There are 228 users in the forums

Will Valentino Rossi beat the Spaniards in 2016 Motogp?

Will Valentino Rossi beat the Spaniards in 2016 Motogp?

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Will Rossi be Motogp Champion in 2016 or will the Spaniards rob him again?
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Marquez
Blindfolded
But what a long time champ Rossi has been
Also Pedrosa
Champ is the Danny
[ Edited by JoNeo on Feb 16, 2016 at 2:16 AM ]
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Kenny Roberts mabye
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Rossi is lurking. I think the old dog will pull it off and get No 10 this year
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Heard on the radio Lorenzo won on the weekend
  • jrg
  • Veteran
what?
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Heard on the radio Lorenzo won on the weekend

Lorenzo won convincingly but Rossi matched his lap times. The problem is for Lorenzo is he has signed to Ducati for next year so I doubt he will be getting development bits for his bike as the season rolls on. Rossi will get all the good development bits,

Marquez crashed out and lost his championship lead. There are 12 points between the top 3 now
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
what?

World MotoGp
Motorcycle championship
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Lorenzo won convincingly but Rossi matched his lap times. The problem is for Lorenzo is he has signed to Ducati for next year so I doubt he will be getting development bits for his bike as the season rolls on. Rossi will get all the good development bits,

Marquez crashed out and lost his championship lead. There are 12 points between the top 3 now

Might get to see how good a ridder Lorenzo is next year.
A move to Ducati, has stalled just about everyone careers apart from Stoner, some very big names have gone before him and produced next to nothing in the way of results.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 220s:

Might get to see how good a ridder Lorenzo is next year.
A move to Ducati, has stalled just about everyone careers apart from Stoner, some very big names have gone before him and produced next to nothing in the way of results.

True but the Ducati does seem to be going much better this year aside from a few notable rider errors

• 220s
  • Veteran
True but the Ducati does seem to be going much better this year aside from a few notable rider errors

Might be a bit to do with the bloke they signed as a test rider, from memory he won 23 races and put it on the podium another 17 times over 4 seasons while sitting on a ducati.
To put that into perspective Checa, Gibernau, Malandri, Hayden & Rossi in a combined 10 seasons managed 8 podiums without a single win
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Might be a bit to do with the bloke they signed as a test rider, from memory he won 23 races and put it on the podium another 17 times over 4 seasons while sitting on a ducati.
To put that into perspective Checa, Gibernau, Malandri, Hayden & Rossi in a combined 10 seasons managed 8 podiums without a single win

No doubt Stoner would have helped. Strange boy quitting in the middle of his career but I get the fact he has a child and would probably want to minimise the risk of not being around while she grew up.

I also think Audi taking over Ducati would have helped significantly as the box heads are a little bit more practical then the Italians who dream on a bit and don't want to let go of their sacred cow ideas, that aren't working.

Add Bayliss to the list of riders who had a crack on the Ducati as well.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
No doubt Stoner would have helped. Strange boy quitting in the middle of his career but I get the fact he has a child and would probably want to minimise the risk of not being around while she grew up.

I also think Audi taking over Ducati would have helped significantly as the box heads are a little bit more practical then the Italians who dream on a bit and don't want to let go of their sacred cow ideas, that aren't working.

I left Bayliss and Capirossi of the list deliberately, both won MotoGP races for Ducati (the only riders apart from Stoner) The Bayliss win is one of my all time favourites, a cameo ride after being out of MotoGP for 2 years and giving them another WSBK tittle. Rossi and Hayden fighting for the championship in the last race of the year and Bayliss just blows them all away and rides off into the distance, still have a recording of it here somewhere.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

I left Bayliss and Capirossi of the list deliberately, both won MotoGP races for Ducati (the only riders apart from Stoner) The Bayliss win is one of my all time favourites, a cameo ride after being out of MotoGP for 2 years and giving them another WSBK tittle. Rossi and Hayden fighting for the championship in the last race of the year and Bayliss just blows them all away and rides off into the distance, still have a recording of it here somewhere.

Bayliss was special and never lost his old down homeness
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Yeah Bayliss would be one of my all time favourite riders, for a bloke who started racing as late as he did he had a remarkable career. Just imagine if he had come through the 125 & 250s as a youngster instead of getting into racing in his mid 20's.
Share 49ersWebzone