LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Will Valentino Rossi beat the Spaniards in 2016 Motogp?

Will Valentino Rossi beat the Spaniards in 2016 Motogp?

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheMexican:
The Ducati's seem to lay the power down in the wet better than others but chose the wrong tyre.

How big are Iannone knackers with his front tyre throwing the middle out of itself and riding another 3 laps.

.Dovi's front tyre let go mid race and he did not want to be on the bike anymore after that, maybe it is the wings on the Ducati causing the tyre failures no one else copped the same failures

The Ducatis are brutal on the tyres in the wet or the dry. That is their Achilles heal at the moment. However, the bike is a big improvement from a few years ago.

I somehow don't think Lorenzo will gell with it though. It will be too hard for him to turn with his riding style and he has major meltdowns when things are not set up perfect for him, like last weekend. What an A Grade Prima Donna. I see big clashes with him and Ducati crew next year lol.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Danny was deadly last night
How about the crowd support for Valentino
Forget now but I think it might have been around 6 or 7 laps to go when Danny finally caught up with him
Great spectacle
[ Edited by JoNeo on Sep 12, 2016 at 8:33 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
It was a brilliant race. Some hard passing. But where did Pedrosa come from?? I would not have picked that one. It is good he returned to form though he has had a rough season and he is the biggest gentleman in the class.
Yeah, Dani is a good bloke. Starting to look like Rossi will need a few things to go his way to take the championship. Certainly not impossible but it seems like Marquez's championship to lose right now.
[ Edited by Zealot on Sep 15, 2016 at 4:04 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
Yeah, Dani is a good bloke. Starting to look like Rossi will need a few things to go his way to take the championship. Certainly not impossible but it seems like Marquez's championship to lose right now.

Exactly, we will see how Marquez handles the pressure. He is a hot head and could possibly through it up the road and hurt himself trying to prove a point to Rossi. But Rossi is running out of time to gain points. 5 Races to go.
Marquez wins in Aragon to extend his points lead out to 52 over Rossi, who needs a miracle to win the championship now.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Marquez wins in Aragon to extend his points lead out to 52 over Rossi, who needs a miracle to win the championship now.

I think he just need Marquez to get too cocky and crash and injure himself.

Marquez has shown some more level headedness this year but Silverstone showed he could still get the red mist blinding him to the bigger picture.

Aragon is a Honda track Motegi, even though Honda owned, might not suite Marquez as much. Rossi is brilliant at Phillip Island and Sepang he knows well. I wouldn't write the old dog off yet.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Japanese Motogp this weekend at Motegi. Who is going to win it? Anyone brave enough to make an early tip?
Congratulations Marc Marquez, 2016 MotoGP World Champion!
[ Edited by Zealot on Oct 15, 2016 at 11:00 PM ]
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Congratulations Marc Marquez, 2016 MotoGP World Champion!

Yep Rossi crashed also
Marquez is like the Rossi from ten or more years ago

Originally posted by JoNeo:
Yep Rossi crashed also

Yeah mate, Marquez got the better today the way I see it. Rossi's bike was working (he put it on pole) but come the race, Marquez got out front and threatened to break away, Rossi tried to go with him (he had to) but in doing so, put it on the the deck. Great ride Marquez.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Yep Rossi crashed also

Yeah mate, Marquez got the better today the way I see it. Rossi's bike was working (he put it on pole) but come the race, Marquez got out front and threatened to break away, Rossi tried to go with him (he had to) but in doing so, put it on the the deck. Great ride Marquez.

Marquez won the Championship fair and square this year. He also impressed me by showing some maturity in 2 significant ways:

1.He rode for the championship instead of trying to win every race. He used his head.

2. He showed a lot of sportsmanship by approaching Rossi and shaking his hand early in the season to make up for the nonsense last year. Lorenzo kept it up like a spoilt brat.

So congratulations to Marquez for winning the World Championship and growing up to be a great sportsman.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Marquez won the Championship fair and square this year. He also impressed me by showing some maturity in 2 significant ways:

1.He rode for the championship instead of trying to win every race. He used his head.

2. He showed a lot of sportsmanship by approaching Rossi and shaking his hand early in the season to make up for the nonsense last year. Lorenzo kept it up like a spoilt brat.

So congratulations to Marquez for winning the World Championship and growing up to be a great sportsman.

Another show of maturity is accountability, which he showed by taking sole and full responsibility after he dropped it while heading to a likely victory at Philip Island. He blamed only himself instead of trying to deflect and make excuses.

Anyhow, looking forward to 2017. Good to see Suzuki getting better and KTM joining also. More competitive manufacturers can only be good. Just need an Aussie to break into that top half a dozen blokes.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:

Another show of maturity is accountability, which he showed by taking sole and full responsibility after he dropped it while heading to a likely victory at Philip Island. He blamed only himself instead of trying to deflect and make excuses.

Anyhow, looking forward to 2017. Good to see Suzuki getting better and KTM joining also. More competitive manufacturers can only be good. Just need an Aussie to break into that top half a dozen blokes.

Great observations from both you guy's
Could not agree more
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Very true

Miller is getting there. He started the year off injured. Injuring himself mid season but finished it with a win and a few top tens.

I see big improvements for Miller next year.

Also good to see Crutchlow find form with two very good wins. The later in the dry to show it wasn't a fluke. I expect he has finally found his true form and expect more good performances from him next year.

Mike Jones' ride got him in the points and he might get a gig next year. Fingers crossed.

I thought Stoner might have made a comeback at Motegi and certainly the spot was open following Iannonie's injury but true to form Stoner is a moaner.
Share 49ersWebzone