LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

2016 NBA Draft Thread

• Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Lol magic

Oladipo must have some major demons. I see no point to that trade for them.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Homer:
Lol magic

Addressing their biggest need (someone to protect the rim) could be a point.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think the Magic are going to try to bring back Howard.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Not gonna happen. Vucevic is the starter. His biggest issue was his defense. One of the better offensive centers in the game, but his inability to protect the paint is his issue. THAT is why Ibaka was brought in. They're gonna have a pretty big starting 5 w/ Gordon-Ibaka-Vucevic at the 3-4-5. Hell, they'd start Ibaka at C before Howard comes back. I hope the focus now is looking for a premier guard to help solidify the frountcourt. They have the $ to bring in someone pretty solid.

Payton?
?
Gordon
Ibaka
Vucevic
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 26, 2016 at 1:00 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Not gonna happen. Vucevic is the starter. His biggest issue was his defense. One of the better offensive centers in the game, but his inability to protect the paint is his issue. THAT is why Ibaka was brought in. They're gonna have a pretty big starting 5 w/ Gordon-Ibaka-Vucevic at the 3-4-5. Hell, they'd start Ibaka at C before Howard comes back. I hope the focus now is looking for a premier guard to help solidify the frountcourt. They have the $ to bring in someone pretty solid.

Payton?
?
Gordon
Ibaka
Vucevic

Sounds good, you sound well informed. I thought they might be thinking Howard as an upgrade, but I didn't know Vucevic was entrenched as the starter there.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 26, 2016 at 1:24 AM ]

Payton?
?
Gordon
Ibaka
Vucevic

Sounds good, you sound well informed. I thought they might be thinking Howard as an upgrade, but I didn't know Vucevic was entrenched as the starter there.

He also said there was zero chance howard would leave to the Lakers, so take that for what it's worth. lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Big Magic fan. Not sure how Howard is an upgrade. Vucevic is a top C in the league.

If I was to replace Vucevic, I would go with Whiteside, not Howard.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He also said there was zero chance howard would leave to the Lakers, so take that for what it's worth. lol

Did I?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Big Magic fan. Not sure how Howard is an upgrade. Vucevic is a top C in the league.

I haven't watched much of Vucevic, I figured he was just another stiff Euro center.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I haven't watched much of Vucevic, I figured he was just another stiff Euro center.

Not at all.

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 26, 2016 at 2:02 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
He looks good, jrg.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
He looks good, jrg.

Defense is his biggest issue. He is pretty solid on the offensive side of the ball. His issue is controlling the paint/rim. Ibaka will be a nice addition next to him. I feel the Magic were the losers in the Ibaka/Oladipo trade (talent wise), but I'm optimistic due to the aggressive mindset in FA to replace Oladipo.

All part of the plan
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 26, 2016 at 2:20 AM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran

Just seems like they gave up more than they got. Ibaka has been regressing. Were you disappointed with Oladipo? Maybe I'm just overrating him because of how good he was in college/where he was drafted. I figured he'd be damn near untouchable.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cousin-top-nba-pick-ben-simmons-killed-hit-and-run-n-article-1.2688145

that sucks
Originally posted by Homer:
Lol magic

I am baffled at the perception of the trade. While I can understand why the Thunder would do it (salary CAP, and get something for Ibaka when they could not afford him next off season), Ibaka is far and away the best player in this trade IMO. The Magic got a lot better with this move. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Thunder got fleeced. But to just assume they got the better of this deal is REALLY jumping the gun. Ilyasova may be a throw away (even if he isn't he is not elite), and Sabonis has yet to play minute one in the NBA. So if you look at this as a Olipido for Ibaka deal, it is heavily in the Magic favor.

What am I missing here?
Share 49ersWebzone