LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

World Champion Golden State Warriors 2016-17

First page?

f**k.
[ Edited by PrisonOfGlass on Oct 1, 2016 at 9:52 PM ]
Why did they reboot?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Anybody think Pat McCaw cracks the rotation sooner rather than later? Dude continues to impress.

I think he will regardless lol

Just from a numbers perspective.
I'll admit, I'm kind of intrigued by JaVale McGee. He's a knucklehead, but he's got the athleticism to make an impact in spot minutes as a shot blocker / rebounder. Only guy on the roster who profiles as that type of player, at least until Damian Jones gets healthy.

He had per-36-minute averages of 16.7 points, 12.9 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks last year

https://theringer.com/golden-state-warriors-javale-mcgee-e2e582775384#.d7u3wf7yj

I didn't know you guys got him too. Nice addition imo.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I'll admit, I'm kind of intrigued by JaVale McGee. He's a knucklehead, but he's got the athleticism to make an impact in spot minutes as a shot blocker / rebounder. Only guy on the roster who profiles as that type of player, at least until Damian Jones gets healthy.

He had per-36-minute averages of 16.7 points, 12.9 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks last year

https://theringer.com/golden-state-warriors-javale-mcgee-e2e582775384#.d7u3wf7yj

He should make the team, this team desperately needs size who can rebound and protect the paint. Plus he's just not some big stiff, he can run
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

He should make the team, this team desperately needs size who can rebound and protect the paint. Plus he's just not some big stiff, he can run
Based on what I saw and stats he is so much better than Varejao or Mcadoo. I don't see any reason for him not to make the team.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Based on what I saw and stats he is so much better than Varejao or Mcadoo. I don't see any reason for him not to make the team.

His ability and stats are not in question. Obviously he has the ability to get the final spot. It comes down to his character and whether he is a fit. Hopefully he can be an important piece of the team because he does give the Warriors something that they need.
Anybody think Pat McCaw cracks the rotation sooner rather than later? Dude continues to impress.

he looked good yesterday
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

If he plays well in the exhibition season I think he will be given a real shot. So far he has impressed everyone including Jerry West. Just love our front office!

I got a good feeling he will. McCaw is giving me flashes of Draymond back in 2012, another 2nd rd steal. Our front office is so awesome.

Gilbert Arenas, Monta Ellis, Draymond Green, and hopefully Patrick McCaw. The Warriors own the 2nd round!

I think Larry Smith was a 2nd rounder too. How about Sarunas Marciulionis at the very end of the draft ... I am thinking he was a 5th or 6th rounder? Granted, that was Nellie (actually the Nellie's) doing work to get the first Soviet player into the NBA. Still, he might be one of the biggest steals ever where he was drafted.

Regarding McCaw. He should see fairly good rotation minutes just because of his length and defensive ability. The big surprise to me was his ball handling and ability to facilitate. Guy looks like a real nice piece to have.

This picture still makes me laugh. Talk about an awe inspiring (or is that intimidating) first day.

I think they will but there will be some bumps in the road early as they figure things out with so many new faces. But come April.... look out NBA.

This is going to be fun!!! Let's all enjoy the ride.

There will be growing pains for sure. A lot of new pieces, will take some time for the players to gel and Kerr to get a good feel for the rotations. But there's so much talent here, I don't think it will take very long. Don't have much in terms of rim protection, but are embarrassingly rich in just about every other area.

Still can't believe we got Durant

Go Dubs!

All of this.

Gonna be fun and if the first preseason game is any indication, there's going to be about 10,000 bandwagon warrior fans at every single road game throughout the season lol

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
All of this.

Gonna be fun and if the first preseason game is any indication, there's going to be about 10,000 bandwagon warrior fans at every single road game throughout the season lol

Those were former Sonics fans up in Vancouver coming to see KD
gotta get used to this thread being on top..
Woo hoo a great team to root for!

Add to thread title (Out for Revenge)
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Woo hoo a great team to root for!

Add to thread title (Out for Revenge)

Nope. No BTIB. No out for revenge. Just the 2016-17 Dubs.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

If he plays well in the exhibition season I think he will be given a real shot. So far he has impressed everyone including Jerry West. Just love our front office!

I got a good feeling he will. McCaw is giving me flashes of Draymond back in 2012, another 2nd rd steal. Our front office is so awesome.

Gilbert Arenas, Monta Ellis, Draymond Green, and hopefully Patrick McCaw. The Warriors own the 2nd round!

I think Larry Smith was a 2nd rounder too. How about Sarunas Marciulionis at the very end of the draft ... I am thinking he was a 5th or 6th rounder? Granted, that was Nellie (actually the Nellie's) doing work to get the first Soviet player into the NBA. Still, he might be one of the biggest steals ever where he was drafted.

Regarding McCaw. He should see fairly good rotation minutes just because of his length and defensive ability. The big surprise to me was his ball handling and ability to facilitate. Guy looks like a real nice piece to have.

This picture still makes me laugh. Talk about an awe inspiring (or is that intimidating) first day.

Share 49ersWebzone