LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/what-49ers-really-thought-of-jarryd-hayne-his-running-backs-coachs-brutally-honest-revelation/news-story/4610f6d1736d0593c71499530ff44b02

Does this make Rathman a hater too.

Hardly. It was ok to be sceptical the way Rathman and other's were. However, at the end of the day guys like Rathman did not give up on Hayne and were still backing him for year two.

Hayne gave up on himself. He is weak psychologically.

The 49ers deserve credit for giving Hayne a shot and sticking to the project. Hayne deserve nothing but a bullocking for being a weak minded individual who is a quitter. Shame on him.

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

His back flipping on previous statements and now poor excuses makes a mockery of the efforts some these coaches went to give him a crack.

I have turned in to a hater of his words and decisions but not the man. He is just delusional.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Hardly. It was ok to be sceptical the way Rathman and other's were. However, at the end of the day guys like Rathman did not give up on Hayne and were still backing him for year two.

The 49ers deserve credit for giving Hayne a shot and sticking to the project. Hayne deserve nothing but a bullocking for being a weak minded individual who is a quitter. Shame on him.

I thought he showed glimpses of potential to be good
It's the quitting just after talking up how well the training is going followed by lame excuses
Not the Aussie way mate
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Admit it, you are a closet Hayne Fanboy Rabbits
[ Edited by Goatie on Jul 30, 2016 at 1:11 AM ]
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Duty of care
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/what-49ers-really-thought-of-jarryd-hayne-his-running-backs-coachs-brutally-honest-revelation/news-story/4610f6d1736d0593c71499530ff44b02

Does this make Rathman a hater too.

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

His back flipping on previous statements and now poor excuses makes a mockery of the efforts some these coaches went to give him a crack.

I have turned in to a hater of his words and decisions but not the man. He is just delusional.

I seem to recall copping a bit of curry for daring to give the Niners credit for their dealings with Hayne back around 6 or 8 months ago.

But seriously, the Niners organisation definitely deserves credit for demonstrating clear interest and commitment to him becoming a contributor right from day one. The only team to offer guaranteed money, giving him every chance to get a feel in preseason, starting him week one in regular season, the amount of snaps he got on O and D whilst on the PS, Trent and Chip looking forward to seeing what he could bring this year despite his year one struggles...

Anyhow, looking at that linked article, the thing that pops out at me is his words seem to suggest that the limited game time came as a surprise. I mean, the guy is a pro sportsman who purportedly had a long term interest in the NFL yet he speaks as though he had no idea that some players may spend very little time on the field. Seriously? Even a casual fan can spot that in a second and was a topic of discussion amongst us very early on. Either he's ignorant or he truly believed he was going to be a revelation to the NFL and be on the field a heap. As you say Rabs, delusional.

With that said, Hayne as a Niner (and Hayne related butting of heads here during his tenure) is history for me. Bring on the new season!
Originally posted by Zealot:
I seem to recall copping a bit of curry for daring to give the Niners credit for their dealings with Hayne back around 6 or 8 months ago.

But seriously, the Niners organisation definitely deserves credit for demonstrating clear interest and commitment to him becoming a contributor right from day one. The only team to offer guaranteed money, giving him every chance to get a feel in preseason, starting him week one in regular season, the amount of snaps he got on O and D whilst on the PS, Trent and Chip looking forward to seeing what he could bring this year despite his year one struggles...

Anyhow, looking at that linked article, the thing that pops out at me is his words seem to suggest that the limited game time came as a surprise. I mean, the guy is a pro sportsman who purportedly had a long term interest in the NFL yet he speaks as though he had no idea that some players may spend very little time on the field. Seriously? Even a casual fan can spot that in a second and was a topic of discussion amongst us very early on. Either he's ignorant or he truly believed he was going to be a revelation to the NFL and be on the field a heap. As you say Rabs, delusional.

With that said, Hayne as a Niner (and Hayne related butting of heads here during his tenure) is history for me. Bring on the new season!

You were dead right mate. As it turns out he is a true show pony that acted like a princess. Playing too much Madden has given him an unrealistic impression of the game.

Problem was they should have seen that he was good at ad lib transitioning to a game that has zero tolerance for play book ignorance. The Seachooks might have been the best place for him.

On with the niners season. For us there is still Blake Muir who could shape up as roughy since he has real explosiveness and experience and could excel in chips schemes. I am so glad he has come in under the radar and earned his place even if he doesn't make the cut.

And then there is Adam Gotsis over at the Broncos who is a real contender.
He can save his faith and his soul by crawling back to niners headquarters and beg kelly and dork while grovelling on his knees, that is what he should do, and then can we forgive him and tell him to f**k off.
Yep, there's a few to watch and hopefully more to come in future.
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
He can save his faith and his soul by crawling back to niners headquarters and beg kelly and dork while grovelling on his knees, that is what he should do, and then can we forgive him and tell him to f**k off.

Originally posted by SoCold:
I thought it was funny he blamed the NFL for not having a "minor league" or he'd still be playing?

There are many other options to play football outside of the NFL. There's semi pro leagues in pretty much every region of the States. Indoor league and Canada. If dude really wanted to keep playing football he could have. Don't give these excuses. lol

Exactly SC... Okoye stuck with the 49ers for two / three seasons, even though he never saw the field. He then headed to Arizona / New York in 2015 & is now with Dallas. I just don't see what the hell Hayne is complaining about?

Imo Okoye is the type of guy that really wants to play fb while Hayne is the type that wants the glory.

• JoNeo
  • Veteran
Going to be a permanant stain on a fairly impressive sporting career.Attitude is everything/so is public perception
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-union/twitter-takes-a-swipe-at-hayne-after-fijian-success-in-rio/ar-BBvwIop?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartanntp
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-union/twitter-takes-a-swipe-at-hayne-after-fijian-success-in-rio/ar-BBvwIop?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartanntp

How in the world could Hayne think that this had any upside. Even if he was part of the olympic victory he would always be remembered for stealing an undeserved spot. He is either incredibly stupid, a total glory hound or heavily influenced by his minders who want a piece of the money pie.

Personally I think he is in it for the $/Glory and really thinks he is gods gift to anyone he dreams of playing for.

The humble interview style is a ruse. He never makes eye contact and is always looking away from who he is talking to.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Not only he would take a spot, I'll deserved from another more deserving, he would throw shade on the team as well.

butte other factor was his market value to an Australian Ruby team topped up by the ARU was non existent as he could not play in the national team after playing for Fiji. Wallabies said as much.

Seriously ill informed stupid decision making by his advisors and himself for listening
It's too bad, I guess his NFL dream wasn't really a dream at all, but just a curiosity. At least he wasn't being counted on, like when the team counted on Borland just before he quit. BTW, the worlds most famous quitter is running a marathon for former NFL players. Hope he doesn't quit that too...

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Ex-49er-Borland-running-to-help-ex-NFL-players-9141287.php
[ Edited by vermonator on Aug 14, 2016 at 6:08 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone