Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
  1. Mays
  2. Posey
  3. Lincecum
  4. Bumgarner
  5. McCovey and Will the Thrill tied

Im curious to know what puts Lincecum over Bumgarner in your book?

Lincecum started off like such a legend, but the last 5 years hes struggled so badly, it hurt his legacy. Watching him go from the best pitcher in the game, to getting booted out of the rotation multiple times was hard to watch.

I think hes going to become the most accomplished pitcher to not be in the Hall of Fame. Its weird that him and Koufax are the only pitchers in history to have 2+ rings, 2+ CY awards, and 2+ no-hitters, but I dont think Lincecum has any shot at the Hall.

Simple. He was the star of the 2010 team that finally ended my misery as a Giants fan. He was the best pitcher in baseball and a rock star in SF. I dont know if Bum will ever become as popular as Timmy was in his prime years. But I did put them 3-4. Not like its much of a difference.

Fair enough. Timmy lost some credibility with me during the following years where he basically told his dad to get lost, and his mechanics suffered. Age had its part in his downfall, but I cant help but thinking it was no coincidence that he dropped off after he stopped working with his dad.
  1. Mays
  2. Posey
  3. Lincecum
  4. Bumgarner
  5. McCovey and Will the Thrill tied

Im curious to know what puts Lincecum over Bumgarner in your book?

Lincecum started off like such a legend, but the last 5 years hes struggled so badly, it hurt his legacy. Watching him go from the best pitcher in the game, to getting booted out of the rotation multiple times was hard to watch.

I think hes going to become the most accomplished pitcher to not be in the Hall of Fame. Its weird that him and Koufax are the only pitchers in history to have 2+ rings, 2+ CY awards, and 2+ no-hitters, but I dont think Lincecum has any shot at the Hall.

Simple. He was the star of the 2010 team that finally ended my misery as a Giants fan. He was the best pitcher in baseball and a rock star in SF. I dont know if Bum will ever become as popular as Timmy was in his prime years. But I did put them 3-4. Not like its much of a difference.

Fair enough. Timmy lost some credibility with me during the following years where he basically told his dad to get lost, and his mechanics suffered. Age had its part in his downfall, but I cant help but thinking it was no coincidence that he dropped off after he stopped working with his dad.

Didnt know about his dad, gotta always put family first, karma is a bish
clark
bonds
posey

gotta think about the last two
1. Barry Bonds
2. Buster Pose
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Will Clark
5. Kevin Mitchell
Gotta be candy Maldonado
1. Bonds (not even steph curry has topped this man as the most exciting sports player i've ever seen play. unreal)

2. MadBum
3. Posey
4. Big time Timmy Jim
5. Panda

Honorable mentions (because this list was too tough to put together...): JT Snow, Jason Schmidt, Brian Wilson
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 21, 2016 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
1. Bonds (not even steph curry has topped this man as the most exciting sports player i've ever seen play. unreal)

2. MadBum
3. Posey
4. Panda
5. Timmy

Honorable mentions (because this list was too tough to put together...): JT Snow, Jason Schmidt, Brian Wilson

Wilson crossed the line when he went to the Dodgers, and then made a display and stuff. Prior to that, he may have been on my list as well. Dude was full of energy, and I think it was his personality that made the giants go in 2010. Loved him. It rubbed off on everyone. They just needed Posey to bring the talent.
Royce Clayton, Kevin Mitchell, Jose Uriba, Jason Schmidt, Willie McGee

The OP list was either a young kid, or someone who started watching closer to 2011
Originally posted by sacniner:

The OP list was either a young kid, or someone who started watching closer to 2011

uribe and Thompson were my faves back in the day too.. that double play duo was fun
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

uribe and Thompson were my faves back in the day too.. that double play duo was fun

Hell yeah! That was sick

Who was the other end of the Royce Clayton double play duo? They were fun to watch also.

1. Mark McGwire
2. Ricky Henderson
3. Dennis Eckersley
4. Jose Canseco
5. Tim Hudson
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
1. Bonds

2. Tim Lincecum
3. Buster Posey
4. MadBum
5. JT Snow

Never saw Willie Mays - so can't put him under favorite 5.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

hahaha royce clayton

theres a name i haven't heard in a while
1. Bonds
2. The Thrill
3. Bum
4. Mitchell
5. Mays, McCovey, Marichal (all whom I've never seen play)

Honorable mention to Chili Davis who broke the bat over his knee when he struck out and as a 6-8 year old kid I liked that

Lol ya im young, 23yrs old.. the Bonds era was awesome, I love him
Share 49ersWebzone