LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

Is Curry one of the best offensive players ever?

Is Curry one of the best offensive players ever?

Originally posted by crzy:
1) Michael Jordan
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4) Bill Russel
5) Tim Duncan
6) Magic Johnson
7) Kobe Bryant
8) Lebron James
9) Larry Bird
10) Shaquille O'Neal
11) Oscar Robertson
12) Hakeem Olajuwon
13) Moses Malone
14) Jerry West

Yeah that's right, I'd take Kobe and Lebron and Tim Duncan over Larry Bird.

No disrespect to Larry Legend though, I think Jordan is unquestionably the greatest, but the 2nd through 12th best players ever are very debateable.

There's another angle to think about this. Bill Russell and Tim Duncan: one reason why they are great and became great is their team first mentality and ability to work within the team. Do think Russell could have dominated on offense if he really wanted to.
Originally posted by Joecool:
1) Michael Jordan
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4) Bill Russel
5) Tim Duncan
6) Magic Johnson
7) Kobe Bryant
8) Lebron James
9) Larry Bird
10) Shaquille O'Neal
11) Oscar Robertson
12) Hakeem Olajuwon
13) Moses Malone
14) Jerry West

No disrespect to Larry Legend though, I think Jordan is unquestionably the greatest, but the 2nd through 12th best players ever are very debateable.

There's another angle to think about this. Bill Russell and Tim Duncan: one reason why they are great and became great is their team first mentality and ability to work within the team. Do think Russell could have dominated on offense if he really wanted to.
I dont think Russell had the offensive game to completely dominate. He only was a 44% FG shooter which is pretty bad for a big man. His greatness was really as an amazing defender, rebounder, and passer. Without question the ultimate team player that benefited from having a great core of players along side him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1) Michael Jordan
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4) Bill Russel
5) Tim Duncan
6) Magic Johnson
7) Kobe Bryant
8) Lebron James
9) Larry Bird
10) Shaquille O'Neal
11) Oscar Robertson
12) Hakeem Olajuwon
13) Moses Malone
14) Jerry West

I dont think Russell had the offensive game to completely dominate. He only was a 44% FG shooter which is pretty bad for a big man. His greatness was really as an amazing defender, rebounder, and passer. Without question the ultimate team player that benefited from having a great core of players along side him.

This. It's not like Russell didn't want to play great offense, he just couldn't. This day and age, his ceiling would've been Ben Wallace.
As you all know I had my doubts but with these rules , he's putting up first ballot numbers.

BUT

I'm sure somehow the game will change some rules to downgrade his dominant play.
One thing is for sure, in this "era", he's the best offensive player.

One thing is for sure, these old dudes should keep their mouth closed and stop putting down the era of basketball. They may have a point, may be right, but they look petty as f**k saying it. Just don't say anything and let the game appeal for itself.

Reminds me of Jordan and his horrible HOF speech.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Feb 29, 2016 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

One thing is for sure, these old dudes should keep their mouth closed and stop putting down the era of basketball. They may have a point, may be right, but they look petty as f**k saying it. Just don't say anything and let the game appeal for itself.

Somehow Dennis Rodman's HOF speech was even more awkward than Jordan's. He was talking crap about his mom even though she was in the front row.
Don Nelson: Steph Curry pick wasn't vendetta pick vs. Knicks-
http://nypost.com/2015/05/30/the-warriors-inside-story-in-beating-knicks-for-stephen-curry/
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
http://nypost.com/2015/05/30/the-warriors-inside-story-in-beating-knicks-for-stephen-curry/

lol jonny flyn
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

lol jonny flyn
Could you imagine what the Curry for Amare trade fallout would have been like around here?

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

lol jonny flyn
Could you imagine what the Curry for Amare trade fallout would have been like around here?

People were PISSED at the time that the Warriors didnt pull that deal off. There were lots of Curry haters right before and after the draft and wanted Amare big time.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 29, 2016 at 6:37 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Very true. Also, the older guys didn't have zone defense to deal with. Things changed a lot from posting to up to players actually needing to develop a good jumper.

Very true. Also, the older guys didn't have zone defense to deal with. Things changed a lot from posting to up to players actually needing to develop a good jumper.

Yeah, but the young guys didn't have hand checking to deal with. The changes in the game can go back and forth.
As of right now, he's the best shooter of all-time. If he keeps this up, wins a few more championships, he might go down as the best ever.
Share 49ersWebzone