Breaking49ers place wide receiver Marquise Goodwin on injured reserve, announce other roster moves

There are 213 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh: Still the same warm, friendly guy.

Originally posted by TheRambler:
And for those looking at the fact that Michigan is a national title contender this year... its because their defense may potentially be the best in CFB this year. They still have major questions offensively, especially at QB and WR... sound familiar????

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-why-michigan-could-have-college-footballs-best-defense-in-2016/

What are you talking about?

Michigan returns their 2 top WRs who are now seniors (Cheson and Darboh). They also return Jake Butt who is probably the nation's top TE.

As far as the QB position, nobody knows how Speight or O'Korn will do.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
And for those looking at the fact that Michigan is a national title contender this year... its because their defense may potentially be the best in CFB this year. They still have major questions offensively, especially at QB and WR... sound familiar????

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-why-michigan-could-have-college-footballs-best-defense-in-2016/

Michigan returns their 2 top WRs who are now seniors (Cheson and Darboh). They also return Jake Butt who is probably the nation's top TE.

Not impressed with either receiver. Butt is good.

You would like the man Butt
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Cheson is pretty good imo.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Lol ok lmao I'm done with internet today

My dude SoCold probably jacked it to this photo like 400 times since you posted it.
Damn, last time i heard from Rome was his ESPN days. I forgot the guy existed.

Did Baalke draft a bunch of crap receivers for UM too? Any ties would be purely coincidental since it's only year 2 of JH's reign and players don't develop overnight. Other than style of play were you know he's going to play power run and possession football. Talent wise it's still mostly Hoke's recruits.

Agreed with the people saying this thread is just butt hutt. OMG he's unfriendly to media because that's what I look for in a coach.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM ]
They have a good team this year, but brutal conference schedule. @ Mich State, @ Iowa, @ Ohio State.

If Harbaugh can get the team to 10 wins, will be a big turning point for the program. Will be the first time since 97-98 that Michigan had back-to-back 10 win seasons.

If he stumbles, his tenure may simply resemble Brady Hoke's tenure (who also had a great 1st season and some great recruits).

Even as a Harbaugh fan I agree with this. Charlie Weiss comes to mind as well. Progression is always needed.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

LULZ What tha phuck
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
for real that pic is from last year

that's like 10 years in internet years

lol
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MuggD:
What did he say about Rome. I remember back in the day he called into Romes show at one point.

Rome trashed him for "storming" out. Harbaugh trashed Rome back on Twitter bringing Everett pushing him over back in the day. Rome ripped him hard again.

This is my favorite comment to Harbaughs tweet:

"@CoachJim4UM Rome may not have been built in a day, but Rome was most definitely just destroyed in a single tweet."

LOL. I like Rome and love Harbaugh. I'm not taking a particular side. It was pretty immature of Harbaugh to rip him on Twitter, but I enjoyed it on some level. Rome's criticisms of Harbaugh were pretty fair, but I don't think the press conference was a big deal at all.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They have a good team this year, but brutal conference schedule. @ Mich State, @ Iowa, @ Ohio State.

If Harbaugh can get the team to 10 wins, will be a big turning point for the program. Will be the first time since 97-98 that Michigan had back-to-back 10 win seasons.

If he stumbles, his tenure may simply resemble Brady Hoke's tenure (who also had a great 1st season and some great recruits).

Even as a Harbaugh fan I agree with this. Charlie Weiss comes to mind as well. Progression is always needed.

Exactly. I like Harbaugh and he did a great job at USD, Stanford and the 49ers. But Michigan is a new job and he hasn't proven, yet, that he can build a perennial national contender at the college level. Although his 2010 team might have been able to pull of a championship in a 4 team playoff format, round 1 of playoffs that year would have been Luck v. Newton
Share 49erswebzone