There are 115 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne quits, rejected and now a Titan.

Maaaaaaaaan, y'all needa chill and take a fat fvcking dab of that fire to the face!


////fadeddddd
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Feb 14, 2016 at 10:27 PM ]
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 16,958
Both of Hayne's 9 yard runs were off power blocking runs. From the season opening game.

Counter left
vs 4-3 Over shift


The counter step to the right gets the blue LBs flowing towards the wrong side. #85 fakes as if to block purple. This causes purple to hesitate and will help the pulling guard (65).


85 jumps to the second level to find his block.


65 with the kickout block. 89 leads through the hole.




Breaking tackles.


+9
  • Ute66
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 489
Yeah but that was against 7th/8th string guys who are probably cleaning toilets at a truck stop now... oh wait that's a regular season game.

In all seriousness though, if he can turn his 1-2 yard runs into 2-3 yard runs mixed with more of that he will be fine. He clearly has something to offer the team, it's up to him and the coaches to make best use of his talent.
Originally posted by thl408:
Both of Hayne's 9 yard runs were off power blocking runs. From the season opening game.

Counter left
vs 4-3 Over shift


The counter step to the right gets the blue LBs flowing towards the wrong side. #85 fakes as if to block purple. This causes purple to hesitate and will help the pulling guard (65).


85 jumps to the second level to find his block.


65 with the kickout block. 89 leads through the hole.




Breaking tackles.


+9
Thanx TH some more to browse on, also looks to me like hayne couldve kept going a bit more yardage if he was behind one of his blockers i think 85er by veering diagnolly right
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 16,958
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Thanx TH some more to browse on, also looks to me like hayne couldve kept going a bit more yardage if he was behind one of his blockers i think 85er by veering diagnolly right

He did the most of what he had. Watch the Center whiff his block. Story of the season, bad interior offensive line play.
  • Ute66
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 489
Marcus Martin?
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 16,958
Originally posted by Ute66:
Marcus Martin?

Yeah


Funny thing I think Hayne might have had a chance of getting a potential TD if he did his going-at-full-steam-cutback-inside move but it seemed like he just lost balance from the truck stick.

[ Edited by tezel112 on Feb 14, 2016 at 11:51 PM ]
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
Originally posted by strickac:
I'm a Harris fanboy. Aside from Hyde, he was easily the best looking RB we put out there. IMO, he's got the talent to play a big role for Chip. He could be the Brice Brown or Sproles in the offense. Not comparing them on attributes, but for his possible impact like theirs.

He was a great pickup by Trent. Draughn, Davis, and Gaskins have nothing on him.

that's great to know, I think there is a Harris thread around somewhere, if you want to talk about him post in that mate, cheers.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
Originally posted by 220s:
The fascination with Hayne isn't hard to understand if you recognise the fact he was a mega star in his chosen sport before switching codes.
He was a household name not only in Australia but NZ the pacific islands UK and anywhere they play rugby league. Most Rugby union fans also knew who Hayne was and union is played in most countries in the world.
Throw the general interest story on top about a bloke doing what no one has done before and suddenly you have world wide interest.

I think some of the 49ers faithful are having a hard time accepting there are more people in the world interested in the Hayne story regardless of if he is performing good bad or otherwise than are interested in the fortunes of the 49ers.

Given this it is no surprise the Hayne thread is the most active regardless of his on field performances.

This^

  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
Originally posted by pd24:
I guess, but you guys barley talk about Hayne and football. Most of the talk is of how good he 2as in another sport. That's cool and all but has zero to do with football

Going for a mod position mate?

As an observation in Reading some other niner threads it seems they to go of topic on occssion, yet not much deleting or locking going on in them.

Let's see if we can keep it on Hayne in this new one eh?
[ Edited by MFWIC on Feb 14, 2016 at 11:53 PM ]
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
Originally posted by susweel:
Getting real tired of some of our fans coming in bashing my dude hayne just to stir up my aussie brethren and getting hayne threads locked. Totally uncalled for.

Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Agree agree agree



Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:



  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
Originally posted by Niners99:
All of our return men sucked this year, so being better than Ellington is nothing to be proud of.

Who has longest PR in the last few years?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,029
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Going for a mod position mate?

As an observation in Reading some other niner threads it seems they to go of topic on occssion, yet not much deleting or locking going on in them.

Let's see if we can keep it on Hayne in this new one eh?
Another unnecessary post trying to get a reaction. Stick to the topic.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
Originally posted by pd24:
Another unnecessary post trying to get a reaction. Stick to the topic.

Who has the longest PR in the last few years?
Share 49erswebzone