LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

UCONN Women's Basketball

Here is my thoughts, and I think you should pay attention to these powerful thoughts.

a. It is impressive. You are watching history. Arguably the most dominating teams ever.

b. I'm over it. There isn't a lot of competition. He gets the best players to go there because they know they will win. Geno Auriemma wants/will get some nods as one of the best coaches ever but I am not buying it. Damn good coach, but damn...take a risk. Go coach the men or something.

In summary, meh. When the competition is good, women's basketball can be fun to watch because they rely on fundamentals. It isn't flashy with dunks, just solid team basketball. But it really isn't fun to watch UCONN destroy a team by 15.

If you look at the vegas line, it shows it is a joke. You have to bet a $1 Million to win $40,000. There is zero competition.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Mar 29, 2016 at 8:32 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Isn't there some HS football team that's won like 100 games in a row? It's about that exciting to me.
I have a friend that follows Futbol in Europe, I tell him about the NFL and he says it's a waste of time. He's bored at the sight of it.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I have a friend that follows Futbol in Europe, I tell him about the NFL and he says it's a waste of time. He's bored at the sight of it.

I feel the same with soccer. So no hard feelings.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Here is my thoughts, and I think you should pay attention to these powerful thoughts.

a. It is impressive. You are watching history. Arguably the most dominating teams ever.

b. I'm over it. There isn't a lot of competition. He gets the best players to go there because they know they will win. Geno Auriemma wants/will get some nods as one of the best coaches ever but I am not buying it. Damn good coach, but damn...take a risk. Go coach the men or something.

In summary, meh. When the competition is good, women's basketball can be fun to watch because they rely on fundamentals. It isn't flashy with dunks, just solid team basketball. But it really isn't fun to watch UCONN destroy a team by 15.

If you look at the vegas line, it shows it is a joke. You have to bet a $1 Million to win $40,000. There is zero competition.

Good post Rubber.

I admit I don't enjoy women's basketball because of the lack of explosive plays. Although, this streak is impressive. I think Scott Van Pelt mentioned last night you have to be $63k to win $100 or something insane.

In regards to the level of competition, women's NCAA is the cream of the crop right? So , relatively speaking, how can we say the rest of the country provides no competition? Maybe the system for UCONN is just SO superior it makes it seem that way? Or am I way off?

Also, it would be interesting to see if this coach got respect in the men's game...
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Im just bout as impressed with this as im impressed with my 10-20 year reigns of supremacy in multiple editions of NCAA football dynasty mode. And unlike Geno Ive taken multiple lower division schools to the promised land.
Originally posted by Antix:
Im just bout as impressed with this as im impressed with my 10-20 year reigns of supremacy in multiple editions of NCAA football dynasty mode. And unlike Geno Ive taken multiple lower division schools to the promised land.

They really need to bring this game back
100 straight, the sports mind can't comprehend this. Sure many don't follow Women's basketball, or have never allowed themselves to. To watch the unselfish quality of play and the precision Geno has instilled over the years makes this an experience for the ages. If you want to see something that you'll never witness again, tune in and watch them go for 5 NCAA Championships.
lol womens lesboball
bye, bye!

As fans sometimes we forget winning and losing are part off the same coin. Thanks for a great ride Geno..............and it's not over yet.
Share 49ersWebzone