LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

2016 Rio Summer Olympics thread

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I am hoping for another olympic controversy. Still remember Roy Jones Jr getting screwed out of the gold in South Korea.

This is still one of the worst inside screw jobs of all time. This is one of those judgement decisions that even someone that is a total homer for their country had to be embarrassed about. I can't imagine a single person that watched this fight did not think Jones won going away in the most dominating fashion possible, besides a knockout ... except for the judges. But they didn't think it either. They were paid or influenced in some regard, probably both.

The Holyfield screw job in 1984 was pretty bad, too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Russia might get their whole team booted out of the Olympics as details emerge of a complex doping program that was ran by the Ministry of Sport. WADA is recommending banning all Russians from Olympic events.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/36823453

Russia operated a state-sponsored doping programme for four years across the "vast majority" of summer and winter Olympic sports, claims a new report.

It was "planned and operated" from late 2011 - including the build-up to London 2012 - and continued through the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics until August 2015.

An investigation commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) says Russia's sports ministry "directed, controlled and oversaw" manipulation of urine samples provided by its athletes.

It says Russian athletes benefited from what the report called the "Disappearing Positive Methodology", whereby positive doping samples would go missing.

International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Thomas Bach described the commission's findings as a "shocking and unprecedented attack on the integrity of sport and on the Olympic Games" and pledged to enforce the "toughest sanctions available" against those implicated.

The IOC will decide on Tuesday about any "provisional measures and sanctions" for the Rio Olympics, which start on 5 August.

it only applies to track and field.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Rio should be ashamed of not cleaning up what it promised it would when it got the Olympics.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Russia might get their whole team booted out of the Olympics as details emerge of a complex doping program that was ran by the Ministry of Sport. WADA is recommending banning all Russians from Olympic events.

Russia operated a state-sponsored doping programme for four years across the "vast majority" of summer and winter Olympic sports, claims a new report.

It was "planned and operated" from late 2011 - including the build-up to London 2012 - and continued through the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics until August 2015.

An investigation commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) says Russia's sports ministry "directed, controlled and oversaw" manipulation of urine samples provided by its athletes.

It says Russian athletes benefited from what the report called the "Disappearing Positive Methodology", whereby positive doping samples would go missing.

International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Thomas Bach described the commission's findings as a "shocking and unprecedented attack on the integrity of sport and on the Olympic Games" and pledged to enforce the "toughest sanctions available" against those implicated.

The IOC will decide on Tuesday about any "provisional measures and sanctions" for the Rio Olympics, which start on 5 August.

That simply isn't true.
Lol not banned
Originally posted by mayo49:
Rio should be ashamed of not cleaning up what it promised it would when it got the Olympics.

The economy tanked, and they have no money. When they bid the economy was good. Things can change, and they did.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by mayo49:

The economy tanked, and they have no money. When they bid the economy was good. Things can change, and they did.

Nobody said they had to bid on the 2014 world cup and the 2016 summer games
Olympic village maybe worse than what we saw in Sochi:

http://deadspin.com/rio-olympics-athletes-village-declared-uninhabitable-1784219622
  • Jiks
Rio mayor responds to Team #Australiacriticism of athletes' village by offering to "put a Kangaroo there to make them feel at home"#Rio2016

This is gonna be a train wreck.
This is the first summer games i give no f**ks about

Originally posted by valrod33:
This is the first summer games i give no f**ks about

On the contrary for me. I can't wait to see what kind of horrific s**t comes from this mess. I'm pissed I'll be in a forrest for the start of it all and won't be able to see it unfold. I'm hoping to get back to civilization and see and hear nothing but horror stories. lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:
Rio mayor responds to Team #Australiacriticism of athletes' village by offering to "put a Kangaroo there to make them feel at home"#Rio2016

http://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/jason-lee-kidnapping-brazil-policia-militar-turn-up-at-new-zealand-athletes-apartment-after-accusation/news-story/351c83fe411eedc70247fc4f7376c282

Fun and Games
Originally posted by 4x4niner:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/john-coates-branded-russia-rotten-to-the-core-so-how-have-they-been-allowed-to-compete-at-rio/news-story/663a87fa0656079605edd043bb41e6e2
Originally posted by Jiks:
Rio mayor responds to Team #Australiacriticism of athletes' village by offering to "put a Kangaroo there to make them feel at home"#Rio2016

If i see a kanga in the village, i'd shoot it, skin it and cut it up for a bbq, and invite everyone for beers, not fosters.
Share 49ersWebzone