LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

World Champion Golden State Warriors 2016-17

Watching this really helps ease my pain of last years Game 7 loss because I am pretty sure we dont have KD with back to back titles.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Lulz f**k u nba

Lol this lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Seriously, how in the actual f**k did the NBA let Durant sign with us?

Once in a lifetime opportunity with the huge salary cap surge and Curry still on a discount deal. It was all just perfect timing and nothing the NBA could do about it.

My question is... how long will they stay together? I like to think Durant and Curry will sign long-term and we can somehow keep our core four together for the next 6ish years while they're all still in their prime. I'm just not sure if it will work, though. Durant only signed two years with a second-year opt out, as if he's only here to get his ring and then go back to Oklahoma...
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Watching this really helps ease my pain of last years Game 7 loss because I am pretty sure we dont have KD with back to back titles.

Same here. Game 7 is like a distant memory, not even on my mind at this point. It's a new year and this team is going to be insanely fun to watch.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Once in a lifetime opportunity with the huge salary cap surge and Curry still on a discount deal. It was all just perfect timing and nothing the NBA could do about it.

My question is... how long will they stay together? I like to think Durant and Curry will sign long-term and we can somehow keep our core four together for the next 6ish years while they're all still in their prime. I'm just not sure if it will work, though. Durant only signed two years with a second-year opt out, as if he's only here to get his ring and then go back to Oklahoma...

Just enjoy the year and dont worry about it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They actually interviewed KD on media day and one reporter asked if the Warriors had won the Finals, would he still have come here since them "needing him" to win a championship was one of the heaviest assets of their sales pitch.

His response was simply along the lines of "Well, they didn't. We can't talk about hypotheticals here. They lost and now I'm here."
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 4, 2016 at 8:58 PM ]

Plus barnes turning down our deal.

It's definitely possible to keep the big 4 together (Curry, Durant, Klay, Draymond). The rest gets tricky trying to retain guys like Iggy, Livingston...but something tells me they'll re-sign for less to stay. Don't think Durant returning to OKC is a possibility, that part of his career is over. I'm very confident he's going to be here for several years.

Yup, forgot about that! We lucked out there. Savvy move by Barnes, he got paid anyways

It's definitely possible to keep the big 4 together (Curry, Durant, Klay, Draymond). The rest gets tricky trying to retain guys like Iggy, Livingston...but something tells me they'll re-sign for less to stay. Don't think Durant returning to OKC is a possibility, that part of his career is over. I'm very confident he's going to be here for several years.

This. Not worried at all about keeping them here for the next few years.

Jed needs to intern for the W's owners

He's been quoted as saying that's not his intent. He didn't go thru all this just to do it again in two years.

The 2 year opt out was simply a good financial decision by Durant. The Warriors will find a way to make it all work. Durant is here to stay.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Someone tweeted the Lacob warriors are like eddie d niners and york niners are like cohan warriors.

Yup, forgot about that! We lucked out there. Savvy move by Barnes, he got paid anyways

Savvy if money is all that matters I guess. It did cost him the opportunity to play with the best team in basketball and make 64M. I like HB as a person and hope he does really well. However, I am skeptical that he has what it takes to ever warrant the huge money that Dallas gave him.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Someone tweeted the Lacob warriors are like eddie d niners and york niners are like cohan warriors.

Pretty accurate. Eddie D's Niners once he got smart and hired Bill Walsh anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone