LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by tushdaun:
I was spot on, Hayne confirms that he really left the NFL because he was simply bored to tears of the NFL due to the little amount of time they spend on the field.

Jarryd Hayne talks NFL venture, lack of game time and Fijian rugby scouting

Hayne quit because he was bored to tears of the NFL. The Olympics 7's thing was just good PR, because it wouldn't help the 9ers or his own image if he made a statement to say that he was bored to tears of the NFL.

It is a good decision to switch back to league now or to have a European adventure in European rugby before he loses his skills.

I think Hayne will be happy to just train with the Fijians for a few weeks and then go to the Olympics as part of the Fijian cheer squad because he is very unlikely to make the squad at such late notice. He doesn't even know the rugby rules yet and he doesn't have the fitness yet or the rugby 7's game sense to be in the 12 man squad ahead of some of their gun 7's players.

Here's a novel idea: don't fumble 20 times and you won't be buried on the depth chart. This dude is such a lying whiner.
NAH NOT CONVINCING ME AT ALL, SHOULDVE STUCK IT OUT THIS SEASON AND THEN WILL KNOW IF HE COULD BRING IT OR NOT AT THE END OF THE 2016-17 SEASON
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Here's a novel idea: don't fumble 20 times and you won't be buried on the depth chart. This dude is such a lying whiner.

I can't argue with that analysis.

Tushdaun, the thing is why didn't Hayne just come clean and say that in the first place and leave with dignity instead of spruking the, "I had a dream" Bull crap? No one bought it. I think it is more like Hayne read this forum and thought your explanation was a better excuse then the ones he had uttered before and hence adopted your analysis, but props to you anyway for thinking of it first.

Hayne still turned out to be a mug because he did not come clean with his fans.
Agree totally. The guy is just a show pony that expected to walk in to the NFL and get automatic cred. Goes against every bs quote he made last season.

To me he just looked at the odds of making the squad and his lack of commitment and then asked himself how he could back track and keep his earnings high.

Along comes the Olympics..... He is only kidding himself.
I was spot on, Hayne confirms that he really left the NFL because he was simply bored to tears of the NFL due to the little amount of time they spend on the field.

Jarryd Hayne talks NFL venture, lack of game time and Fijian rugby scouting

Hayne quit because he was bored to tears of the NFL. The Olympics 7's thing was just good PR, because it wouldn't help the 9ers or his own image if he made a statement to say that he was bored to tears of the NFL.

It is a good decision to switch back to league now or to have a European adventure in European rugby before he loses his skills.

I think Hayne will be happy to just train with the Fijians for a few weeks and then go to the Olympics as part of the Fijian cheer squad because he is very unlikely to make the squad at such late notice. He doesn't even know the rugby rules yet and he doesn't have the fitness yet or the rugby 7's game sense to be in the 12 man squad ahead of some of their gun 7's players.

This x a lot. If he had said, "I wasn't satisfied with the game time I was getting but I only have my own performances to blame", that would be fair enough. But to suggest the game somehow failed him rather than the other way around seems pretty arrogant.
Originally posted by Goatie:

Tushdaun, the thing is why didn't Hayne just come clean and say that in the first place and leave with dignity instead of spruking the, "I had a dream" Bull crap? No one bought it. I think it is more like Hayne read this forum and thought your explanation was a better excuse then the ones he had uttered before and hence adopted your analysis, but props to you anyway for thinking of it first.

Definite mug.

Boredom due to not engaging properly in the whole NFL process.

With that attitude he was always going to be a Rugby League player who had a go at NFL and never a GENUINE NFL player.

And that is what the detractors feared in the first place. I was blinded and bought in to the vision and enormous possibilities.....only to find out that that was MY vision and not Haynes.
What is the meathead up to these day?
Originally posted by Zealot:
This x a lot. If he had said, "I wasn't satisfied with the game time I was getting but I only have my own performances to blame", that would be fair enough. But to suggest the game somehow failed him rather than the other way around seems pretty arrogant.

Yeah mate. He is just making it even worse now. I still see his tweets to current 49ers players and it is just hollow crap. Those guys must wonder what all the hype was for. Made the 49ers player management look even dumber. We are all pretty sick and tired of the saga.
At least we are left with a team to follow in the NFL.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

French Rugby is the latest talk. But he is still doing NOTHING sitting on his couch at home (Sydney Australia)
I wonder if they will trot him out for the NCAA opener in Sydney? He was at the launch announcement.

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He is pushing his barrow around trying to find some home to take him but me thinks his market value has dwindled far more than his ego can accept. He should have stuck with the 49ers and shown some commitment and kept going till pushed then at least he could say he gave it his best, which it is clear now he did not. Very unAustralian to be a quitter.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
NAH NOT CONVINCING ME AT ALL, SHOULDVE STUCK IT OUT THIS SEASON AND THEN WILL KNOW IF HE COULD BRING IT OR NOT AT THE END OF THE 2016-17 SEASON

200% 4by
This is the single most thing I cannot accept
From a (professional, world class athlete)
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:

Yes Goatie. And the worst part of this is that he really looked a chance to go well
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

Yeah mate. He is just making it even worse now. I still see his tweets to current 49ers players and it is just hollow crap. Those guys must wonder what all the hype was for. Made the 49ers player management look even dumber. We are all pretty sick and tired of the saga.
At least we are left with a team to follow in the NFL.

Yeah Rabs, also agree with this...

Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Agree totally. The guy is just a show pony that expected to walk in to the NFL and get automatic cred. Goes against every bs quote he made last season.

To me he just looked at the odds of making the squad and his lack of commitment and then asked himself how he could back track and keep his earnings high.

Along comes the Olympics..... He is only kidding himself.

He couldn't be number 1 and cherry pick what he felt like doing at training anymore. The going got tough so Hayne got going. Right out of the league.
[ Edited by Zealot on Jul 28, 2016 at 4:28 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

He couldn't be number 1 and cherry pick what he felt like doing at training anymore. The going got tough so Hayne got going. Right out of the league.

Share 49ersWebzone