivion. Rather than argue with someone that is obviously thinking with their heart, and remembering fondly years past, I will just post his stats from last year. Are these the stats of a guy you want taking the most shots on the team ... taking shots away from the young players that can actually get better, and will be here for years to come? Be honest here. His FG% was better than World Peace and Nick Young, I'll give you that

I would have just let this go, as I really don't care about this team outside of the interest in Walton. But your condescending response required some nudging back on the factual track.

2015-2016 stats

He wasn't the biggest problem on a young team that was a dumpster fire? Way to shoot me down ... lol. I will agree that Scott was a bigger problem, but mainly because he chose to play this guy as much as he did and let him volume shoot the team to oblivion. Rather than argue with someone that is obviously thinking with their heart, and remembering fondly years past, I will just post his stats from last year. Are these the stats of a guy you want taking the most shots on the team ... taking shots away from the young players that can actually get better, and will be here for years to come? Be honest here. His FG% was better than World Peace and Nick Young, I'll give you that

I would have just let this go, as I really don't care about this team outside of the interest in Walton. But your condescending response required some nudging back on the factual track.

2015-2016 stats

See but you're thinking that if Bryant was removed from the roster the team would have been better as a whole. Which is false. The team was the number 2 pick with or without him. I have no delusions of grandeur that KOBE was younger KOBE and he didn't have a less than positive effect on the development of some of the other players. But it falls on Scott and his insistence that rookie players should not shoulder any of the weight of a team. He handled Russell about as worse as a coach could with a young talent. His rotations and coaching style was the problem. And that's why they shipped him out for a 36 year old coach that just left the league as a player.

And tough s**t about condescending. You came in here talking s**t. GFY and your poor little feelings. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 8, 2016 at 11:29 AM ]
Lakers looked great in the first half. What fun it is to see them play like that.

Russel looked good, but here I go again...f**king TOs lol. Clarkson really has improved his shooting, I still don't like that low release from him, but as long as he hits the 3s, it's all good. Randle also played well. That should always be his game, get the rebound, push it up the court. If he can develop a more consistent mid-range / 3 point shot, he's gonna be awesome for us. Luke is right about seeing him in that Draymond role.

Mozgov...wtf was that. Just a terrible night for him on offense. Jovecik (sp?) was just manhandling most of the time.

and that Huertas, dude throws such great passes. i honestly haven't seen somebody pass with so much flair since Jason Kidd. if only he could shoot 3s and defend
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Oct 8, 2016 at 11:30 AM ]
See but you're thinking that if Bryant was removed from the roster the team would have been better as a whole. Which is false. The team was the number 2 pick with or without him. I have no delusions of grandeur that KOBE was younger KOBE and he didn't have a less than positive effect on the development of some of the other players. But it falls on Scott and his insistence that rookie players should not shoulder any of the weight of a team. He handled Russell about as worse as a coach could with a young talent. His rotations and coaching style was the problem. And that's why they shipped him out for a 36 year old coach that just left the league as a player.

And tough s**t about condescending. You came in here talking s**t. GFY and your poor little feelings. lol

Clarkson's FG% was 45% in the same system, and he got half a dozen less shots than Bryant. Same system!

Clarkson's FG% was 45% in the same system, and he got half a dozen less shots than Bryant. Same system!

dude just give it up lol.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Last year was Kobe's sendoff...the fans approved of it. Every game was one last chance to see greatness. And in the last game Kobe totally delivered, one last time, it was glorious, and I will never forget it.
Game is on NBATV again tonight at 6:30 from Ontario.

Very warriors like style of play from the Lakers tonight. The team looks like their having fun and buying into Luke's philosophy. I hope they can keep it up and keep burying shots.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Very warriors like style of play from the Lakers tonight. The team looks like their having fun and buying into Luke's philosophy. I hope they can keep it up and keep burying shots.

Watched a few minutes of it...looked pretty good. Coaching matters a LOT.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Russel really stepping up.
DeAngelo looks good. That Zubac/Russell pic and roll is going to be $$$$$$
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
DeAngelo looks good. That Zubac/Russell pic and roll is going to be $$$$$$

D'Angelo looks really good. His shot is quick and effortless. When he gets in the paint he's starting to just toss it up instead of trying to finish at the rim. And for the most part it's been very effective. I can't wait to see how he does this season.
Share 49ersWebzone