LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne going to jail.

Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol the 7th best player huh? How do you figure that? He got 17 carries all season, and lost his PR job due to fumbling problems...

He got the most returning yards and played less games then Ellington. Ellington grassed the ball all by himself more.

He is 100% right about the accent though. Unbeatable on that point.

All of our return men sucked this year, so being better than Ellington is nothing to be proud of.
Originally posted by susweel:
Getting real tired of some of our fans coming in bashing my dude hayne just to stir up my aussie brethren and getting hayne threads locked. Totally uncalled for.

Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Agree agree agree

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
All of our return men sucked this year, so being better than Ellington is nothing to be proud of.

9.5 yard return average is not a bad average across the league especially for a rookie. Sure there were better but there were also a lot worse
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bewdynewkJH38:
Originally posted by susweel:
Getting real tired of some of our fans coming in bashing my dude hayne just to stir up my aussie brethren and getting hayne threads locked. Totally uncalled for.

Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Agree agree agree

Lol beauty Newk
Pfft. NFL discussion or questions from me, except for a helpful few, are widely ignored. So I wonder what the posters are here for that criticize us for not talking NFL?

It is probably me or maybe the time difference or the fact that this thread gets deleted regularly. But the antagonists get responded to by some and it just goes down hill and no one wins.

Remember as the aussie media say it's Haynes 49ers and Haynes NFL. The sooner we all get it the better. Scooled.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
The thing here is that we care about football, we don't care how famous Hayne is if he can't play football at a high level and right now he can't. As you can see most of us don't care about the NRL that 8s why we post on a 49ers football forum and talk about what players can do football wise. The reason you keep getting your thread locked is because alot of the time you guys talk about NRL and rugby which has nothing to do with football. You are doing it again and I think if you keep doing so they might place this thread in the Other sports section.

Sorry matey but isn't NFL the highest level of football?
Wasn't Hayne a starter for 8 games last season?
I would call that playing football at the highest level.

His individual performance could have been better and he has a long way to go to be considered good but he proved he can play at the highest level.

What I don't get is the Hayne hate.
Here is a bloke that inside 6 months went from never having played a game to a starter in the NFL, considering 99.99% of footballers never make it onto a NFL field maybe that is where the hate stems from.
He made getting a start in the NFL look easy, when tens of thousands of players spend a lifetime trying and fail every year.

Will he play another game? will he go on to be a star? who knows but like it or not football is entertainment and the most entertaining thing about the 49ers in the last 12 months has been the Hayne story. I'm enjoying the ride and have buckled up for the next chapter.
Originally posted by 220s:
Sorry matey but isn't NFL the highest level of football?
Wasn't Hayne a starter for 8 games last season?
I would call that playing football at the highest level.

His individual performance could have been better and he has a long way to go to be considered good but he proved he can play at the highest level.

What I don't get is the Hayne hate.
Here is a bloke that inside 6 months went from never having played a game to a starter in the NFL, considering 99.99% of footballers never make it onto a NFL field maybe that is where the hate stems from.
He made getting a start in the NFL look easy, when tens of thousands of players spend a lifetime trying and fail every year.

Will he play another game? will he go on to be a star? who knows but like it or not football is entertainment and the most entertaining thing about the 49ers in the last 12 months has been the Hayne story. I'm enjoying the ride and have buckled up for the next chapter.

Good read bloke
Its the great mans birthday today
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Its the great mans birthday today
Happy hayne late valentines birthday Mate!
[ Edited by 4x4niner on Feb 14, 2016 at 7:53 PM ]

Happy birthday Jarryd!!

Hapy bday jerry
10 more years and he will really be the no:38
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Just messing around. He's intriguing for sure. I think he has a future as a returner. I just don't see the skills as a RB. Maybe this offseason he'll get comfortable, make quicker decisions and translate that into better game sped.

I was watching an interview about how he's been trying to adjust to the weight of the pads. It's hampered his speed quite a bit. Apparently he's much faster. He just needs some time to adjust to the equipment. Maybe we'll see that this year.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
I'm a Harris fanboy. Aside from Hyde, he was easily the best looking RB we put out there. IMO, he's got the talent to play a big role for Chip. He could be the Brice Brown or Sproles in the offense. Not comparing them on attributes, but for his possible impact like theirs.

He was a great pickup by Trent. Draughn, Davis, and Gaskins have nothing on him.

Hyde, Hayne, Harris
The triple H effect
Just wind em up n watch em go
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Just messing around. He's intriguing for sure. I think he has a future as a returner. I just don't see the skills as a RB. Maybe this offseason he'll get comfortable, make quicker decisions and translate that into better game sped.

I was watching an interview about how he's been trying to adjust to the weight of the pads. It's hampered his speed quite a bit. Apparently he's much faster. He just needs some time to adjust to the equipment. Maybe we'll see that this year.

Consider this -

1. Hayne in April 2015 had never played NFL before.

2. In his first preseason game on his second touch of the ball he got a rep at Running Back and may a 53 yard run. Yeah it was the preseason and the preseason doesn't matter and blah blah blah, but when have you ever heard of a guy who has never formally played any level of American football do such a thing?

3. He came into the team when they had the worst coaching staff in the last 30 years. This coaching staff could not stop the o line from leaking, this staff could not make offensive plays work consistently, ran overly conservative offensive play calling, had little imagination in their plays, could not score in the first quarter for most of the season until 1 or 2 games at the very end and none of the players in the team looked very special at all during the season, yet some expect the rookie to have taken to the house every game or he is just no good. This is an example of unrealistic expectations.

4. While not stellar in his performance at RB, have not take the ball backward, not ever one yard,

5. Nor did Hayne grass the ball while at RB.

6. Hayne only grassed one ball as a returner. That one he should of caught. One was because he got run over by his own team mate and the last was getting the ball stolen by someone from behind. The benefit in the last is he learned a good lesson in ball security. On the other hand Ellington managed to grass three all by himself.

7. Although Hayne is not at Harris's level, he was close to Draughn, ahead of Gaskins and Davis. All three have much more experience then Hayne.

8. Don't expect Hayne to start where he left off in the preseason later this year. He hungry, he is training at the moment, he will give it all in preseason training and summer came come 1 April.

9. When he hits the field he will be significantly better than last time we saw him in the second last game. In gauging his performance increase look for example at the difference in his play from the 6 game of the year to the second last game of the year. The difference was enormous. So imagine now after his break where every thing has sunk in, where a new coach teaches him new plays that will work to Hayne's strengths rather then his weakness's and with better coaching all around how much more improvement there will undoubtedly be. Hayne's level of performance, knowledge of the game, decision making ability etc is bolting up the performance curve not being stagnant or going backward. It is going up and going up faster then anyone else on the curve.
Share 49ersWebzone