There are 147 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne quits, rejected and now a Titan.

  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,552
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Ok, lets try a different way guys, on topic, civil and no baiting, this plane has been in a few turbulent weather conditions, fine skies and a good season ahead for this one please.

A good cross section of thoughts on Haynes future prospects in only first two (of many) pages
Top thread 4x4
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,028
Why did the last thread get locked?
Originally posted by Ute66:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Me too.....just so that I don't have to see these "Hayne threads" every time I enter this site. Here's an idea.....let's talk about him if he actually becomes a meaningful starter on the team and does something worth talking about.
What? You don't have to see anything, if the topic doesn't interest you, just don't open it.

He's proven people wrong before, who's to say he won't do it again? I would like to see him make it again, just to see the same "faithful" hate someone on their own team more than the opposition.

I don't hate him at all......but I think he has done absolutely nothing at all to warrant all this talk about him as an NFL player. He was a great Rugby player.....I get that, but until he becomes a star in the NFL......who cares about him on an NFL website. If he wins a spot and turns into a great return man, then I'll gladly be a huge fan of his, but until then he's a tiny blip on the NFL radar.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
I don't hate him at all......but I think he has done absolutely nothing at all to warrant all this talk about him as an NFL player. He was a great Rugby player.....I get that, but until he becomes a star in the NFL......who cares about him on an NFL website. If he wins a spot and turns into a great return man, then I'll gladly be a huge fan of his, but until then he's a tiny blip on the NFL radar.
Correction, he is a great League player as in Rugby League, Rugby player is the 15 man code.

It's all up to hayne if he wants to really make it in NFL, he has the ability, the drive and the vesatility. Time is probably the factor.
[ Edited by 4x4niner on Feb 14, 2016 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Ok, lets try a different way guys, on topic, civil and no baiting, this plane has been in a few turbulent weather conditions, fine skies and a good season ahead for this one please.

A good cross section of thoughts on Haynes future prospects in only first two (of many) pages
Top thread 4x4
thanx neo so far we are good to go!
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
I don't hate him at all......but I think he has done absolutely nothing at all to warrant all this talk about him as an NFL player. He was a great Rugby player.....I get that, but until he becomes a star in the NFL......who cares about him on an NFL website. If he wins a spot and turns into a great return man, then I'll gladly be a huge fan of his, but until then he's a tiny blip on the NFL radar.

We care mate. That is why his thread is so popular. Just cause you don't get it doesn't mean what we do is invalid. I am sure you do plenty of things we don't get but we don't drop in on the threads you frequent and invalidate what you do. We would like you to respect the fact that we do our own thing as we respect that you do your own thing.
Originally posted by OldMort49:
Originally posted by strickac:
I like Hayne but I'm kind of hoping he gets cut so these threads and this weird fascination goes away


Hayne is a member of the SF 49ers, and as such he deserves discussion just like any other player on the team. Its real simple, don't read Hayne threads if you don't like them. Personally, I avoid Gabbert, Kap, and Ellington threads as they bore me to death. Each player has their fans, its not necessarily a "weird fascination."

It's weird
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,552
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by OldMort49:
Originally posted by strickac:
I like Hayne but I'm kind of hoping he gets cut so these threads and this weird fascination goes away


Hayne is a member of the SF 49ers, and as such he deserves discussion just like any other player on the team. Its real simple, don't read Hayne threads if you don't like them. Personally, I avoid Gabbert, Kap, and Ellington threads as they bore me to death. Each player has their fans, its not necessarily a "weird fascination."

It's weird

I think the fascination is fuelled by learning more about you're sport also
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 161,362
Originally posted by Niners99:
Never has so much discussion happened over a player who has contributed nothing...

this. i really don't get it. i wonder if dujuan harris has a huge fan club somewhere as well.
Originally posted by JoNeo:
I think the fascination is fuelled by learning more about you're sport also

Just messing around. He's intriguing for sure. I think he has a future as a returner. I just don't see the skills as a RB. Maybe this offseason he'll get comfortable, make quicker decisions and translate that into better game sped.

I was watching an interview about how he's been trying to adjust to the weight of the pads. It's hampered his speed quite a bit. Apparently he's much faster. He just needs some time to adjust to the equipment. Maybe we'll see that this year.

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Never has so much discussion happened over a player who has contributed nothing...

this. i really don't get it. i wonder if dujuan harris has a huge fan club somewhere as well.

I'm a Harris fanboy. Aside from Hyde, he was easily the best looking RB we put out there. IMO, he's got the talent to play a big role for Chip. He could be the Brice Brown or Sproles in the offense. Not comparing them on attributes, but for his possible impact like theirs.

He was a great pickup by Trent. Draughn, Davis, and Gaskins have nothing on him.
Originally posted by strickac:
It's weird

It's weird that a guy who never played NFL ever got activated and has done more to bridge the gap to NFL than anyone before. Others are looking at the subject from a different angle. That's all. That's why a Harris thread is not as significant even though he is a better player. It's not about the ability. It's the story.
  • U4er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 43
ITT - Americans confused by how much Australians love Hayne.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,028
Originally posted by U4er:
ITT - Americans confused by how much Australians love Hayne.

I don't think it's that, I think it is the part where some think he is great at football, or close to turning the corner and being great or even good.
[ Edited by pd24 on Feb 14, 2016 at 2:27 PM ]
  • 220s
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 432
The fascination with Hayne isn't hard to understand if you recognise the fact he was a mega star in his chosen sport before switching codes.
He was a household name not only in Australia but NZ the pacific islands UK and anywhere they play rugby league. Most Rugby union fans also knew who Hayne was and union is played in most countries in the world.
Throw the general interest story on top about a bloke doing what no one has done before and suddenly you have world wide interest.

I think some of the 49ers faithful are having a hard time accepting there are more people in the world interested in the Hayne story regardless of if he is performing good bad or otherwise than are interested in the fortunes of the 49ers.

Given this it is no surprise the Hayne thread is the most active regardless of his on field performances.
Share 49erswebzone