Jim Harbaugh: Still the same warm, friendly guy.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
huh? What am I over reacting about?

Brady Hoke had a great first season, and then won 8 games the next season and things went south from there.

Its not uncommon for a new coach to take over a team in CFB and in their 1st year have success with the other past coache's players. And then as they recruit their teams actually do worse. Its a myth that coaches need "their own players" to really succeed.

Urban Meyer took over a team he didn't recruit at Ohio State and kicked ass from the get-go.

I'm a supporter of Harbaugh, but I'm also not stupid. One year success isn't impressive. Its consistent success that matters. If he stumbles in year 2, his program will lose momentum, he will lose out on some big recruits and it will impact the program. Back-to-back 10 year seasons on the other hand rises the program to becoming a perennial contender.

Harbaugh inherited a team that was pretty talented but under performed big time, Hoke had some great recruiting classes. Its not like Harbs took over Eastern Michigan or something.

You are putting Harbaugh, who has had great success in the NFL and college (Stanford) in the same boat as Hoke? I mean, you can make that case with almost any team and new hire if you wanted. I think Harbaugh has proved to be a good coach. I am pretty sure he gets more than 2-3 years to decide if he is just another Brady Hoke.

I agree its tough because he has to play Ohio State and Michigan State though. But hell, he has MSU beat last year if it wasn't for an incredible play at the end of the game.

TLDR - basically even if he wins 9 games this year, you can't label him Hoke.

He has definitely proven to be a good coach. He has also definitely proven that he's not a great coach. And I don't think he'll be considered a great coach until he can actually win a title. Something he has yet to do at any stop in his career.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I don't know what Michigan is thinking, they could have mutually parted ways with Harbaugh and hired Tomsula

Michigan only raises Championship banners, not Bowl games.

Have not been National Champions in nearly 20 years and haven't even been Conference Champions in nearly 10 years. They have been reduced to being Ohio State and Michigan States b***hes as of late.

any one know where Tomsula is?

the guy we replaced Harbaugh with?

Jed maybe?
I don't know what Michigan is thinking, they could have mutually parted ways with Harbaugh and hired Tomsula

Have not been National Champions in nearly 20 years and haven't even been Conference Champions in nearly 10 years. They have been reduced to being Ohio State and Michigan States b***hes as of late.

Jed maybe?

He's living in sin with Joan from payroll
Originally posted by dj43:
...not.

Three Michigan players are being disciplined for unknown reasons. When Harbaugh was asked to explain what happened and how it was being handled, his short fuse burned through and he stormed out of the presser.

His "shelf life" is being challenged already. Gotta love a guy that just doesn't learn his lessons about the importance of positive relations with the media.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michigan/jim-harbaugh-leaves-press-conference

I do love him and wish he was still here. Tomsula's first press conference was about as refreshing as his first season as HC.

It looks more like Harbaugh strolled out than stormed out.
...not.

Three Michigan players are being disciplined for unknown reasons. When Harbaugh was asked to explain what happened and how it was being handled, his short fuse burned through and he stormed out of the presser.

His "shelf life" is being challenged already. Gotta love a guy that just doesn't learn his lessons about the importance of positive relations with the media.

Originally posted by TheRambler:
I lol'ed when Jim Rome pwned him

Jim Rome hasn't pwned anyone since the days when people used the term pwned.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

lol

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Jed maybe?

He's living in sin with Joan from payroll

is Joan ok?

is she hot?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
...not.

Lol this

pwned!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4ML:
...not.

Lol this

pwned!

fake. and ghey.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He has definitely proven to be a good coach. He has also definitely proven that he's not a great coach. And I don't think he'll be considered a great coach until he can actually win a title. Something he has yet to do at any stop in his career.

THIS TIMES INFINITY
you mean Ohio State guys roast Harbaugh? I never would have guessed. lol. I wonder if SF fans roast Pete Carroll?

I am not a Harbaugh guy, but you guys crack me up. Dude is immature as f**k, but the dude wins.

Niner (and UCLA) fans hate Pete Carroll, but never, ever, question his ability to coach.
[ Edited by TheRambler on Aug 19, 2016 at 2:55 PM ]
And for those looking at the fact that Michigan is a national title contender this year... its because their defense may potentially be the best in CFB this year. They still have major questions offensively, especially at QB and WR... sound familiar????

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-why-michigan-could-have-college-footballs-best-defense-in-2016/
[ Edited by TheRambler on Aug 19, 2016 at 4:14 PM ]
you mean Ohio State guys roast Harbaugh? I never would have guessed. lol. I wonder if SF fans roast Pete Carroll?

I am not a Harbaugh guy, but you guys crack me up. Dude is immature as f**k, but the dude wins.

Niner (and UCLA) fans hate Pete Carroll, but never, ever, question his ability to coach.

Share 49erswebzone