There are 122 users in the forums

Will Valentino Rossi beat the Spaniards in 2016 Motogp?

Will Valentino Rossi beat the Spaniards in 2016 Motogp?

Originally posted by JoNeo:
Marquez gets this one

48 points is a handy lead in the championship.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,562
Just heard Casey Stoner is returning to racing in some form
Is currently test riding for Ducati
Still young/ a comeback would be awesome if possible
Yeah, would be great to see Stoner back in the top class, but I can't seem to find anything about a return? He did some testing for Ducati and was third fastest. Good to see Ducati getting somewhere with their bike and Lorenzo is riding for them next year it seems.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,562
Originally posted by Zealot:
Yeah, would be great to see Stoner back in the top class, but I can't seem to find anything about a return? He did some testing for Ducati and was third fastest. Good to see Ducati getting somewhere with their bike and Lorenzo is riding for them next year it seems.

Came up on ABC Grandstand programe tonight Zeal
Here's hoping
[ Edited by JoNeo on Jul 21, 2016 at 3:52 AM ]
How good has the racing been for MotoGP this year!
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
How good has the racing been for MotoGP this year!

Better then I expected particularly with Jack Miller coming good and getting a surprise win. I thought it was turning to crap the end of last year and even though Rossi has had major dramas and Marqez has got a commanding lead it is still far from decided.
You don't see Jack Miller quitting despite his major hardships this year including breaking his leg in pre season training
Originally posted by Goatie:
You don't see Jack Miller quitting despite his major hardships this year including breaking his leg in pre season training

Proper Aussie. Hope he can continue to improve, get more consistent and eventually break into that top half a dozen without losing his tear-arse style too much.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
How good has the racing been for MotoGP this year!

Better then I expected particularly with Jack Miller coming good and getting a surprise win. I thought it was turning to crap the end of last year and even though Rossi has had major dramas and Marqez has got a commanding lead it is still far from decided.
Fun to watch and really competitive.

Makes F1 look really bad.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Fun to watch and really competitive.

Makes F1 look really bad.

F1 is really bad especially since they went back to the current turbo engines. So boring.

Motogp is where the real men compete. It is scary watching them sometimes. Even Moto3 is exciting when you see them going eight abreast into a corner. Completely nuts

Originally posted by Zealot:
Proper Aussie. Hope he can continue to improve, get more consistent and eventually break into that top half a dozen without losing his tear-arse style too much.

He just needs more laps. The first half of the season he was overriding to compensate for the leg injury and lost his confidence. Now that is coming back with his good results and healing up. I am sure Honda have given his bikes a few more good bits following his win.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,562
Pain and fear can sap confidence
After a crash it could take a while for someone to erase that bad experience enough to be able to give it everything again
If you watch these guys on the bends they're drifting sideways which is tricky on 4 wheels
But soo skillful on two wheels
Add to that a bunched situation where they are fighting for position
Heart in mouth stuff
Hats off to the bike racers of the world
Motogp on this weekend in Austria at the Red Bull Ring.

So far the Ducatis are going fast but spinning wheels. Though the Suzuki of Vinales has split Iannone and Dovi at the front. Rossi is forth. Miller was going well in FP1 but dropped out of the top ten in the second session.

Pedrossa had a big off in FP1 and I suspect a stuck throttle when he hit the brakes by the look of it.

FP2 was like qualifying. FP3 is about to start and qualifying later at around 10pm tonight.

Should be a good race. Rossi has to have a good crack to keep his championship hopes alive with Marquez's 48 point lead.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,562
marquez crashes in practice, goes to hospital
Originally posted by JoNeo:
marquez crashes in practice, goes to hospital

Apparently he's ok to finish the weekend though.
Share 49erswebzone