There are 120 users in the forums

World Champion Golden State Warriors 2016-17

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by binarythird:
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Free country right, let them exercise that right. Anyway leave the politics behind, what's important is steph and the rest of the crew working toward a back to back championship, something they almost had before, this time if things go right, dubs have a great shot at repeating.

I never said they can't do it. They have every right to not go, it's just dumb. It's a bad look.

I dont think its a bad look at all. What would be a bad look is being chummy with a guy that they cant stand and have ridiculed just for the sake of tradition.

In reality the President of the United States should have far more important things to do with his time.

I think it shows immaturity. Why not go and talk to him? See wtf he's about and then sit down and talk to him about what is bothering you. Send a message. Talk about what's going on instead of talking through the media. Too much of going through the media these days. I guess that's the culture of the younger generation. They complain and cry about everything, and are never willing to take head on any issues in person. They take to social media, etc.

Who cares if you're not chummy, but take the higher road. Set an example for the kids. I don't like the guy, but if I felt passionately about certain topics then you bet your ass I'm going to go, and I'm going to go take time to talk to him, to express in person my feels on these issues. That is being more productive. Refusing to go because you may not believe what he does or like what he says is bush league. You're just avoiding a chance to try to make a change. Too many people in the younger generation do not like to sit down and talk about these topics and do so with an open mind. Its sad.

Yes in reality the president has more important things but this has been an ongoing tradition for years. It doesn't look bad going if you don't like the guy.
[ Edited by wailers15 on Sep 23, 2017 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by wailers15:
Free country right, let them exercise that right. Anyway leave the politics behind, what's important is steph and the rest of the crew working toward a back to back championship, something they almost had before, this time if things go right, dubs have a great shot at repeating.

I never said they can't do it. They have every right to not go, it's just dumb. It's a bad look.

I dont think its a bad look at all. What would be a bad look is being chummy with a guy that they cant stand and have ridiculed just for the sake of tradition.

In reality the President of the United States should have far more important things to do with his time.

I think it shows immaturity. Why not go and talk to him? See wtf he's about and then sit down and talk to him about what is bothering you. Send a message. Talk about what's going on instead of talking through the media. Too much of going through the media these days. I guess that's the culture of the younger generation. They complain and cry about everything, and are never willing to take head on any issues in person. They take to social media, etc.

Who cares if you're not chummy, but take the higher road. Set an example for the kids. I don't like the guy, but if I felt passionately about certain topics then you bet your ass I'm going to go, and I'm going to go take time to talk to him, to express in person my feels on these issues. That is being more productive. Refusing to go because you may not believe what he does or like what he says is bush league. You're just avoiding a chance to try to make a change. Too many people in the younger generation do not like to sit down and talk about these topics and do so with an open mind. Its sad.

Yes in reality the president has more important things but this has been an ongoing tradition for years. It doesn't look bad going if you don't like the guy.

You make it sound like the players are going to be able to sit down with Trump, discuss political issues, and make a change by going to the White House. Please! Donald Trump is not going to allow a bunch of basketball players that have already expressed their disdain for him that opportunity.

And then there is this....by our President
"Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!"

Who is the immature one?

You make it sound like the players are going to be able to sit down with Trump, discuss political issues, and make a change by going to the White House. Please! Donald Trump is not going to allow a bunch of basketball players that have already expressed their disdain for him that opportunity.

And then there is this....by our President
"Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!"

Who is the immature one?

not saying they are going to make a change, but it's the step in the right direction. yeah We all already know Trump is immature. There is a door open, and an opportunity. why waste it? The warriors are the ones that started whining about it months back. I bet if the Warriors came out & said as a whole they would be coming then i bet Trump would change his mind. i mean he's been pretty much predictable on that front.

sure they may not been able to change his mindset, but we don't know. say curry and trump had one hell of a heart to heart and something positive came from it. Curry is a big christian and all so who knows what may have happened if they broke bread. If he's such a big God loving man then he should know better. All i am saying is you have an opportunity to sit down and voice your opinion and express your views in a mature manner, and do so with the president? not a lot of people get that opportunity.

i'm just making it sound like that they threw away an opportunity, and they did. months ago they start talking about it. you can't tell me these athletes who want to make changes are going about it the right way. Floyd Mayweather nailed it the other day calling out the BS on athletes. i really do think if the core or just say a Kerr & Curry sat down and talked with him maybe something changes in them all. Then there is a success and positive action. baby steps man baby steps. maybe 'm old school, maybe it's the military in me, maybe it's how i was brought up. I just think it's immature. I would love the opportunity to sit down with the president and discuss issues, and to share my beliefs. but to not do so...meh wtf does that do? not a positive step in any direction.
See what trump is about? You still are wondering what he is about?

This guy quick to trample over black athletes expressing their opinions, but needed time to think about the charolettesville protest. Where a woman lost her life and her mother also refused to talk with the president.

I'm happy we aren't going. It's a form of protest. Actions can speak louder than words.
Great article that highlights how Curry is still under appreciated. His gravity is stronger than any player in the NBA, bar none. he absolutely makes the game easier for every other Warrior player by drawing so much attention. The threat of the trey makes teams do strange things on defense.

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2017/9/22/16341440/nba-finals-2017-warriors-durant-curry-most-valuable-player

You're very naive if you think that was remotely possible.

Man fcuk all that
Pretty disappointed in Steph. It would be a great sign of American unity if the dubs went to the White House. Right now the country is sickeningly divided and polarized; it would be tremendous if they went..would mean a lot.. This is something that Kerr highlighted as well if they went, but it sounds like the players are letting their emotions get the best of them.

Smh you serious?
I think they all made up their minds after the charlottesville incident that they weren't gonna go

Like speaking to that egomaniac face to face would help anything anyway
Originally posted by SFrush:

No just keeping a door open. Naive is already assuming, assuming nothing can change, already giving into the fact nothing can be done?
I would love the chance to sit down with this clown and talk. You don't know until you try. Not trying not doing anything.... that's naive. Assuming he won't change his stance or view? Lmfao this is Trump we are talking about. He's already shown us he can change his viewpoints.
These people have voices... what was said between Trump and Kanye that changed Kanye's view? Just saying you don't know until you try.
I think many athletes actually think they are making things better. I would encourage them and all Americans to utilize their influence to truly bring people together and not be manipulated into doing the opposite under the guise of unity.

No just keeping a door open. Naive is already assuming, assuming nothing can change, already giving into the fact nothing can be done?
I would love the chance to sit down with this clown and talk. You don't know until you try. Not trying not doing anything.... that's naive. Assuming he won't change his stance or view? Lmfao this is Trump we are talking about. He's already shown us he can change his viewpoints.
These people have voices... what was said between Trump and Kanye that changed Kanye's view? Just saying you don't know until you try.
I think many athletes actually think they are making things better. I would encourage them and all Americans to utilize their influence to truly bring people together and not be manipulated into doing the opposite under the guise of unity.

smh There are a list of subjects/topics you aren't even allowed to discuss with the president when you visit the white house. Naive is thinking Trump would even be a willing listener in that setting.
I agree too. It would've sent a good message throughout the sports world too.

THIS. Very disappointed in Steph.
smh There are a list of subjects/topics you aren't even allowed to discuss with the president when you visit the white house. Naive is thinking Trump would even be a willing listener in that setting.

I think its hilarious to think Donald Trump would give any of these players any time at all to discuss political or social issues. They would be there for a very limited time to take some pictures and smile for the camera.
THIS. Very disappointed in Steph.

Lol
Steve Kerr to Trump: "Isn't it you who must honor the White House, Mr. President?"-

"I've been fortunate enough to meet President Reagan, both Bushes, Clinton, and Obama. I didn't agree with all of them, but it was easy to set politics aside because each possessed an inherent respect for the office, as well as the humility that comes with being a public servant in an incredible position of power, representing 300 million people. And that's the problem now. In his tweet to Steph, Trump talked about honoring the White House but, really, isn't it you who must honor the White House, Mr. President? And the way to do that is through compassion and dignity and being above the fray. Not causing the fray.
Instead, we get Trump's comments over the weekend about NFL players, calling them 'sons of b***hes' for kneeling during the anthem. Those just crushed me. Crushed me. Just think about what those players are protesting. They're protesting excessive police violence and racial inequality. Those are really good things to fight against. And they're doing it in a nonviolent way. Which is everything that Martin Luther King preached, right? A lot of American military members will tell you that the right to free speech is exactly what they fight for. And it's just really, really upsetting that the leader of our country is calling for these players to be 'fired.'

Remember, the president works for us, not vice versa. We elected him. He doesn't just work for his constituents and his base. He works for every citizen. Once you take that office, you have to do what's best for the entire country. Sure, you're going to have policies that align with your party, but that's not the point. Respectfully, Mr. Trump, the point is this: You're the president. You represent all of us. Don't divide us."

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/24/steve-kerr-to-trump-isnt-it-you-who-must-honor-the-white-house-mr-president/
Share 49ersWebzone