LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne going to jail.

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
It was terrible, haven't seen one that bad since 2009... eww bad memory's.

Any RB would do poorly behind that line unless they're really good and can create for themselves like Hyde could.

Yeah but only for a while till the meat grinder broke him
Originally posted by Goatie:

Any RB would do poorly behind that line unless they're really good and can create for themselves like Hyde could.

Actually it was a stress fracture, not necessarily just running behind that horrid Oline. Michael Crabtree(ex-49er WR) had a similar stress fracture, but that's because players like Crabs and Hyde put a ton of pressure on their footwork.

Point is, that stress fracture was inevitable with or without that Oline. Thank god it was not anything knee related like a torn ACL or MCL, that's a whole different scenario story.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:27 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Both of Hayne's 9 yard runs were off power blocking runs. From the season opening game.

Counter left
vs 4-3 Over shift

The counter step to the right gets the blue LBs flowing towards the wrong side. #85 fakes as if to block purple. This causes purple to hesitate and will help the pulling guard (65).

85 jumps to the second level to find his block.

65 with the kickout block. 89 leads through the hole.

Breaking tackles.

+9

The plays next year will be based on inside and outside zone reads. The idea is to get the offensive linesman to decided whether he is covered or uncovered. If covered it will be a power blocking play and the linesmen will move into the guy covering and push him back as farm as he can. If uncovered he will step toward the play.

Chip will expect the QB and RB to zone read and make the decision from there about where to go. IE inside or outside zone read. The plays are designed to get a mathematical advantage over the defence. The best play will be to the QB to hand it off to the RB and then block any penetrating defender to give the RB the best opportunity to find the best holes.

Chip will set up a play strategy to force the defence to overreact when they anticipate the play. This will wrong foot them an open up gaps. Big gaps.

Hayne will loves this and he has every chance to get his head around the new structure as quickly as anyone in the team. In this way he will lose his hesitation and notchiness and be on the ball and in the hole fast.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/29/10841452/chip-kelly-offense-101-inside-run-game
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Here is how it looks

• Goatie
  • Veteran

Actually it was a stress fracture, not necessarily just running behind that horrid Oline. Michael Crabtree(ex-49er WR) had a similar stress fracture, but that's because players like Crabs and Hyde put a ton of pressure on their footwork.

Point is, that stress fracture was inevitable with or without that Oline. Thank god it was not anything knee related like a torn ACL or MCL, that's a whole different scenario story.

Yeah I know that but are you sure the stress fracture wasn't assisted along by being stomped on going threw the scrimmage?
Yeah I know that but are you sure the stress fracture wasn't assisted along by being stomped on going threw the scrimmage?
Stress fractures develop over long periods of time, highly doubt it had but to do with that Oline. Can't wait to see how Hyde run behind our new revamped Oline.

Btw I really hope we get the 13' 14' Chip Kelly, because last years( 15' ) Chip Kelly was straight trash and that was with a decent Oline and top 5 RB. That along with his power trip got him canned lol.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:36 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Stress fractures develop over long periods of time, highly doubt it had but to do with that Oline. Can't wait to see how Hyde run behind our new revamped Oline.

Btw I really hope we get the 13' 14' Chip Kelly, because last years( 15' ) Chip Kelly was straight trash and that was with a decent Oline and top 5 RB. That along with his power trip got him canned lol.

True stress fractures can develop over time. But it aint assisted by being stomped on. I remember seeing him be stomped a few times.

Chip will do better with a change. He will be hungrier now. There was of lot of s**tty politics from where came such as him being GM and coach after a death and then power struggles.

He will have had time tor reflection on what happened and refresh so hopefully he would have learned, recharged and be firing all cylinders by 1 April. I think the players are all going to be freaked out by the intensity of how Chip will train them and they have a lot of work to do and Chip will make them do it.

He is a big fan of drilling them over and over and over again until the plays just become muscle memory.

This will suit Hayne to a tee as he has more endurance than the rest of the team who are just stop start guys whereas Hayne has been trained all his life to play 80 minutes.

From as soon as we hit high school over here we do 80 minute games in two forty minute halves. That is why Hayne will lap up the harder training where others will struggle like some of the fatty linesmen will just die lol. I wish we could watch them train lol
[ Edited by Goatie on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:48 AM ]
True stress fractures can develop over time. But it aint assisted by being stomped on. I remember seeing him be stomped a few times.

Chip will do better with a change. He will be hungrier now. There was of lot of s**tty politics from where came such as him being GM and coach after a death and then power struggles.

He will have had time tor reflection on what happened and refresh so hopefully he would have learned, recharged and be firing all cylinders by 1 April. I think the players are all going to be freaked out by the intensity of how Chip will train them and they have a lot of work to do and Chip will make them do it.

He is a big fan of drilling them over and over and over again until the plays just become muscle memory.

This will suit Hayne to a tee as he has more endurance than the rest of the team who are just stop start guys whereas Hayne has been trained all his life to play 80 minutes.

From as soon as we hit high school over here we do 80 minute games in two forty minute halves. That is why Hayne will lap up the harder training where others will struggle like some of the fatty linesmen will just die lol. I wish we could watch them train lol

Whether hayne has high endurace means nothing since max he'll only get the ball 3 times a game, if that. And running backs across the league have pretty great endurance, its not like a new concept lol. Chip Kellys old college team(Oregon Ducks) which rotates new players every year adapt pretty easily.

And when it comes to the linemen aside from Trent Brown, we have the most athletic linemen in the league arguably in Joe Staley, and Anthony Davis is also a beast.

You're making it seem like Chip Kellys fast paced offense is hard for players to adapt too, but it's not. Want proof? In Chip Kellys first year with the Eagle he took them to the playoffs with that style of play. And similar Jim Harbaugh ran a ground and pound offense that the 2011 niner team adapted too immediately and went to the NFCCG also in Jim's first year as the HC.

Point is, Chip Kellys fast pace offense isn't that big of a deal that you make it out to be. Max, players will adjust to it within a month of training camp.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Feb 15, 2016 at 5:09 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Whether hayne has high endurace means nothing since max he'll only get the ball 3 times a game, if that. And running backs across the league have pretty great endurance, its not like a new concept lol. Chip Kellys old college team(Oregon Ducks) which rotates new players every year adapt pretty easily.

And when it comes to the linemen aside from Trent Brown, we have the most athletic linemen in the league arguably in Joe Staley, and Anthony Davis is also a beast.

You're making it seem like Chip Kellys fast paced offense is hard for players to adapt too,

Oh no no no no I wasn't. Keep reading back a few posts above.

Chips offense is relatively easy to learn and that is why I was saying Hayne will be on a more of even keel with other players and will lose his indecision and notchiness. He will lose it because it is much easier for him to pick then the old playbook and that Chip will be drilling them on the plays 100s of times a week until they become muscle memory.

Hayne will also have the upper hand because he simply has more endurance then the others because of his many years of doing 80 minutes in non stop 40 minutes halves at the top level.

Yeah some NFL guys are real fit but most of it is explosive fit. Then they stop for a bit, form up make all sorts of funny sounds like hut huts and what evers and then get around to making a play. Not in the same league mate and don't try and say it is because it is soooooooooooooo far apart young fella
[ Edited by Goatie on Feb 15, 2016 at 5:19 AM ]
Oh no no no no I wasn't. Keep reading back a few posts above.

Chips offense is relatively easy to learn and that is why I was saying Hayne will be on a more of even keel with other players and will lose his indecision and notchiness. He will lose it because it is much easier for him to pick then the old playbook and that Chip will be drilling them on the plays 100s of times a week until they become muscle memory.

Hayne will also have the upper hand because he simply has more endurance then the others because of his many years of doing 80 minutes in non stop 40 minutes halves at the top level.

Yeah some NFL guys are real fit but most of it is explosive fit. Then they stop for a bit, form up make all sorts of funny sounds like hut huts and what evers and then get around to making a play. Not in the same league mate and don't try and say it is because it is soooooooooooooo far apart young fella
No duh, rugby and football require 2 different types of fitness one is short burst the other endurance. But chip kellys play style isn't non stop rugby. It's pretty much just a glorified no huddle offense which plenty of players around the NFL have taken a part of in their career. And not that big of a deal that you make it out to seem.

Also Chip Kellys offense isn't "easy to learn" lol, if his offense was easy to learn defenses would have picked him apart right off the get-go in his NFL career, but it isn't complex either its more of a hybrid between the two, and has more to do with the volume of plays in his playbook. An easy offense to learn would be Jim Tomsulas, so Chip Kellys will definitely not be a walk in the park to learn.

Chip Kellys training camp practices usually average about 2 hours and consist of majorly just 7 on 7's. And while you think it'll be this crazy non stop practice the only real change will be a heightened tempo to accommodate his play style.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Feb 15, 2016 at 5:42 AM ]

Originally posted by C0wb0y_p3t3:
Ok just for this newb

How bad was the OL ?

I have never watched another team play so I have no comparison

Did the RB's do all they could with what help they were getting?

Or were they the bad players ( chicken or egg I guess )

And what happened to the Canadian Seahawks fan
I liked his comments

I'm still hovering around. Just get tired of making detailed posts only to see them get deleted by the mods. Personally I think the mods and "faithful" need to loosen up a bit and recognize that the Hayne threads should be treated differently than their other typical threads. The posters that gather here are different than their typical ones. There's a different knowledge base, different contribution level, different perspective, different motivation...just different everything about the guys and gals that congregate here because most of us followed Hayne onto the 49ers. What do they want these posters to do...go to the other threads and share their "expertise" with the vets on the differences between a 3-4 and 4-3 defence?!?! They should just let you guys post and chat and do whatever on here...and if they don't like the content then just don't open up the thread.

What really gets me are the posters that complain that when they come in here there isn't enough football talk and too much NRL or rugby talk?!?!? What do you expect? Dude touched the ball a dozen times. We've talked "football" about those dozen plays over a thousand pages...if the guys wander off topic or, heaven forbid, talk about the football codes which gave Hayne his "NFL" level skills, what is the problem - and why is it even off topic??? The reason Hayne is so fascinating is because everyone is waiting to see if a rugby player can convert and produce on the football field.

But whatever...its their site. They're free to keep deleting these threads and we're free to just lurk...and post on other sites.
Originally posted by carogan:
Personally I think the mods and "faithful" need to loosen up a bit and recognize that the Hayne threads should be treated differently than their other typical threads. The posters that gather here are different than their typical ones. There's a different knowledge base, different contribution level, different perspective, different motivation...just different everything about the guys and gals that congregate here because most of us followed Hayne onto the 49ers.
The entitlement never ends
OK mods you heard the aussie! Change the rules to accommodate them
Originally posted by carogan:
I'm still hovering around. Just get tired of making detailed posts only to see them get deleted by the mods. Personally I think the mods and "faithful" need to loosen up a bit and recognize that the Hayne threads should be treated differently than their other typical threads. The posters that gather here are different than their typical ones. There's a different knowledge base, different contribution level, different perspective, different motivation...just different everything about the guys and gals that congregate here because most of us followed Hayne onto the 49ers. What do they want these posters to do...go to the other threads and share their "expertise" with the vets on the differences between a 3-4 and 4-3 defence?!?! They should just let you guys post and chat and do whatever on here...and if they don't like the content then just don't open up the thread.

What really gets me are the posters that complain that when they come in here there isn't enough football talk and too much NRL or rugby talk?!?!? What do you expect? Dude touched the ball a dozen times. We've talked "football" about those dozen plays over a thousand pages...if the guys wander off topic or, heaven forbid, talk about the football codes which gave Hayne his "NFL" level skills, what is the problem - and why is it even off topic??? The reason Hayne is so fascinating is because everyone is waiting to see if a rugby player can convert and produce on the football field.

But whatever...its their site. They're free to keep deleting these threads and we're free to just lurk...and post on other sites.

Why did you even quote cowboy if you weren't going to answer a single one of his questions?

Also to your point about being off topic. There's another thread in the parking lot you can post in if you'd like to talk about non football related items. You guys aren't special so I'm not sure why you guys should get separate rules. British didn't come in demanding things be different for them when Okoye joined the team.
OK mods you heard the aussie! Change the rules to accommodate them

I'm not Aussie, I'm Canadian. And I said you could feel free to keep your rules and I'll freely lurk and just post in other forums if you don't want me or us.

Someone asked where I was and I said I'm not interested in posting here anymore. Take it for what you will. Personally - I have no interest in debating this topic with you anymore than this last post. You're free to keep your little clique the way you've always had it for all I care. I won't lose sleep over it.

Peace out.
Share 49ersWebzone